Liberty
Massachusetts
Miami (OH)
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Toledo
USF
Western Michigan

If you are wondering if this guy is another import from Canada, the answer is yes.

If you are wondering if this guy is another import from Canada, the answer is yes.

OFFERED> ANTWAN RAYMOND CLEARWATER ACADEMY INT'L HS, CLEARWATER, FL 2025
#8 RB 5' 11' 200 / 1884 YDS RUSH/ 94 YDS REC/ 22 TDS/ 40 N/A EST 4.4 HIGH
download (23).jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

GREAT BALANCE
AMAZING JUKES / FAKES
VERY ELUSIVE
BREAKS ANKLES
AT FULL SPED LOS
ONCE PAST LOS OUT RUNS OUT FAKES D

GREAT OFFER

Last edited:

Antwan Raymond learned at the same time as everyone else that the Clearwater Academy football program in Florida was closing. The Quebec ball carrier is now looking for a place to play next season. But one thing is certain, it will be in the United States.
https://twitter.com/bulletinsportif/status/1756128426866430436/photo/1
I think Syracuse CBA should fill the void and become the new ‘go to’ school for legit BCS Football prospects from Canada to transfer to in the US in hopes of getting big time offers.

The big schools are well aware of the program, which is one of the best in the Northeast US. They play a good schedule and seem to play in the state final just about every season.

And they already have a long standing tradition of recruiting CNY actively, trying hard to steal every good prospect from all the other programs in the area. Why not openly embrace their football factory identify and hit Canada hard?

The new unofficial name for the school?

Canadian Boardinghouse Academy.

Let’s do this!

I believe the the school Raymond played for in Florida also has a kid on the O-line from Canada and is really good and he will have to find a school also. I wll have to find out his name.

I think Syracuse CBA should fill the void and become the new ‘go to’ school for legit BCS Football prospects from Canada to transfer to in the US in hopes of getting big time offers.

The big schools are well aware of the program, which is one of the best in the Northeast US. They play a good schedule and seem to play in the state final just about every season.

And they already have a long standing tradition of recruiting CNY actively, trying hard to steal every good prospect from all the other programs in the area. Why not openly embrace their football factory identify and hit Canada hard?

The new unofficial name for the school?

Canadian Boardinghouse Academy.

Let’s do this!
I got attacked on this board a few years ago for suggesting something similar regarding prep school pipeline for Canadian football kids.

Milford academy is also right down the road... some...not all kids there are academic non-qualifiers. I wonder if Fran would consider "placing" a few kids there?? I assume he is aware of the school and what it offers??? They also play a schedule much harder than CBA. I think less NCAA eyes would look at Milford vs. a CBA/ Syracuse affiliation.

I got attacked on this board a few years ago for suggesting something similar regarding prep school pipeline for Canadian football kids.

Milford academy is also right down the road... some...not all kids there are academic non-qualifiers. I wonder if Fran would consider "placing" a few kids there?? I assume he is aware of the school and what it offers??? They also play a schedule much harder than CBA. I think less NCAA eyes would look at Milford vs. a CBA/ Syracuse affiliation.
Milford as a Prep feeder school and Nassau CC as a JUCO feeder school - they were both strategies used during the GRob / Marrone eras (GRob Milford only, Marrone both). I thought they made a lot of sense then and I still think they make a lot of sense if it gives us opportunities to land 4-5 star type targets that need some more work in the classroom. Plus they have kids coming in that are late bloomers etc that having that regular relationship will help to recruit as well. You don't have to pull kids from those schools every year but if you get a starter every 1-3 years out of it I think it's worth it.

I think the shortcomings in recruiting of Dino's staff led to people forming opinions about what was worthwhile and what wasn't. Recruiting NYC and Canada heavily ever year for 2-3 high level prospects that we were going to miss out on anyway didn't make a ton of sense. That game has changed now. If you look back in time over the past 20 years, most of the developmental prospects we took from Canada didn't work out. Berg and Cantin Arku are probably the two I can think of off hand that were difference makers, but they were also top 5 kids in Canada in their class. But there were a lot of misses with guys that weren't as high profile as them, which is typically where Dino and his predecessors played as far as prospects.

