Rating bowl chances in the Big East | Syracusefan.com

Rating bowl chances in the Big East

sweet, that Mizzou game got moved to the Dome, apparently.

sweet, that Mizzou game got moved to the Dome, apparently.

And how did poor Temple get stuck with only having 11 games this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Left the MAC with little time to spare, and everyone else was already locked into other commitments.

My biggest take from this article as well!! They must be so money strapped that they didn't want to pay a FCS team to play them in a 1/50 th filled Linc?

Still think getting to 6 will be tough. The teams we should beat are both on the road and until we actually play well on the road, i can't make those down as definite.

I do not see us beating UofL (too much talent) or Mizzou (too tough of road environment). Cincinnati is the key game. I think it is a toss up.

As of right now I would say it is a stretch to say we win 6 games... I really hope we do, this week will say a lot.
The Northwestern, Minny and Rutgers game still drive me nuts. Win one, and we are in a much better position.

My biggest take from this article as well!! They must be so money strapped that they didn't want to pay a FCS team to play them in a 1/50 th filled Linc?
Well not just that. Since any FCS squad would have had leverage on Temple, they would've taken them to the woodshed in terms of costs associated with the game. Once they saw the amounts to play a FCS would probably outweigh gate receipts, they probably figured it was just better to play 11.

Surprised Temple didn't take a payday from Florida State to replace West Virginia. FSU had to pay Savannah State to go down there and take a beating. If Florida State was undefeated the 2 I-AAs would have killed their chances for NC with all the other undefeated teams right now. Temple would have been a good 12th game for Florida State. Surprised to see Temple only scheduled 11 games.

Surprised Temple didn't take a payday from Florida State to replace West Virginia. FSU had to pay Savannah State to go down there and take a beating. If Florida State was undefeated the 2 I-AAs would have killed their chances for NC with all the other undefeated teams right now. Temple would have been a good 12th game for Florida State. Surprised to see Temple only scheduled 11 games.
http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/10/temple-trying-to-schedule-football-game-at-hawaii-december/ Temple's looking to schedule Hawaii now. Since Hawaii can still book a 13th game, they both have availability on December 8th. Might not be a terrible idea for Temple, especially if they're at 5-6 at that point.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/10/temple-trying-to-schedule-football-game-at-hawaii-december/ Temple's looking to schedule Hawaii now. Since Hawaii can still book a 13th game, they both have availability on December 8th. Might not be a terrible idea for Temple, especially if they're at 5-6 at that point.
Assuming Syracuse becomes bowl eligible this season, and Temple is able to schedule this game and assuming they were to win it (likely), beat Army (likely) and someone else (Pitt?), the Big East could conceivably give Syracuse the ultimate goodbye gift by placing Temple in the Pinstripe and exiling Syracuse to the BBCA Compass Bowl in rat infested Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama.

That would be pretty awesome.

Assuming Syracuse becomes bowl eligible this season, and Temple is able to schedule this game and assuming they were to win it (likely), beat Army (likely) and someone else (Pitt?), the Big East could conceivably give Syracuse the ultimate goodbye gift by placing Temple in the Pinstripe and exiling Syracuse to the BBCA Compass Bowl in rat infested Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama.

Damn...just ruined my day...another Jack and Coke...double this time...I am planning to go to NYC for the Pinstripe...damn

. You're right. That's exactly what would happen.

. You're right. That's exactly what would happen.

You sure? Wouldn't the Yankees have a say in this? I know the Yankees would prefer Cuse. I'm hoping for a WVU/Cuse Pinstripe Bowl.

You sure? Wouldn't the Yankees have a say in this? I know the Yankees would prefer Cuse. I'm hoping for a WVU/Cuse Pinstripe Bowl.

I guess it depends on how the selection process works. And where we fall in the order. Big East could speak with the Pinstripe Bowl about their continued partnership, and frame the selection of another team as the "better long-term option" to convey value in its properties (just a guess).

I just can't look past Tampa, got to win that first and then I'll harp on the game after that but not a darn minute before the Orange play USF. If these players make a bowl with this schedule I'll be very proud of the job they did and consider it a pretty successful season. Still, I want that win in Florida and for some reason I just can't look that far ahead...don't like the speculation game I suppose.

Conferences may lobby but the bowls select who they want of eligible teams, regardless of where they finish also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom