Rate your spouse / SO | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rate your spouse / SO

Thanks man, I forgot to add she is totally into the tailgates and loves making different foods and stuff for us to eat. The only downside is the TV part, she doesnt like it when I flip out and yell and says she hates when SU loses because depending on the game I can be in a bad mood for hours. She is allready planning some stuff for the home tailgates and has a few ideas for food on Saturday.

She also kept my wife company for the lacrosse game the my wife knew nothing about. If it wasent for her, my wife would have had to talk to retro :eek:;)

10. Ultimately she doesn't care about sports, which make her even better. Because she puts on the face, the gear, goes to games to support my passion, gives up the TV when necessary, and aids me in raising my two children Orange. She understands when I'm mad, when I have a scheduling issue, and when in screaming downstairs at the TV after she's gone to bed.

If she was an sports fan, it would be easy. But because she's not at all, she gets extra points for effort.

"This one goes to eleven."

Go Orange Dammit!!!

She also kept my wife company for the lacrosse game the my wife knew nothing about. If it wasent for her, my wife would have had to talk to retro :eek:;)

LOL she loved talking to your wife I remember her explaing some of the lacrosse rules to her. I am sure she will be excited when I tell her you guys are coming in for the BC game. I cant begin to tell you how much you owe her for the retro thing :p ;)

On a scale of 1-10, how great a spouse or significant other do you have when it comes to SU sports?

I'll start - 9.2 (she likes Roy Williams and Carolina for some reason I don't understand - otherwise we might be looking at a perfect score)

8 Its family law that I dont miss SU football or hoops be it in person or tv...she does get upset when i go off on my 2 year old like temper tantrums when things go bad. The good news is I have worked a deal with TW cable and have two new remote controls delivered the morning after every loss

Thanks man, I forgot to add she is totally into the tailgates and loves making different foods and stuff for us to eat. The only downside is the TV part, she doesnt like it when I flip out and yell and says she hates when SU loses because depending on the game I can be in a bad mood for hours. She is allready planning some stuff for the home tailgates and has a few ideas for food on Saturday.
heres the good news for you, you'll still react that way, always, but as you get older the bad mood part start to creep back to minutes and no longer day(s) or hours. Hang in there you'll get old like the rest of us :)

I forgot to mention my GF will be accompanying me to the PSU game this weekend. It will be her first Syracuse game, as well as her first real football game ever. I hope she loves it, first impressions and all.

heres the good news for you, you'll still react that way, always, but as you get older the bad mood part start to creep back to minutes and no longer day(s) or hours. Hang in there you'll get old like the rest of us :)

LOL thanks, I think.

This is loaded. See when she was just my GF she went with me and her car and we went down to the Gator Bowl in 1996. Getting some on the beach in the back of a 1992 LeMans. Great road trip. BUT, she was also very upset a couple months later when I completely forgot about her birthday because John Wallace and Z-Sims were busy beating Drexel in the NCAAs. I made that up to her next year with a big basketball frosted cookie cake (plus Cuse was in the NIT that year :(). We got married in Ithaca the day Cuse played Tulane in 97 (because it was the equinox and we had this whole equally yoked theme) and I got back to Cuse in time for the game (I believe it was an actual 6pm start) but, it was my freaking wedding night, so I just watched it on TV.

There are a ton of times she would come back from shopping literally with 2 minutes left in a game and though I was going to help her. But she knows not to have any all day major event stuff on any game day. It is give and take. If I sacrifice some game watching (VERY RARELY) it usually works out.

So all in all, I would say 5 when it comes to sports in that I can't watch them with her, I truly envy Marsh in that regard.

She did call me excitedly in Cincinnati at the thrift store telling me about the #15 Anthony shirt she found with the NCAA reflective circle on it. I remember her asking it that was something I would pay $4 for. (um I said hell yes I believe)

But she is a 12 in most other categories so...

I forgot to mention my GF will be accompanying me to the PSU game this weekend. It will be her first Syracuse game, as well as her first real football game ever. I hope she loves it, first impressions and all.

So who was that with you at the UConn game a few years back? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are realllllly rubbing this in Orijinal's face now.

HELL YEAH.

By the way, I can't add much here, only that I hope to someday find one of these ladies who love su so much. Girls that like sports are hot.

10. She's a USC alum and as long as I agree to watch a few of their football games, we watch SU as well. It also helps playing in different time zones. We're going on vacation this weekend and staying in the hotel to watch the Cuse game, I'm good with that.

10. She let's me go to any game that I really want to, she went to the dome for a game with me when she was 5 or 6 months pregant, we watched a Syracuse football game from bed on our honeymoon, and she's way too good looking for me and looks good in orange.
In that order? ;)

On a scale of 1-10, how great a spouse or significant other do you have when it comes to SU sports?

I'll start - 9.2 (she likes Roy Williams and Carolina for some reason I don't understand - otherwise we might be looking at a perfect score)

She's an Ohio State grad / fan.

Gotta go with a 10. She allows me out of any function or project to watch Syracuse games.
She watches almost all of the games with me and is almost as vocal.
She is a KU alum and owns one piece of KU gear and at least a dozen pieces of Syracuse gear.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Oh and she hung this front and center in our living room.
2apa7yzy.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

10 plus - if I'm working late she goes to football & basketball games without me, takes our parking pass and tells me to meet her there - sucks cause I lose my designated driver in those situations and have to park far away from Dome compared to being right next to it. We have to be there also when they open the doors to the Dome - that's why I can never visit tailgates...plus we go to all games humanly possible and she DVDs all games and we have to watch them the next day then we go through a re-analysis all over again.

I always win the analysis of the games because I secretly review SUTomcats "my take" with her and she thinks I'm so smart because of it too. She is a super diehard fan and was a former cheerleader in her day.

10 plus - if I'm working late she goes to football & basketball games without me, takes our parking pass and tells me to meet her there - sucks cause I lose my designated driver in those situations and have to park far away from Dome compared to being right next to it. We have to be there also when they open the doors to the Dome - that's why I can never visit tailgates...plus we go to all games humanly possible and she DVDs all games and we have to watch them the next day then we go through a re-analysis all over again.

I always win the analysis of the games because I secretly review SUTomcats "my take" with her and she thinks I'm so smart because of it too. She is a super diehard fan and was a former cheerleader in her day.[/quote]

You dog, you!