Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

I agree, Strickland over Ozigbo…….but Ozigbo..versus our other two RB commits???? Texas HS football versus New York small school and private school football!

Do yourself a favor and go watch Fredericks senior film. I get level of competition but It doesn't take but a minute watching he and Strickland to see we have a pair of special talents in this rb class. They only option would be to pull the scholie of the young man who got hurt but there are a myriad of reasons myself and most others here wouldn't support that.

Do yourself a favor and go watch Fredericks senior film. I get level of competition but It doesn't take but a minute watching he and Strickland to see we have a pair of special talents in this rb class. They only option would be to pull the scholie of the young man who got hurt but there are a myriad of reasons myself and most others here wouldn't support that.
I watched Frederick's Sr. Tape….. Very impressive. I still question level of competition. I hope the RB's who sign..live up to their billing.

If we had wanted Devine, he would've very likely been Orange. He had us as his #1 until he realized we weren't heavily recruiting him and he moved on. I don't think he'd flip again from Nebraska, but that's just my opinion.
Didn't Syracuse offer him a scholarship?

Extremely late in the process, after he had basically given up on us ever showing interest. He moved on, and THEN we got in touch with him. Too little, too late.

Devine is Nebraska's (3-0) leading rusher so far this season and is tied for most rushing TDs w/ 4 TDs. Agrhurmph.

Watched him play Saturday against Oregon. Kid looked very good.

Missed opportunity there, for sure.

Powerful Texas running back with a sweet last name, what could have been.

He originally wanted to come to Syracuse, family friends are huge SU fans and I believe his family was from the East, but we showed marginal interest.

He originally wanted to come to Syracuse, family friends are huge SU fans and I believe his family was from the East, but we showed marginal interest.

That's how I remember it as if he was almost begging for an offer. Pretty sure there were several board members pretty frustrated one never came.

That's how I remember it as if he was almost begging for an offer. Pretty sure there were several board members pretty frustrated one never came.

TexanMark was trying to facilitate that connection, if I remember correctly.

TexanMark was trying to facilitate that connection, if I remember correctly.
the family in Sachse TX was one of my best friends from high school. They even brought him here to a game. He really liked the campus. Shafer staff just didn't seem that interested for some reason.

the family in Sachse TX was one of my best friends from high school. They even brought him here to a game. He really liked the campus. Shafer staff just didn't seem that interested for some reason.
I think I remember robert washington being the reason.

This really burns me up to see the kid doing so well for someone else. I'm very happy for Devine, I really liked him, but he should've been Orange and opened up a path to recruit texas.

Luckily the SS staff was laser focused on all those UMass and ODU level recruits.

Last edited:
Ya pooped the bed and left it for HCDB to clean it up. lol We missed out on a couple of good ones.

2018 rushing stats: 1082 rushing yards, 12 rushing TD's and 7.0 yards per carry for Nebraska.

Sure wish we would have offered this kid. Can you imagine a good 6'-0 235 lb back in our system?

Devine Ozigbo

Hindsight is always 20/20, at the time Fredericks looked like a potential star and had a pretty nice freshman season. It happens unfortunately.

Between him and Melvin Gordon, we've really pooped the bed on running backs that wanted to come here.

Wait what...melvo gordo? ughhhh. RB's that wanted to be at SU at some point and ended up thriving in the NFL within the past 10 years has a pretty solid list.

Ray Rice
Melvin Gordon
Gus Edwards

Grrrrrr

Wait what...melvo gordo? ughhhh. RB's that wanted to be at SU at some point and ended up thriving in the NFL within the past 10 years has a pretty solid list.

Ray Rice
Melvin Gordon
Gus Edwards

Grrrrrr
Well, at least 2 of them had offers, and chose to go elsewhere, so its tough to say they wanted to come to SU. If they did, they would have been here.