Only thing is Quebec residents can attend a CGEP tuition free. That's why a lot of these kids come to the states for HS not Prep/JUCO.

Only thing is Quebec residents can attend a CGEP tuition free. That's why a lot of these kids come to the states for HS not Prep/JUCO.

Not sure how to get this bold off...lol​

I had to look up CGEP. I guess prep school in my terms was referring to undergraduate as well as post grad. I'm not sure if Milford accepts both??? I was just hoping Coach would consider using this avenue for possible recruits.

My original post was intended to point towards comparing Milford to Syracuse CBA for A. Raymond.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After high school, you can go to CEGEP to earn a diploma of collegial studies (also known as a “DEC”).

If you’re studying full time, public CEGEPs are free. However, you still have to pay these fees:

• application fees
  • registration fees to cover the cost of course transcripts, placement tests and course cancellations
  • educational support fees, which cover the cost of student ID cards, orientation and academic advising
  • other fees charged by some CEGEPs, including fees for social, cultural and sporting activities, health services and group insurance
Important! Some CEGEPs are private, so they charge additional fees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure how to get this bold off...lol​

I had to look up CGEP. I guess prep school in my terms was referring to undergraduate as well as post grad. I'm not sure if Milford accepts both??? I was just hoping Coach would consider using this avenue for possible recruits.

My original post was intended to point towards comparing Milford to Syracuse CBA for A. Raymond.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After high school, you can go to CEGEP to earn a diploma of collegial studies (also known as a “DEC”).

If you’re studying full time, public CEGEPs are free. However, you still have to pay these fees:

• application fees
  • registration fees to cover the cost of course transcripts, placement tests and course cancellations
  • educational support fees, which cover the cost of student ID cards, orientation and academic advising
  • other fees charged by some CEGEPs, including fees for social, cultural and sporting activities, health services and group insurance
Important! Some CEGEPs are private, so they charge additional fees

Any additional fees are minimal.

Any additional fees are minimal.
There are a few options. The US has free public education. A person would likely have to establish residency 1st. Or maybe just claim he's an illegal immigrant and see what options he's given??? Then there are private schools that offer need-based scholarships...like we need a running back for the Fb team...lol CBA might have a need based scholarship program. Some Catholic schools do. Or, as you point out, he could go back to Canada. I assume this option would afford him lesser competition than the type he sought out in Florida.

I'm not trying to stir a debate. Again, I was only trying to weigh CBA vs, Milford as options. CBA is very good compared to their NYS competition. I just wonder how they'd measure up with Milford??

There are a few options. The US has free public education. A person would likely have to establish residency 1st. Or maybe just claim he's an illegal immigrant and see what options he's given??? Then there are private schools that offer need-based scholarships...like we need a running back for the Fb team...lol CBA might have a need based scholarship program. Some Catholic schools do. Or, as you point out, he could go back to Canada. I assume this option would afford him lesser competition than the type he sought out in Florida.

I'm not trying to stir a debate. Again, I was only trying to weigh CBA vs, Milford as options. CBA is very good compared to their NYS competition. I just wonder how they'd measure up with Milford??
In this case he is a 2025 so he is probably going to look for another HS in the states where he can compete this year.
I doubt he would go back to Canada to finish off high school.

In this case he is a 2025 so he is probably going to look for another HS in the states where he can compete this year.
I doubt he would go back to Canada to finish off high school.
Agreed. I know nothing about his situation or intent. I only mentioned it because you indicated it could be free for him.

Ok I have been told that emoji counts do not necessarily equate to actual verbal counts, so I shall watch and see here.

Cusefan69 to himself. Sweet! 5 more recruits! Jackpot! Maybe it's just one more added to the total. Sweet! One more new recruit!

Ok I have been told that emoji counts do not necessarily equate to actual verbal counts, so I shall watch and see here.

Cusefan69 to himself. Sweet! 5 more recruits! Jackpot! Maybe it's just one more added to the total. Sweet! One more new recruit!
while # of emojis should not be used to determine # of recruits, when there's an 'X' involved, please begin making assumptions and hyperventilating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom