Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

We have an already established pipeline to Georgia and Florida and our coaches have more connections there. Texas not so much. And I'm not saying stay out of there, I'm just saying to pick our battles. I hope it works out but I'm not holding my breath. We've been burned many times before.
I agree you should pick your battles, but how on earth could a battle be more ripe for the picking than with a kid who pays his own way to visit campus, wears Syracuse gear under his uniform, and has said repeatedly that SU is the school he's been most hoping to hear from?

Just saying, picking battles is fine and dandy but this always felt like a battle we could have won early with a few quick strikes at the jump.

If they get in our way thats the best place for them . Firmly ripped apart and stuck in our grill. Hose off the debris and restart the engines and move it up to 100mph. I've done it a few times on rte 380 up and back from games.Rye 380 is the best place in daylight hours to do that At night there is a horrific amount of deer.Not a problem in daylight hours. No radar guns there either.

Holy Jeebus.

I agree you should pick your battles, but how on earth could a battle be more ripe for the picking than with a kid who pays his own way to visit campus, wears Syracuse gear under his uniform, and has said repeatedly that SU is the school he's been most hoping to hear from?

Just saying, picking battles is fine and dandy but this always felt like a battle we could have won early with a few quick strikes at the jump.
I know. Why is this in dispute? I mean I like what the staff is generally doing on the recruiting front, but this was a no brainer. I mean come on - one look at his video and I'm like - yes please.

If they get in our way thats the best place for them . Firmly ripped apart and stuck in our grill. Hose off the debris and restart the engines and move it up to 100mph. I've done it a few times on rte 380 up and back from games.Rye 380 is the best place in daylight hours to do that At night there is a horrific amount of deer.Not a problem in daylight hours. No radar guns there either.

This was terrifying.

BoJkovBIMAA4Lq2.jpg:large

Devine Ozigbo‏@DevineOzigbo22 10h
Hopefully will be able to release a top "something" in a couple weeks!

Devine's Senior year will be very interesting. Sachse will be moving up to the new 6A level in Texas. Most of their competition from last year will also be 6A, however. But they lose a true dual threat QB, and almost all of their receivers from last year. They had a potent passing game in 2013. However, they have Devine and Devin Duvernay (a potential 5* player) returning. Devine should get more carries with next year's team. Teams should be able to game plan to stop Devine and have few worries about an air attack. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Coach Nate ‏@DynastyPA 30m
#IowaState #Cyclones have just offered #Sachse RB of class 2015 @DevineOzigbo22 extending his amount to 21 offers. #Big12

ya i think we are all set at RB for the class. the staff not visiting during the eval period was probably a tell. ozigbo is a serious talent, and will surely be a great college rb, i wish him the best, and will follow his college career.

Devine Ozigbo‏@DevineOzigbo22 13m
I will be releasing a top 8 list later today!

Whichever schools he lists I hope he has a great career wherever he chooses to go.

S
y
r
a
c
u
s
e

That are his 8

Didn't make the cut.

Iowa
Wisconsin
Boise St.
BC
Kansas
Miss. St.
Iowa St.
Kansas St.

That's some kind of list. No "dream school" in SU and no major powerhouses, and a lot of middle of the pack squads who are trying to build something. Looking at the list, gotta think we could have been in play if we really wanted him.

Gotta assume after adding Strickland we are going to be done with RBs this class.

That's some kind of list. No "dream school" in SU and no major powerhouses, and a lot of middle of the pack squads who are trying to build something. Looking at the list, gotta think we could have been in play if we really wanted him.

Gotta assume after adding Strickland we are going to be done with RBs this class.
Strickland was the last RB 'ship available. Not surprised we didn't make it.

It's better for us to have put the time in and gotten Strickland.

And to boot if Strickland has a successful career at Cuse it'll pay bigger dividends than Ozigbo.

It's better for us to have put the time in and gotten Strickland.

And to boot if Strickland has a successful career at Cuse it'll pay bigger dividends than Ozigbo.
While Ozigbo still looks to me to have the best film, I agree with this.

We haven't been on his radar and vice versa for awhile, but just to get closure here, he just committed to Iowa State.
I'm not sure this was a wize decision by the staff to drop interest within kid,unless there is something we don't know about grades or personality