Class of 2016 - RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good pickup and love the class. 50% of the battle. Now let's see HCDFB turn it into some dubs.

Good question especially since he's staring at sitting out an entire year. I'm surprised someone would sit out an entire year in college football since the shelf life for RBs is so short. Hope the rule is changed and he can play immediately.
It's the mileage, not the years. Sitting out won't add a whole lot of wear and tear.

It's happening, IT'S HAPPENING!

Consistently amazed by this staffs ability to plug holes as quickly as they do and to bring in the type of talent they've been bringing in.

These are serious players that we are mining.

And when we start winning, for those who are nervous about Dino leaving, I wouldn't be. He stockpiling some real talent.

There is a reason Dino brought in our new OL coach.

Also a trap play requires a lot of co-ordination or it could go wrong. You aren't going to get that with a line full of freshmen. With a veteran line we could do more of that.

Dixon is NOT on campus.
Wasn't he in the group that visited last weekend? If so, he was "on campus". However, he didn't stay and isn't enrolled in classes, am I stating that correctly?

Wasn't he in the group that visited last weekend? If so, he was "on campus". However, he didn't stay and isn't enrolled in classes, am I stating that correctly?

He is not currently an SU student.

He has run a 4.42 40. That is great for a guy with just pure burner straight ahead speed. I think the thing that make Abdul unique is his ability to make extreme cuts, plus his ability to accelerate to full speed very quickly.

If he is eligible immediately, no question Neal moves to the slot.
It's nice to see a RB NOT get caught from behind on a long run.

It's happening, IT'S HAPPENING!

Consistently amazed by this staffs ability to plug holes as quickly as they do and to bring in the type of talent they've been bringing in.

These are serious players that we are mining.

And when we start winning, for those who are nervous about Dino leaving, I wouldn't be. He stockpiling some real talent.

As I said in a prior post, I can see depth becoming a real strength over the next 2-3 years.

Could be a smoke situation, could be a fire situation but Adams has been speculated as being a likely transfer from Oklahoma on Sooner message boards. Check out his twitter follow list. It's looking pretty Orange at the top.

Login on Twitter
I am a big Sooner fan. They are my team right after the Cuse. Out west here, I get to see most of their games. I have seen Adams very often.

Adams fell behind Anderson & Serman on the OU depth chart. Let me tell you those guys are terrific and so is Abdul.

Adams does not have the raw power of the other two, he will need the OLine to open up some holes, but if the OLine can do that, this kid will fly. He will definitely break some very long runs.

This is a terrific get for the Cuse. There will be all ACC potential here, if the Oline does it's job well enough.

I am a big Sooner fan. They are my team right after the Cuse. Out west here, I get to see most of their games. I have seen Adams very often.

Adams fell behind Anderson & Serman on the OU depth chart. Let me tell you those guys are terrific and so is Abdul.

Adams does not have the raw power of the other two, he will need the OLine to open up some holes, but if the OLine can do that, this kid will fly. He will definitely break some very long runs.

This is a terrific get for the Cuse. There will be all ACC potential here, if the Oline does it's job well enough.

Agreed. He had a better average per carry than the other sooner backs. Some could claim it was not quite as good of competition when he was playing as the other backs mostly played against. But his per carry average in the games he did play looks to be the best of all the backs playing in those same games. Can't really count his 1 carry games after coming back from his ankle injury. I think this kid is an absolute steal. Still need at least one of Saludin and Howard. One dynamic back will help but is not enough especially when we won't have Adams next year. These young backs have a chance to come in, prove themselves, and claim a spot in the lineup.
upload_2018-1-23_12-58-2.png

I just have to say in general, it's very refreshing to see us land quality talent and proven talent like this. In the recent past, the high profile kids and transfers tended to be an "island of misfit toys" collection, most of which never step foot on campus due to academics or behavioral issues.

Now Babers and his staff have had a few of those as well, but the difference is that they've mitigated those losses with other quality prospects. Bouncing back from Sampson to Veterello is something that we just wouldn't have seen in prior years. It's a very promising development.

This kid is legit.
We got an ACC starting RB for next year.
I think you mean two years from now.

Question: Will this transfer scare off the RBs being recruited for the 2018 class? They would likely redshirt and then start play the same time as Adams.

Question: Will this transfer scare off the RBs being recruited for the 2018 class? They would likely redshirt and then start play the same time as Adams.

It's funny that this is a legitimate worry for our fanbase. Bama doesn't have this issue, nor Georgia, and in most years neither does Oklahoma. They are stacked with running backs so very few, if any get scared off.

Shouldn't be an issue. Every team needs several good backs. And I have a feeling if they are real good, which I think they are, they will not redshirt. Making line calls is difficult but I would guess they get eased in through out the year. Now if we get both Saludin and Howard maybe one of those two does red shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.