Class of 2020 - RB Devin Flowers (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE 3/16/2020 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Devin Flowers (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE 3/16/2020

"Coach Camp continued,” As a player you see this 230 pound monster lined up and then when he gets the ball, he’s actually very athletic and has really good vision for a kid his size. In a lot of ways, he’s a throwback to old school football but you watch his film and he’s got a great jump cut in the hole and is actually pretty elusive for his size. He doesn’t just look to run over people. That’s a bonus for him. As a person he is as humble a kid as you will find. His mom and dad have done a great job in keeping him grounded and focused on both football and academics.”
When asked about his relationships with both Coach Jones and Coach Camp, Flowers stated, “I have a great relationship with both of them. I’ve always respected Coach Jones and Coach camp because I could always tell they really cared about their players. They want to develop you not only as a football player but an all-around good person.”
Currently, Devin does not hold any official scholarship offers, but has received a considerable amount of interest from Syracuse, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a former Division I athlete, Coach Jones believes Flowers has what it takes to make it at the next level. “Devin’s determination to not go down when running the ball is what stands out the most. He wants to get as many yards as he possibly can on every play. He’s been able to be so successful in his career because he does not allow one person to bring him down.”

I assume Devin is another PWO. With his size, wearing #2, he is going to get compared to AJ Dillon a lot. Not sure he is quite as fast or big as AJ but he is a load and very quick for his size.

Really looks like the staff has targeted big RBs that can run and make tackles in this class. Teams are afraid of our passing attack and often played with extra DBs, not taking our ability to run the ball seriously. Hopefully one of these big guys shows he can make defenses pay for playing light against us.

It has been a missing piece from the offense for a long time. We have to get it addressed. Guys like Devin can get it done.

I assume Devin is another PWO. With his size, wearing #2, he is going to get compared to AJ Dillon a lot. Not sure he is quite as fast or big as AJ but he is a load and very quick for his size.

Really looks like the staff has targeted big RBs that can run and make tackles in this class. Teams are afraid of our passing attack and often played with extra DBs, not taking our ability to run the ball seriously. Hopefully one of these big guys shows he can make defenses pay for playing light against us.

It has been a missing piece from the offense for a long time. We have to get it addressed. Guys like Devin can get it done.
PWO is my guess also. I'll change the thread title.

Why is he only a PWO? Not good enough for scholarship? Haven't done any research on the kid at all.

Interesting prospect- maybe not quite enough initial burst for a scholarship?

Watching his video, I heard Chris Bierman saying,”he’s rumbling...

Why is he only a PWO? Not good enough for scholarship? Haven't done any research on the kid at all.
Probably a PWO as he had no offers. And bringing in PWOs is a great way to build depth without using a scholarship.

Based on that video, Devin Flowers might be the best PWO prospect in SU football. If he is in fact a PWO . . .

Devin, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!

GoOrangefootballTINNI0QQNhAM.gif

isnt this the area that the coach we just hired was supposed to have contacts in? How does a kid rush for 5000 yds and no offers in that area of the country?

Played against good competition here in Virginia too which makes his stats even more impressive. Definitely gotta be a reason for lack of offers but if he makes it to campus this could be a steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom