Class of 2016 - Rawle Alkins to Arizona | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Rawle Alkins to Arizona

NYCorange

2nd String
Here in NYC, Rawle is a big deal, and he's right up our alley in terms of geographic area (although he's now prepping in NC) and recruiting style. He reminds me a lot of Dion, but he's stronger and more explosive if possible.

I looked through the forum and didn't see any posts about him, so I was just curious as to why we never really even thought about him. Now it's almost surely too late, but...

JB has been burned on NYC recruits in the past. Whitehead being the last bad experience. I think he's just decided NYC kids aren't worth the drama. If that's smart or not...?

Rawle, while not a bad kid is pure high maintenance. He loves attention and wants to milk the recruiting process all the way until the end. Obviously JB has no patience for a kid like this, which is why the staff spent zero time recruiting him. SJU, Zona, and NC St are the frontrunners here.

Rawle, while not a bad kid is pure high maintenance. He loves attention and wants to milk the recruiting process all the way until the end. Obviously JB has no patience for a kid like this, which is why the staff spent zero time recruiting him. SJU, Zona, and NC St are the frontrunners here.

Exactly what is being said in a lot of places "Rawle is all about Rawle", "High Maintenance"

Not sure we want that type of player at this point

Battle and Moyer are a complete 180 from that

An even better coach doesn't bother.
This makes no sense. Part of coaching at a high level is managing egos.

Sometimes it's not worth it but that better not be a coaching mantra if you're a top CBB or CFB program.

This makes no sense. Part of coaching at a high level is managing egos.

Sometimes it's not worth it but that better not be a coaching mantra if you're a top CBB or CFB program.

Makes perfect sense. Sometimes you just don't bother with a kid because of drama or baggage. Takes a good coach to know when to say no thanks.

It's amazing how many of these types Sean Miller chases...

I totally agree that recruiting kids who use the recruiting process as a self aggrandizing process that wastes time and money on the part of the school and coaches

Miller somehow landed Kobi Simmons, who never stepped foot on that campus before committing. That's extremely rare for a 5 star recruit in B-Ball.

Miller somehow landed Kobi Simmons, who never stepped foot on that campus before committing. That's extremely rare for a 5 star recruit in B-Ball.
Hmmmm.

Isn't that Diallo?
Diallo is supposedly 2017 if he comes to SU, which means even with getting a big late in 2016 there will still be an extra scholarship in 2016. I suspect 1-2 of Battle, Lydon, and Richardson will go pro after 2016, which in addition to graduating seniors Coleman, Chinoso, and Roberson will open up a pile of scholarships in 2017 (i.e., no reason to save a 2016 one for Diallo in 2017).

It kills me that schools like Duke, KU, and UK can get multiple 5-stars to come ride the pine or play in a rotation their freshman year, but Syracuse can't even get 4-stars to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom