Razor Thin Margin... | Syracusefan.com

Razor Thin Margin...

ar inj

2nd String
I thought they were playing with us, but when the panned the crowd the first time, they had team logos hanging on the wall ... and there was a big block orange S. Wife and I both saw it and thought, why is that there if the Orange is not in the field. We were still sweating until the Orange was actually confirmed to be in, but I was thinking the Committee actually got it right.

The was the FIRST thing I noticed too - the other 3 team logos I saw were either auto bids team or an obvious at large team.

I imagine the process of scheduling is more of an art than a science, but this year should be the template moving forward. Load up on a few solid mid majors (Uconn, Buffalo, those types of scrappy over achievers) and sprinkle in a neutral floor and or road game against legit opponents.

I imagine the process of scheduling is more of an art than a science, but this year should be the template moving forward. Load up on a few solid mid majors (Uconn, Buffalo, those types of scrappy over achievers) and sprinkle in a neutral floor and or road game against legit opponents.
I don't think we can count on getting lucky with Buffalo and UConn again year after year. Those schools are hit or miss. We must be willing to drop them at a moments notice when we think they will go back to sucking.

were playing 2 games at msg next year , iowa and uconn and someone else in the bracket

were playing 2 games at msg next year , iowa and uconn and someone else in the bracket

Oregon is the other team but i thought it was just a doubleheader. Do the winners play each other?

I don't think we can count on getting lucky with Buffalo and UConn again year after year. Those schools are hit or miss. We must be willing to drop them at a moments notice when we think they will go back to sucking.

Can see your point for uconn but buffalo’s turning into an annual 20+ win mac team and conference favorites year after year. Great how they rebounded from hurley

I thought they were playing with us, but when the panned the crowd the first time, they had team logos hanging on the wall ... and there was a big block orange S. Wife and I both saw it and thought, why is that there if the Orange is not in the field. We were still sweating until the Orange was actually confirmed to be in, but I was thinking the Committee actually got it right.

After L and N, I know Syracuse will be the ninth ACC team in.

Last year they gave away the bad news in the open of the show.
They had a montage of Hall of Fame coaches and left Boeheim out.

Can see your point for uconn but buffalo’s turning into an annual 20+ win mac team and conference favorites year after year. Great how they rebounded from hurley

To be fair it sorta started with him.
Div champs in 2014, conf/tourn champs 2015. Then he gone. NCAA 2015/2016/2018

Syracuse's NCSOS (non-conference SOS) stands out among all bubble teams. That is the main reason we beat every other school and get the last bid.

Oregon is the other team but i thought it was just a doubleheader. Do the winners play each other?

Besides competing in the championship rounds of this tournament on Nov. 15-16 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, those four schools will host a pair of regional match-ups at their respective campuses, the press release says.

The other outfits involved in the 2018 2K Classic are Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Morehead State, and UMKC. Per the announcement, Eastern Washington will host Green Bay, Morehead State, and UMKC on Nov. 16-17, in Cheney, Wash.

Syracuse Basketball to participate in 2018 2K Classic at MSG

2 less non-con games starting in 2019-20 when we move to 20 ACC conference games.

To be fair it sorta started with him.
Div champs in 2014, conf/tourn champs 2015. Then he gone. NCAA 2015/2016/2018
Thats my point. Noone thought theyd find a rebound hire and continue their success as they have

I wish I had noticed that! That was a damn long ten minutes.

What an absolute wild bubble ride it's been the last 3 years. 2 years ago, the leaked bracket craziness & final 4 run. Last year, Syracuse is the first team out as #1 team in the NIT. This year, they are the last team in... it's that CLOSE. Can you imagine how painful and potentially rare/unheard of it would be to literally be the FIRST TEAM OUT two years in a row?!? Has that ever happened before? It would have been absolutely brutal, my heart can't take too much more of that. I don't care how or why, but being the last team in right now is basically everything. I'm basking in the glow and thankful for a 2018 bracket that's got some Syracuse Orange in it;)

That's a great observation. I didn't notice it in the initial segments. Saw our logo front and center later in show and thought to myself "did they just put that up or was it there all along?"

What an absolute wild bubble ride it's been the last 3 years. 2 years ago, the leaked bracket craziness & final 4 run. Last year, Syracuse is the first team out as #1 team in the NIT. This year, they are the last team in... it's that CLOSE. Can you imagine how painful and potentially rare/unheard of it would be to literally be the FIRST TEAM OUT two years in a row?!? Has that ever happened before? It would have been absolutely brutal, my heart can't take too much more of that. I don't care how or why, but being the last team in right now is basically everything. I'm basking in the glow and thankful for a 2018 bracket that's got some Syracuse Orange in it;)
We were probably the 5th from last in in 2016. I’m over this bubble crap. Let’s hope this is the last year we play around in this space for quite a while.

I didn't think they would disrespect the ACC by leaving out all 3 bubble teams. I felt pretty good after the L and N's passed through and Ville/ND didn't pop up.
Once Arizona State came up I got very nervous. But then as it kept going - no Baylor, no Louisville, no Marquette, no Middle Tennessee - I felt better - then no Notre Dame - at that point I was thinking holy cow we may be in - once there was no Oklahoma State I knew were good.

Once Arizona State came up I got very nervous. But then as it kept going - no Baylor, no Louisville, no Marquette, no Middle Tennessee - I felt better - then no Notre Dame - at that point I was thinking holy cow we may be in - once there was no Oklahoma State I knew were good.
I was so nervous I couldn't remember if syracuse went before or after st Mary's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom