Class of 2020 - RB Devin Flowers (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE 3/16/2020 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Devin Flowers (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE 3/16/2020

It doesn't look like he ever played LB. Doesn't make sense to move him at all.

Embedded tweet in the OP does say RB/LB

Why is he only a PWO? Not good enough for scholarship? Haven't done any research on the kid at all.
Yes, I don't understand why no scholarship offers, is it academics?

Umm...seems like an awesome kid. But the reason he didn’t receive any football scholarship offers is because he is...slow. Surprised that didn’t immediately pop out to folks on tape. He’s been starting since he was a freshman because he’s always had the size and smarts, which is how he has accumulated so many yards. But tight ends Aaron Hackett and Luke Benson are no question faster than Devin, and Chris Elmore may be similar. Only thing I could think of is maybe they are hoping he becomes a poor man’s Chris Elmore, knowing Chris is leaving, and this won’t cost them a scholarship. Really surprised he is not playing baseball in-state tho...

ahh thank you I read that article and was trying to figure out what an exchange scholarship is. So he can be PWO because he gets a full ride anyway? That’s kinda cool!

Agreed -- we get a scholarship caliber player without having to use one of the 85. Great pickup.

Umm...seems like an awesome kid. But the reason he didn’t receive any football scholarship offers is because he is...slow. Surprised that didn’t immediately pop out to folks on tape. He’s been starting since he was a freshman because he’s always had the size and smarts, which is how he has accumulated so many yards. But tight ends Aaron Hackett and Luke Benson are no question faster than Devin, and Chris Elmore may be similar. Only thing I could think of is maybe they are hoping he becomes a poor man’s Chris Elmore, knowing Chris is leaving, and this won’t cost them a scholarship. Really surprised he is not playing baseball in-state tho...

I think everyone recognizes that he isn't fast, but he also isn't... slow.

Not being a burner didn't slow down a starting back like David Walker, who was also... slow.

Yeah we see he doesnt run by people but there are plenty of productive backs that are not burners. A kid runs for that many yards is doing something right. Im just surprised he doesnt at least have FCS offers.

To be fair to the kid Benson is faster than most people at any position. Kid just has wheels for a TE. I have no idea what kind of times Flowers runs but the staff saw something to work with and the numbers he put up against Class 5 competition is impressive.

To be fair to the kid Benson is faster than most people at any position. Kid just has wheels for a TE. I have no idea what kind of times Flowers runs but the staff saw something to work with and the numbers he put up against Class 5 competition is impressive.
Totally agree about Benson...the kid can fly. If Flowers had his speed he'd probably be a 3-4* recruit.

Totally agree about Benson...the kid can fly. If Flowers had his speed he'd probably be a 3-4* recruit.
Not speedy but runs with power, balance, and is a difficult tackle. Old time full back type. He also played middle LB on some of the tape. We can find a place for this kid.

It doesn't look like he ever played LB. Doesn't make sense to move him at all.

He's lined up at LB a half dozen times in the tape. The best look is at the 4:15 mark.

There's a few clips at the end he looks really really big (running the ball and playing LB) my first thought was he reminds me of Kenneth Ruff. I'll be curious to see what they do with him. I think he can get on the field but I'm not sure it'll be as a RB.

He's lined up at LB a half dozen times in the tape. The best look is at the 4:15 mark.

There's a few clips at the end he looks really really big (running the ball and playing LB) my first thought was he reminds me of Kenneth Ruff. I'll be curious to see what they do with him. I think he can get on the field but I'm not sure it'll be as a RB.
He has an INT pick-6 from the first clip of him at LB.

I'm not sure about the competition he was playing against, but several defenders shied away from making contact with him throughout the tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom