Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Dont forget about 4 star proven commodity Abdul Adams.

We’re backed up at the position and arguably 3 1/2 deep as it stands now in 2018/2019

Cullen, ifeatu, Coley, Stritz all have considerably impressive experience at Rb as well if worse comes to worse

Huge loss. Spin it anyway you want. Gotta take off the orange glasses.

history has shown that it may be a huge loss, but it wouldnt have been for at least 2 yrs.

Huge? He hasn’t even played a college game yet. It’s not good, but this stuff happens.

Well I'm in the camp that Strickland is not the answer at all. So it's Huge to me. I'll now have dreams that Howard can learn the playbook. Obviously some of you guys think that Strickland is fine. You don't tailgate with us.

Well I'm in the camp that Strickland is not the answer at all. So it's Huge to me. I'll now have dreams that Howard can learn the playbook. Obviously some of you guys think that Strickland is fine. You don't tailgate with us.
Go back and look at Stricks games last year before he was hurt, all good games besides FSU. The OLine was really clicking with him preinjury. Our OLine has been together for a long time and I can see Strick having a break out year.

It is a loss. But I don't think we can know how huge it is, unless the kid goes and plays elsewhere and blows it up. He just as likely may have been a career back up. We just don't know at this point
Eh, ...any loss could potentially be problematic, especially from a depth perspective, but un less something unforseen occurs, Adbul Adams is your starter next year until he's no longer here.

I'm not predicting Strickland to be a 1,000 yard rusher next year, but I could see him rushing for 700 plus. Add in Moe with 500-600 and Dixon's loss in 2018 isn't that significant, in my opinion.

Strick is solid. He gives great effort, holds onto the ball, understands his assignments, is an adequate blocker. What he isn't is a great runner. He lacks vision, power and speed. Strick wont hurt us but he is never going to carry us.

Obviously you don’t post here much

I don’t think he’s 100% the problem and a freshman will come in and solve all our issues either

Strick is solid. He gives great effort, holds onto the ball, understands his assignments, is an adequate blocker. What he isn't is a great runner. He lacks vision, power and speed. Strick wont hurt us but he is never going to carry us.
Well said.

I don’t think he’s 100% the problem and a freshman will come in and solve all our issues either
I think Moe takes off this year. Kinda what they have been waiting for.

LOL. I totally disagree. And I don't post here a lot. But I know when a running back can't see a correct cut.

LOL. I totally disagree. And I don't post here a lot. But I know when a running back can't see a correct cut.

Did you see where I complimented his cutting ability? I’ve thought that he should have been moved to safety two years ago. But I don’t think it’s fair to put it all on him. The OL was not operating well in the run game until the end of last year.

I think Dixon is a loss. Just not a huge one. ( Compared to Shafers classes, down 1 is a miracle)

Agree...though I'd add he has very good pass catching ability for a RB which I'd like to see more often.

As for Akeem. I hope the best for him in wherever or whatever he decides to do. Hopefully if things go as planned he would have redshirted anyways but the depth would have been nice to have...hope SU doesn't get to where he will be missed in 2018 because of injuries. If that's the case, put ED at HB and TD behind center and have some fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom