Class of 2019 - RB/CB Justin Menard (GA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB/CB Justin Menard (GA) Offered

Offers from App St, UNC Charlotte, ECU, Georgia St, UMD, UMass, Mercer, Mizzou, Rutgers, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, UTSA, UCF, WVU, Liberty, Syracuse

He and Reynolds are still following each other.

I'd guess if they went after him they'd bring him in as a CB. He did play 4 games true freshman year as a Corner and then 4 games sophomore year as a WR.

No stats after 10/19/20. Wonder what the story is.

This mid season quit your team and transfer thing is not my cup of tea
I understand what your saying but if the situation isn't working out for him and the coaches aren't giving him PT what is the harm? Can you blame the kid for doing what is best for him and look into getting into the right situation as soon as possible.

I understand what your saying but if the situation isn't working out for him and the coaches aren't giving him PT what is the harm? Can you blame the kid for doing what is best for him and look into getting into the right situation as soon as possible.
Everything isn 't me, me, me. Being part of a team and supporting team goals should mean some thing. In many cases today it doesn't. One of the reasons for Saban's success at Alabama is that he gets his young men to buy into the team concept.

Everything isn 't me, me, me. Being part of a team and supporting team goals should mean some thing. In many cases today it doesn't. One of the reasons for Saban's success at Alabama is that he gets his young men to buy into the team concept.
Nah, Saban's success comes from him having the most talent across the board. Alabama had 8 guys enter the transfer portal last year that saw the writing on the wall. He doesn't care because he knows the guys that stay are the best of the bunch.

I completely agree that it shouldn't be all about the player. Its a team game and all and you want players to be all for the team. But we don't know the situation and at some point it could be better for the player and the team to just move on. Maybe him leaving a bit earlier helps the kids situation work out better. He's a 2019 kid so its not like he just got there. How much is it going to hurt the team?...we really don't know. Every situation is a bit unique i'd say. You can't just generalize all as the same.

Nah, Saban's success comes from him having the most talent across the board. Alabama had 8 guys enter the transfer portal last year that saw the writing on the wall. He doesn't care because he knows the guys that stay are the best of the bunch.
In 2019 Alabama had Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Riggs on the roster. All four of them played wide receiver and were NFL first round draft picks. There certainly aren't enough throws to go around to keep four top end talents happy unless they but into the team concept. Saba gets too talent and knows how to keep them on board most of the time. Heck 8 guys in the portal in today's world is virtual roster stability. How many guys entered the portal out of SU last year? Without looking I'll bet it was way more then Bama had.

In 2019 Alabama had Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Riggs on the roster. All four of them played wide receiver and were NFL first round draft picks. There certainly aren't enough throws to go around to keep four top end talents happy unless they but into the team concept. Saba gets too talent and knows how to keep them on board most of the time. Heck 8 guys in the portal in today's world is virtual roster stability. How many guys entered the portal out of SU last year? Without looking I'll bet it was way more then Bama had.
Actually my info was wrong, Alabama had 11 transfer out, the same number as Syracuse. Next time try looking.

Saban gets top talent that then pushes other talent out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom