RB Coach Mike Hart Press Conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RB Coach Mike Hart Press Conference

Wow, Coach Babers has given him a huge area of crucial importance to the program to recruit. That much territory has traditionally been covered by 3 or 4 assistants.

And it is an area he has never recruited before.

Hope we are able to give him some help with someone with experience recruiting the Northeast sometime soon.

Wow, Coach Babers has given him a huge area of crucial importance to the program to recruit. That much territory has traditionally been covered by 3 or 4 assistants.

And it is an area he has never recruited before.

Hope we are able to give him some help with someone with experience recruiting the Northeast sometime soon.
I'm sure all the coaches are helping, not just him.

I'm sure all the coaches are helping, not just him.
Yes no doubt. Reno Ferri absolutely is helping/working the DMV, while we know its all hands on deck in NJ. Lewis and Lynch have both been there recently. I assume its the same in all areas. Mike definitely has some clout working CNY and WNY however.

Doesn't matter. Throw the dog a bone to keep it away from your steak. It's always better to control the narrative. PR 101.
Reporting 101 - Don't put up with PR smoke and mirrors. :)

LeMoyneCuse said:

Ha! Like they'd turn down a press conference and the 3-4 stories that came from it.

The two are always in a symbiotic relationship two each other. Syracuse should try to spoon feed the media as much as they can. And the reporters should try to find the best stories. Same as it ever was.

The difference, I think, will be that Babers is better with the media and the AD will be better at managing media things than doc was. T

LeMoyneCuse said:

Ha! Like they'd turn down a press conference and the 3-4 stories that came from it. The two are always in a symbiotic relationship to each other. Syracuse should try to spoon feed the media as much as they can. And the reporters should try to find the best stories. Same as it ever was. The difference, I think, will be that Babers is better with the media and the AD will be better at managing media things than doc was.

Ha! Like they'd turn down a press conference and the 3-4 stories that came from it. The two are always in a symbiotic relationship to each other. Syracuse should try to spoon feed the media as much as they can. And the reporters should try to find the best stories. Same as it ever was. The difference, I think, will be that Babers is better with the media and the AD will be better at managing media things than doc was.
As tightly controlled as access tends to be, they would never turn down a week of content.

And yeah, I hope Babers doesn't have the thin skin that Shafer showed himself to have.

bnoro said:
I own that shirt, very comfortable and good for golf.
It looks good on you though.

image-2785048933.jpg

LeMoyneCuse said:
As tightly controlled as access tends to be, they would never turn down a week of content. And yeah, I hope Babers doesn't have the thin skin that Shafer showed himself to have.

Eh - the media had some ugly moments during the Shafer era too. There's a reason the relationship between the two is in need of repair. Both sides own that.

If Babers has thin skin OR they act like idiots - you'll see him demolish those guys with wit and class.

Eh - the media had some ugly moments during the Shafer era too. There's a reason the relationship between the two is in need of repair. Both sides own that.

If Babers has thin skin OR they act like idiots - you'll see him demolish those guys with wit and class.
I guess I don't understand your point of view. I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right- I just don't understand it.

I want to see a million-dollar coach brought down to size, not some 24 year-old making maybe $30,000 a year. I want to read good things about Syracuse football as much as anyone, but I want the team to make headlines without corruption or shadiness or Title IX violations. And if bad stuff happens, I want the paper to dig it up.

And if the team sucks, I don't want the reporters to call a spade a club and pretend everything is great because we as Syracuse fans want the team to be great.

And if Syracuse PR wants to steal a march on the PS, they should consider getting into the 21st Century and work with marketing to flood us with content about players, coaches, events, practices, etc. instead of the cheap stuff that they half-heartedly put up for half of spring practice. Or at least give more access than a Mike Hart presser a month after football is out of everyone's minds.

LeMoyneCuse said:
I guess I don't understand your point of view. I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right- I just don't understand it. I want to see a million-dollar coach brought down to size, not some 24 year-old making maybe $30,000 a year. I want to read good things about Syracuse football as much as anyone, but I want the team to make headlines without corruption or shadiness or Title IX violations. And if bad stuff happens, I want the paper to dig it up. And if the team sucks, I don't want the reporters to call a spade a club and pretend everything is great because we as Syracuse fans want the team to be great. And if Syracuse PR wants to steal a march on the PS, they should consider getting into the 21st Century and work with marketing to flood us with content about players, coaches, events, practices, etc. instead of the cheap stuff that they half-heartedly put up for half of spring practice. Or at least give more access than a Mike Hart presser a month after football is out of everyone's minds.

1. What they make is completely irrelevant to me. One side represents the team I root for. The other side represents the need to get clicks, a business modern model that eats away at the ideals of journalism.

2. As a fan I want the team covered fairly. I want compelling stories and insight I can't get here.

3. I'm with you on the media holding the school accountable for its mistakes. But there is a fine line between that and milking negativity for clicks.

4. I'd question why on earth you'd want a coach brought down to size. What's gained?

I'm actually looking for the in depth description of what type of khaki cargo shorts and camo bucket hats the coaching staff is wearing at practice.

When you have an opportunity for random, good PR, you take it. Or maybe it's doing solid to a local boy who can be proud in front of his hometown. Slows news day stuff...

I assumed that they probably got a bunch of press requests for Hart, probably because of the whole hometown boy makes good angle, and they just decided to have a press conference to save on time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom