Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

And if Jawhar passes...possibly a hint in his thread.

Just rewatched his highlights and I can just imagine him and Jarveon as a combo in the backfield splitting snaps. 3rd and shorts or on the 2 yard line bring in Dixon after jarveon wears out the defense the whole drive and they are on their heels then this wrecking ball plows through. It’s exciting to see our coaches recruit the type of players that we have been lacking for the past 15 years.

Just rewatched his highlights and I can just imagine him and Jarveon as a combo in the backfield splitting snaps. 3rd and shorts or on the 2 yard line bring in Dixon after jarveon wears out the defense the whole drive and they are on their heels then this wrecking ball plows through. It’s exciting to see our coaches recruit the type of players that we have been lacking for the past 15 years.
Agreed. I also think that Markensy comes into his own this year

Agreed. I also think that Markensy comes into his own this year
Agreed, I believe my vision of the two headed monster (Jarveon and Akeem) will happen in 2019 or 2020 realistically! With Tommy D at QB... dare I say we have the making of a very dynamic offense? Because it seems that’s going be the direction we are going based on this recruiting trend! Oh and we also will have this Oklahoma transfer in the mix too... RB will not be the weakness any more

Agreed, I believe my vision of the two headed monster (Jarveon and Akeem) will happen in 2019 or 2020 realistically! With Tommy D at QB... dare I say we have the making of a very dynamic offense? Because it seems that’s going be the direction we are going based on this recruiting trend! Oh and we also will have this Oklahoma transfer in the mix too... RB will not be the weakness any more
And if TD doesn't work out for some crazy reason,, you can go with Chance Amie and really make it exciting.

Not to be a bit of a skeptic (he lied), but didn't we just hire an OL coach best-known for his pass blocking techniques? Will these runners flourish in our system?

What can I say? I'm a pessimist.

Not to be a bit of a skeptic (he lied), but didn't we just hire an OL coach best-known for his pass blocking techniques? Will these runners flourish in our system?

What can I say? I'm a pessimist.

In most of our plays (esp RPO) they pass block no matter run or pass. There was an interesting article about how Baylor under Briles recruited giant guys who are basically pass blocking walls - and then run out of it. Spread teams with big hard to tackle RB don’t need exotic runblocking schemes.

Strick and Moe are not ideal backs for what we want to do. We’re missing this exact type of runner.

If anybody can, it's a dude that averaged 9 yards a carry at Oklahoma.
Who will have zero effect on next year's production.

The running game (i.e. the OL) needs to improve dramatically for this offense to be more effective and score more points. Otherwise, we're looking at another bowl-less season.

The running game (i.e. the OL) needs to improve dramatically for this offense to be more effective and score more points. Otherwise, we're looking at another bowl-less season.
I think we have decent pieces. We were calling an uncomfortable amount of first half runs up the middle all year though. We were relying on a young O line to carve out space against nfl defensive lines that werent short on breath.

Miami, Clemson, Lsu, FSU, NC st, Bc, FSU.

All defensive units with nfl calibre players on the line and at the lb.

Hope we see some more runs to the outside this year.

For next season I'm putting my chips in on Strickland being a better player than he showed last season and Moe continuing to develop. And the line improving.

Year after, the line should continue to improve, and it's best man* wins at running back.

*Adams

I think we have decent pieces. We were calling an uncomfortable amount of first half runs up the middle all year though. We were relying on a young O line to carve out space against nfl defensive lines that weren't short on breath.

While I agree with you, on execution... It needs to be established(different discussion). Dixon is part of that equation. Howard, currently has the strength edge, Dixon has the frame. Execution needs to be improved, between the tackles. Success here, improves the pass game. Never give up on the middle. I think Dixon's commitment was accepted, early on, for that reason. ;-)

that-boy-good.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom