Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

Now that he is an alum, can Macky do that? Or is he technically not an Alum since he hasn't graduated?

Not that anybody will do anything about it of course...

Libero2 said:
Now that he is an alum, can Macky do that? Or is he technically not an Alum since he hasn't graduated?

Not an alum yet establishing the relationship/communication like this before he graduates should allow him to continue to tweet with Devine.

Mackey has future coach written all over him. Would not be surprised to see him back at SU as a GA if the Pros don't work out

Devine probably met Macky when he visited Syracuse. So they already have a relationship. It's just one kid tweeting another kid he knows.

BnooINnCMAA3fPC.jpg:large

Retweeted by Devine Ozigbo
EJ Holland‏@EJSports4 33m
Boston College has offered Sachse RB Devine Ozigbo (@DevineOzigbo22)
Good for Devine, but concerning for us. He's a good fit for their offense and Boston is his home. He also received an SMU offer that intrigued him. Family and friends get to see him play in Dallas. We're one of his top choices, but these newer offers are worrying me.

Good for Devine, but concerning for us. He's a good fit for their offense and Boston is his home. He also received an SMU offer that intrigued him. Family and friends get to see him play in Dallas. We're one of his top choices, but these newer offers are worrying me.
Not attacking you, but this is probably why the staff didn't want to put too much effort into recruiting Devine. It wasn't enough of a sure thing, and that's a lot of travel and work to get him up to SU. They figured it would be easier to just work with prospects in the area and commit their resources there.

There might not be a scholarship much longer if Dontae Strickland liked his visit this weekend as much as it seems.

Not attacking you, but this is probably why the staff didn't want to put too much effort into recruiting Devine. It wasn't enough of a sure thing, and that's a lot of travel and work to get him up to SU. They figured it would be easier to just work with prospects in the area and commit their resources there.

There might not be a scholarship much longer if Dontae Strickland liked his visit this weekend as much as it seems.
I don't believe that. If you can get Devine you get him. If we sign 5 running backs its a position with versatility as far as becoming DBS, LBs Safety's WRs so I don't think signing another RB should deter us or Devine.

bnoro I think that Northern schools recruiting Texas is trending this year. Syracuse just offered two more Texas kids last week. Petrino just offered ten kids at one Texas school in one day last week. You see Wisconsin, Minnie, BC , ND, etc all down in Texas recruiting. These programs are going everywhere to recruit talent... it's no different than Bama recruiting PA or NYC.

bnoro I think that Northern schools recruiting Texas is trending this year. Syracuse just offered two more Texas kids last week. Petrino just offered ten kids at one Texas school in one day last week. You see Wisconsin, Minnie, BC , ND, etc all down in Texas recruiting. These programs are going everywhere to recruit talent... it's no different than Bama recruiting PA or NYC.
Bama has the recruiting budget and the panache to do something like that. We do not. I'm fine with recruiting Texas, but this board was up in arms that Devine wasn't getting an offer because they all thought he was going to commit on the spot. That was never going to happen and the staff has to put in a lot of time and air miles if they want to land him, but why bother when we have kids that are closer and easier to get on campus and visit their homes?

(This is in no way a comment on Devine's talent or playing style)

Bama has the recruiting budget and the panache to do something like that. We do not. I'm fine with recruiting Texas, but this board was up in arms that Devine wasn't getting an offer because they all thought he was going to commit on the spot. That was never going to happen and the staff has to put in a lot of time and air miles if they want to land him, but why bother when we have kids that are closer and easier to get on campus and visit their homes?

Because Devine is not the only kid they are recruiting in Texas? Don't you think that is almost like saying don't recruit Georgia or Florida?

I knew he wasn't going to commit on the spot, I don't think too many people hear did. The reason people were up in arms is because he has a strong connection to SU. Dallas Orange's son is one of his best friends and the kid made an unofficial visit to Syracuse on his own last year. We have thrown our name in the hat so most are content. The kid is getting a load of offers now so the situation has changed since last year.

Because Devine is not the only kid they are recruiting in Texas? Don't you think that is almost like saying don't recruit Georgia or Florida?
We have an already established pipeline to Georgia and Florida and our coaches have more connections there. Texas not so much. And I'm not saying stay out of there, I'm just saying to pick our battles. I hope it works out but I'm not holding my breath. We've been burned many times before.

We have an already established pipeline to Georgia and Florida and our coaches have more connections there. Texas not so much. And I'm not saying stay out of there, I'm just saying to pick our battles. I hope it works out but I'm not holding my breath. We've been burned many times before.

Plus we play there, which helps recruit. I'm with ya on Texas. Just a very hard place for a school like cuse to pull a recruit from. Especially if we have kids we like as much closer to home.

Getting a little tired of Illinois being in our grill this year.
If they get in our way thats the best place for them . Firmly ripped apart and stuck in our grill. Hose off the debris and restart the engines and move it up to 100mph. I've done it a few times on rte 380 up and back from games.Rye 380 is the best place in daylight hours to do that At night there is a horrific amount of deer.Not a problem in daylight hours. No radar guns there either.

Take a look at Devine's offer list. Add in the fact that he loves SU, wears our gear on game day, friends with DO's son, originally from the northeast and already shlepped up to campus for an unofficial. I don't care if he's from Mars, you go get him.

Because Devine is not the only kid they are recruiting in Texas?
Plus we play there, which helps recruit. I'm with ya on Texas. Just a very hard place for a school like cuse to pull a recruit from. Especially if we have kids we like as much closer to home.

But we don't play in Illinois, Missouri or Tennessee regularly either and the staff is recruiting all those areas. I'm not saying make Texas the major emphasis for recruiting but it never hurts to expand your territory. Plus all the prospects they are recruiting from Texas have some type of Syracuse connection.

you can't just move a running back to another position unless it fits his skill set.

But we don't play in Illinois, Missouri or Tennessee regularly either and the staff is recruiting all those areas. I'm not saying make Texas the major emphasis for recruiting but it never hurts to expand your territory. Plus all the prospects they are recruiting from Texas have some type of Syracuse connection.

The number of schools recruiting in Texas is far greater then the number of schools recruiting in Illinois, Missouri and Tennessee (probably combined).

I have no issues with expanding the territory either, but it is a very real issue for costs to travel there and be there long enough to build relationships/scout/meet families.

Obviously, you recruit players that are talented and are interested in talking to you. But, there is a reason there are so few offers out in a talent rich state like Texas.

Do I think those assets would be better served with more trips to Florida (or another area)? My honest answer is yes.

In essence this kid has been pre recruited for a long time by Dallas orange and family ( for the record I have known Dallas Orange since the 4th grade and he is as bleed orange as they get ) So the ground work had been done for the staff. Thats diiferent then approaching some kid in Texas tha probably barely heard of Syracuse football. As far as Phat's post goes I'm well aware that not every HS running back can be converted, but a lot are.