Class of 2023 - RB Ike Daniels (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/22/22) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 RB Ike Daniels (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pickup for the staff. I wonder if our Hawaiian team members shared some knowledge about getting home and stuff that maybe made this decision easier. If the kid visits his mom at Christmas and can fly to Hawaii with some of our oline guys that definitely would be a plus.

Nice get. The emphasis seems to be on adding more playmakers with speed to the Anae/Beck offense. I can see Daniels being used as a hybrid RB/Slot type of weapon.

i-like-ike-flasher-button.jpg

This kid was rated four stars a year ago and had a very long list of suitors. Great pickup. You can see that SU is looking for players with speed to play in this new offense. Plug and play!

Excited to get Daniels. He appears to be a terrific prospect.

Not sure what happened to him regarding ratings. Less than a year ago, he was a top 250 player in the country and considered the #12 RB prospect.

This link is for a premium article but the ratings were and remain public, so I don’t think including this quote is revealing anything anyone could have gotten last August 2nd

According to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranking system, Daniels is considered the No. 232 overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting class and the No. 12 running back. He is currently listed as the No. 6 player in the state of Virginia.

Not sure what happened to him. He had a terrific junior season and was named the player of the year for his home region. He has been dropped dramatically in the rankings and it didn’t happen after he verbaled here.
Just wait another drop coming in 3, 2, 1
Great player. I do not care about the ratings. I feel some of our current commits are way underrated. Maybe a positive in that it will keep other schools from trying to flip them.

I honestly don't understand why Hawaii doesn't land more big time recruits. Yes smaller stage but 4-5 years, all expenses paid, to live in Hawaii from 18-22? Shoot, sign me up.

Obviously every kid has different motivation but IF I were contemplating a potential career ending injury I'd rather be in Hawaii than CNY, Tuscaloosa, AL, etc
I used to think the same thing. Then my friend's daughter went out there as part of a study abroad type thing (not sure if it's study abroad when you don't actually leave the country). She came home after about a month because she was miserable. She said all of the native classmates treated her horribly. They're not always friendly to haoles. I think that was at a smaller school though. I wonder if that would be different for an athlete at a larger school with, what I would guess would be, more diverse student demographics.

the emergence of Tucker has re-energized our RB recruitment. I remember when getting a good RB was a foregone conclusion; Owens, Richardson, Malcolm Thomas, McIntosh, Mungro, Reyes/Rhodes, Brinkely, ...some didn't pan out like Ali Culpepper and Tim Washington...but there was a time we'd almost take it for granted the new RB recruit would be big time blue chip kid.

Love where we're going here btw last year and this year. good stuff.
Remember when we got Reyes and Ferri in the same class? That was pretty sick.

I used to think the same thing. Then my friend's daughter went out there as part of a study abroad type thing (not sure if it's study abroad when you don't actually leave the country). She came home after about a month because she was miserable. She said all of the native classmates treated her horribly. They're not always friendly to haoles. I think that was at a smaller school though. I wonder if that would be different for an athlete at a larger school with, what I would guess would be, more diverse student demographics.

All contingent on situations but I grew up lower class income family, as do many D1 recruits, and a chance on an island my family could never afford would be a massive pull.

No idea the socio economic status of Ike's family specifically, just saying me personally and a lot of the less wealthy kids I came up with would consider it strongly.

Plus, it is along pull to get home. Maybe you get home for winter break. Parents likely can't afford to come see you, at least not more than once or twice a year.
You can't even talks to people at normal times, like the end of your day, because they are asleep.

Plus, it is along pull to get home. Maybe you get home for winter break. Parents likely can't afford to come see you, at least not more than once or twice a year.
You can't even talks to people at normal times, like the end of your day, because they are asleep.
I’ll add everything is 20% more there. It’s expensive to live there. You’re living at poverty-like levels if you’re making $50K in Honolulu.

This kid was rated four stars a year ago and had a very long list of suitors. Great pickup. You can see that SU is looking for players with speed to play in this new offense. Plug and play!
Yeah there’s really no reason for his rating dropping like it has other than other factory programs landing recruits that jumped him simply because they committed to a factory program. I don’t think this is a case of a guy like Adly Enoicy that plateaued as a sophomore and all the factory programs then cooled on him causing his rating to sink dramatically. Nothing has degraded as far as his measurables from what I can tell, no major injuries and there hasn’t been any football played so I suspect it’s the services being the services on this one.

and look at the kids film, wowsa! What a get!!
Yeah that’s why I tend to lean towards his ranking downgrade being a case of the sites being the sites because nothing in this kid’s profile warranted it.

Ike appears to be a VERY talented back.
I just hope CUSE gives him a chance to be IKE and not have to be/expected to be a Sean Tucker clone.
He doesn't have to look like/talk like Sean. Be Ike.
BUT I would like the coaches to show IKE a film , just once, of how hard Sean worked to get
himself prepared to accomplish what he is doing in his career at CUSE.

Ike appears to be a VERY talented back.
I just hope CUSE gives him a chance to be IKE and not have to be/expected to be a Sean Tucker clone.
He doesn't have to look like/talk like Sean. Be Ike.
BUT I would like the coaches to show IKE a film , just once, of how hard Sean worked to get
himself prepared to accomplish what he is doing in his career at CUSE.
Like Ike ...if I could be like Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors