Class of 2017 - RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA

I love BJ's film (the little I've seen). He reminds me of Gus Edwards - a big back who can make people miss & run through tackles.

Such a shame Gus flipped since he was ultimately recruited over down in Miami and is now relegated to a blocking back. In retrospect it was a lose/lose decision.
Yup. In retrospect, he is the exact type of back we need for the Syracuse scheme. What a shame he didn't end up here.

BJ's commitment has disappeared from the Skowt list. Please talk me down...

He's a high school kid who may or may not play football at Syracuse ... Do you really need more "talking down" than that?

Last edited:
that would suck. to me he looks like a better back than Pierre.
Pierre looks like he will be a very good back. Don't get why some are down on him. Think he's gonna shock you guys.

that would suck. to me he looks like a better back than Pierre.

Come on you know how to post better comments than this...you are a much better poster than this. Embarrassing post for you...both are going to be much needed and great additions to our team.

Come on you know how to post better comments than this...you are a much better poster than this. Embarrassing post for you...both are going to be much needed and great additions to our team.

It’s just an opinion, I don’t have to always drink the kool aide. I never said anything negative about him nor would I. But it’s ok to point out some of the negatives. Pierre has no P5 offers.

I hope he’s the next great one and I’ll cheer for him, but it doesn’t wow me. Pierre looks like he might make a good LB.

I don’t agree with taking 3 backs. Move Stritz and I still don’t agree with taking both of these backs. I think there are other pressing needs and I also think there are better backs to be had. Of course I defer to the staff, but from my fan view I disagree a little. In a side by side, I prefer Daniels.

It’s just an opinion, I don’t have to always drink the kool aide. I never said anything negative about him nor would I. But it’s ok to point out some of the negatives. Pierre has no P5 offers.

I hope he’s the next great one and I’ll cheer for him, but it doesn’t wow me. Pierre looks like he might make a good LB.

I don’t agree with taking 3 backs. Move Stritz and I still don’t agree with taking both of these backs. I think there are other pressing needs and I also think there are better backs to be had. Of course I defer to the staff, but from my fan view I disagree a little. In a side by side, I prefer Daniels.
I'm just wondering: What are the other pressing needs? TE? They have one committed and are on a couple more.
DE looks okay with young ones playing now, 2 committed, and more recruited.

Maybe secondary?

I wouldn't dismiss him because of lack of offers. His tape looks really good. Dungey had no P5's either

I agree with taking 2 backs. however , i do like stritzinger as a rb for us. my first impression of him was robert Smith in terms of style. think the kid has a great combo of speed , feet, and toughness . his commitment was premised on the opportunity to play rb. thus , i hope we honor that. think he is a special one.

Nobody knows who will be any good at this point, never understood all the hand wringing. I see what phat is saying that the one backs list is underwhelming, doesn't feel like a huge win but who knows kid might be best back in some time, but Strickland was much higher recruited out of high school, a kid that we think should be replaced... it's always the unknown that people fall in love with.

George Morris was suppose to be a game changer as well.

Nobody knows who will be any good at this point, never understood all the hand wringing. I see what phat is saying that the one backs list is underwhelming, doesn't feel like a huge win but who knows kid might be best back in some time, but Strickland was much higher recruited out of high school, a kid that we think should be replaced... it's always the unknown that people fall in love with.

George Morris was suppose to be a game changer as well.
I think the previous rb coach messed Morris up a little.

Why do you say that?
Just had heard some things that suggested some of his coaching methods were a little questionable and some of our players were able to take the good and tune out the bad, but other players had a difficult time with it.

I'm just wondering: What are the other pressing needs? TE? They have one committed and are on a couple more.
DE looks okay with young ones playing now, 2 committed, and more recruited.

Maybe secondary?

I wouldn't dismiss him because of lack of offers. His tape looks really good. Dungey had no P5's either

I just like the fact our RB coach is recruiting RBs. I also trust and have a lot of faith in Mike Hart in all of this...

I don't think the previous staff played GM to his max potential, by not playing him enough. jmo

Don't hold your breath on Daniels guys. He plays in my neck of the woods. Nice athlete, def High D1.

All sorts of red flags though
1) 3 high schools in 3 years (I'm sure Mike Hart knows why)
2) not allowed to play his junior year
3) I heard today he has grade issues and needs a really high SAT to qualify
4) all the other schools that offered last year (WVU, Maryland) have backed off. We were his only Commitable offer.

I'm all for second chances and I hope he gets his act together.

However, I'm sceptical it will work out. I predict JUCO if anywhere at all.

Florange44

Don't hold your breath on Daniels guys. He plays in my neck of the woods. Nice athlete, def High D1.

4) all the other schools that offered last year (WVU, Maryland) have backed off. We were his only Commitable offer.

Florange44

I'll try and come up with a rational reason for a few of your points...

1) Players in Florida seem to transfer schools constantly. The fact that he transferred doesn't seem out of the norm for down there. I see where he was at Melbourne HS his Freshan and Sophomore years then at Palm Bay in Melbourne his senior year.
2) Not uncommon for kids that transfer in Florida not to be allowed to play for a year.
3) I have heard nothing on his grades so I can't respond to this.
4) Again not unusual for schools to back off once a kid has committed to another school. That doesn't mean SU was his only commitable offer.

Florange44

Is this based on inside information or pure speculation?

I'll try and come up with a rational reason for a few of your points...

1) Players in Florida seem to transfer schools constantly. The fact that he transferred doesn't seem out of the norm for down there. I see where he was at Melbourne HS his Freshan and Sophomore years then at Palm Bay in Melbourne his senior year.
2) Not uncommon for kids that transfer in Florida not to be allowed to play for a year.
3) I have heard nothing on his grades so I can't respond to this.
4) Again not unusual for schools to back off once a kid has committed to another school. That doesn't mean SU was his only commitable offer.

With all due respect Cuse legacy, your rational reasons are possible but not what happened in this case. He "transferred" for a real reason and it wasn't his choice. He couldn't play his junior year for a good reason and it had nothing to do with transferring. This is fact.

The kid has serious issues , hopefully he changes his MO and gets things right. I am not optimistic at all that he will make it to Cuse.

Florange44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom