Class of 2020 - RB Blake Corum (MD) Verbal to Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Blake Corum (MD) Verbal to Michigan

2020 Florida RB/DB Don Chaney Offered by Syracuse University
Submitted by Alan Popadines on Mon, 2016-05-23 09:29
Syracuse University has offered a scholarship to 8th grade (class of 2020) running back/defensive back, Don Chaney. The news was first reported by At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.

Chaney is a 5’11, 170 pound athlete that attended Belen Jesuit Prep in Miami, Florida. Last week he was named the Belen Jesuit middle school athlete of the year.

His offer is just the latest in an increasing trend of pre-high school athletes earning scholarship offers. Before Chaney’s offer, Virginia 8th grader Blake Corum picked up his second and third scholarship offers from Toledo and Rutgers Univeristy.

He's a great young man he and his family are special people. I had the pleasure of coaching Blake when he was a 6th grader playing up on my 7th grade unlimited team in AYF. He is from (and still lives in) Fauquier County. His dad drives him to and from school in Maryland everyday. They are on the road around 4 am and get home around 9pm.
Ever since he was in pee wee you knew he was special, his talents have always stood out. He works out harder than any other player I have been around. If Syracuse is able to get him he would be a starter from day 1 at Safety/Linebacker/or Running Back. On a side note he might not be the best athlete in the family his younger sister is a tremendous softball player.

He has since transferred to St Francis and should get the bulk of the carries for them his senior
52384660_1080167888842777_3795166203782103040_o.jpg
year

He's a great young man he and his family are special people. I had the pleasure of coaching Blake when he was a 6th grader playing up on my 7th grade unlimited team in AYF. He is from (and still lives in) Fauquier County. His dad drives him to and from school in Maryland everyday. They are on the road around 4 am and get home around 9pm.
Ever since he was in pee wee you knew he was special, his talents have always stood out. He works out harder than any other player I have been around. If Syracuse is able to get him he would be a starter from day 1 at Safety/Linebacker/or Running Back. On a side note he might not be the best athlete in the family his younger sister is a tremendous softball player.
Can you recruit? :)

Lets re-offer him to let him know we are in there with the big boys when they start offering...

I don't think he'd be a RB in college
Unfortunately it won't be us he picks, with that said you are spot on he will commit as an RB somewhere and they will move him to defense after his freshman year. He is a fantastic defensive player and young man. Wish him nothing but the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom