Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

Is Devine serious about SU or is this more of a pipe dream thing. Has he gotten any attention from any of the other programs down there? Has SU showed him any love?

Did you read the whole thread? Not to sound like a but he's a 2015 recruit, so there is a lot of time between now and then but I think the majority of your questions can be inferred by the info provided.

Did you read the whole thread? Not to sound like a but he's a 2015 recruit, so there is a lot of time between now and then but I think the majority of your questions can be inferred by the info provided.

I did read the whole thread, I guess I missed the comment that said he wanted to play at SU. sorry, also I am not a subscriber of TOS which I am assuming is Sc**t so I have no idea the love SU is showing him. Kind of the reason I asked the question. When I mean love, I meant from the coaching staff not from us fans.

I’m posting highlights of my son’s good friend – Devine Ozigbo. He’s been a friend of the family since third grade so we’re really excited for him. What’s even more exciting is, in large part because of my son’s exuberance for SU, he’s taken an interest in SU. I believe he’s reached out to the recruiting office to complete some information, but I don’t know all those details.

He plays for Sachse in District 11-5A down here in the Dallas area. That district is comprised primarily of Garland Schools. It’s extremely competitive. He was voted 1st Team All-District Running Back and was also voted Sophomore of the year in 11-5A.

Hope you enjoy. Also, he’s a great kid and I do know he’s caught the attention of a few other schools down here. I’ve posted a link – hope it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvJPqvVA8U
The video is impressive. Good luck for the kid and us. If the recruiting office is aware of him thats the first big step. Well done and good luck to you as well in helping son's friend. I had a similar situation A kid that just about grew up in my house became a huge fan and eventually went to Syracuse and graduated. He now has a great job for one of the major network and the NBA.

The video is impressive. Good luck for the kid and us. If the recruiting office is aware of him thats the first big step. Well done and good luck to you as well in helping son's friend. I had a similar situation A kid that just about grew up in my house became a huge fan and eventually went to Syracuse and graduated. He now has a great job for one of the major network and the NBA.

Does the NCAA know about your recruiting violation? ;)

I did read the whole thread, I guess I missed the comment that said he wanted to play at SU. sorry, also I am not a subscriber of TOS which I am assuming is Sc**t so I have no idea the love SU is showing him. Kind of the reason I asked the question. When I mean love, I meant from the coaching staff not from us fans.

Gotcha, I sounded like a and that wasn't necessarily the intent. I don't subscribe to Sc*ut either. My only real point is that it is way too far away from Devine to even be able to sign a LOI. Based on the level and competition he is playing at, I would be very surprised if the staff wasn't interested in him. There is a lot of time between now and the next few years for the staff to show any interest that the fans will pick up on. The fact that he is coming up for the Clemson game shows he has interest in us, where he plays and his accomplishments so far shows he can play, so I'm sure once the staff knows (if they don't already) he'll be up for a game there will definitely be interest on apart.

Tired how we can't do do spit without allegedly violating some NCAA rule. Let's calm down legal beagles.

This kid will have over 20 offers by this time next year. He has already visited a few schools unofficially. I think Utah is his only offer at this point, but OKLAHOMA ST is very interested from the little amount of research I have done.

Bring this guy in for 2015 and all will be forgiven/forgotten for the 2014 RB recruitng situation. This guy is for REAL! The size and strength at his age is phenomonal. Imo, barring injury, this guy is high DI no doubt.

Is this the guy Eric White was talking about in a recent Tweet, or was that someone else in the class of '15? (Honestly curious)

I wish he played in 4A so that I might be able to see him play the school in my town down here in North Texas. I've still never been to a HS game down here and my mother-in-law is an official photographer for Dave Campbell's "Texas Football" magazine and the local team so I figure I should go eventually, this would have been a nice excuse.

Nothing like giving a tour to start my day!...ps #orangenation he appreciates the love #cuse15

Is this the guy Eric White was talking about in a recent Tweet, or was that someone else in the class of '15? (Honestly curious)

I wish he played in 4A so that I might be able to see him play the school in my town down here in North Texas. I've still never been to a HS game down here and my mother-in-law is an official photographer for Dave Campbell's "Texas Football" magazine and the local team so I figure I should go eventually, this would have been a nice excuse.

Nothing like giving a tour to start my day!...ps # he appreciates the love #cuse15

It was Chris Clark tight end I believe

Nothing like giving a tour to start my day!...ps #he appreciates the love #cuse15

No that was Chris Clark and if you are around Dallas you should go watch SouthLake play.

Ahem Euless Trinity is the real beast we don't recruit we reload :D

Sorry..You always have to support the familys' school...unless it's college and you are playing them.;)

No that was Chris Clark and if you are around Dallas you should go watch SouthLake play.

I've been to Carroll before, but not for a game (for a swim meet I was working). But I admit I haven't heard much about how they've done since their old coach got the job as the coach at UNT and brought his QB son along with him.

I've been to Carroll before, but not for a game (for a swim meet I was working). But I admit I haven't heard much about how they've done since their old coach got the job as the coach at UNT and brought his QB son along with him.

They went 12-2 last year but lost the in the final for 5A. It's crazy though UCLA just offered a 8th grader from there.

So are you a swimmer? Carroll has a great swim program..the boys have won the 5A the last 3 years. I haven't had the opportunity to see a meet in person but have seen plenty on live streaming and DVD. I am such a good Aunt;)

They went 12-2 last year but lost the in the final for 5A. It's crazy though UCLA just offered a 8th grader from there.

So are you a swimmer? Carroll has a great swim program..the boys have won the 5A the last 3 years. I haven't had the opportunity to see a meet in person but have seen plenty on live streaming and DVD. I am such a good Aunt;)
I'm not a swimmer actually, I'm an SID and our college conference held its championship meet there maybe 5 or 6 years ago and I was there to do my sports information stuff.

Honest question, is Texas high school football anything like what it's portrayed in shows and movies? I just watched the whole series of Friday night lights and was just curious. Clearly it's really unrealistic, but I was wondering if the love, support, and town are anything like how it's portrayed? Like do the towns basically shut down to go to the games and other stuff?

Honest question, is Texas high school football anything like what it's portrayed in shows and movies? I just watched the whole series of Friday night lights and was just curious. Clearly it's really unrealistic, but I was wondering if the love, support, and town are anything like how it's portrayed? Like do the towns basically shut down to go to the games and other stuff?

Probably depends on where you are in the town. I live in a town of about 35k people, and we have a 4A school (I'm north of Dallas). The high school football team is HUGE around here - they do have signs in yards a la Varsity Blues, though without pictures but still saying "(So and so, Bearcat football) lives here" but I think it's a lot bigger in other parts of the state. The town certainly doesn't shut down, though from what I understand it can get a little tough to get a ticket to a game.

But if you want to know how important high school football really is in Texas? Just check out Allen High School's stadium:

AW5P9645RTS11inch_original_crop_650x440.jpg

Now that's an artist's rendering, but it really does look just like that. It's absolutely insane. It's nicer than a lot of college stadiums.

I moved to Texas a little over 3 years ago and had these visions in my head of how all encompassing and over the top Texas high school football would be. Going into it with those really high expectations fueled by shows and movies, I can say that my experience is that it isn't quite like that. I'd echo the previous response that says it may be different in small cities/towns. I live in Austin and I haven't found that high school filters into my life at all unless I seek it out. It's a big deal if you have a kid in one of the high schools, but I see very little involvement with folks unaffiliated with a school. But even in smaller cities/towns I'm not sure it is as nuts as it is on tv. I went to see Temple play last year (in Temple) because of Zach Allen's commitment to Syracuse. They were playing Westlake, an Austin powerhouse (and alma mater of Drew Brees). It was a big game for Temple with a marquee opponent, and the folks there that I talked to were incredibly excited, but I doubt the stadium was 75% full.

My first autumn in Texas I couldn't wait to see a high school football game. A few weeks into the season there was a huge match up between Aledo (starring future Gatorade player of the year and current UT running back Johnathan Gray) and Lake Travis, a local powerhouse who was in the midst of 5 straight state championships and had a 30 something game home winning streak. I was able to walk up and get tickets near game time and the stadium did not sell out, which surprised me as this was a game mentioned by espn.com as one of the top 10 high school games in the nation. On the other hand, impressively, Aledo (which is four hours away) brought down a few thousand fans and 4 tractor trailors worth of supplies and equipment for the team and the full 100ish person marching band. I ended up sitting next to a guy who was the adopted son of the real coach of Permian high from the FNL book. He was a cool guy. His son was a guard on the 8th grade team. I talked to him at length about the high school football system in Texas, which is, truly, nuts. These bigger schools (4A and 5A) have 3 or 4 freshmen squads and 2 or 3 JV squads. The high school coach coordinates with the youth leagues to run the same systems and line up on what attributes they look for certain positions, so kids get slotted early. They maintain these A/B/C level teams to allow for growth spurts and such. Teams raise money (or the rich schools have rich parents who'll pay) for speed coaches in the off season. The advent of the 7 on 7 competitions in the summer have made it more year round as well.

I think that is what impressed me more than anything. It isn't so much that high school football has this massive grip on the entire community. What is incredible is the number of resources that are devoted to the sport. As was mentioned, some schools have facilities that rival smaller colleges. These bigger high schools really do run programs and have 8 or 9 person football staffs. The people who are into it are REALLY into it, and it is all encompassing and serious.

Well at Trinity the head football coach makes more than the principal. They have a football only weight room/strength and condition facility that I believe cost $5M. And my daughters senior year there had the clout to get the principal to move the womens soccer team soccer class period so it wouldn't distract his boys. So in the big metro areas it doesn't look like the tv show but sure is as insane in many ways. Oh and many people put their Trinity Trojan season football tickets in their will to pass them down to the next generation to root for the black and red.