RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

This one hurts. Maybe he's not got the hands we'd hoped for in the slot and he doesn't want to be the 2nd RB (kind of nuts if that's the case)

Sigh. Pound the portal. :cool:

I am not surprised. Jordan was basically the #1 back early in the season and didn't really take advantage of that. Not that I wanted him to transfer. I like him and think he is good but I am not surprised given how last season played out.

What a dummy but unless Tucker gets injured Tuck is the #1 for the next 4 years and maybe Jordan’s hearing Hough footsteps as the #2?

maybe they asked him to move to the slot? I always saw him as a Tavon Austin clone running back and wide receiver.

most teams roll with 3/4 blue chip running backs so this is a crushing blow to the depth, the drop off after Tucker is immense. I really hope Hough doesn’t come in overweight. We need him to come in like Ron Dayne rather than Adonis Ameen Moore or Garrison Johnson (who is also in the portal.)

we’ve now had three running back‘s enter the portal, plus Howard and Adams. Seems a bit odd no?

Last edited:
Wow. Howard and Adams now him. Yikes. What’s happening with these running backs as to why they wanna leave. They must not like Gilbert or something

Gilbert or Lynch?

What a dummy but unless Tucker gets injured Tuck is the #1 for the next 4 years and Jordan’s hearing Hough footsteps as the #2?

maybe they asked him to move to the slot? I always saw him as a Tavon Austin clone running back and wide receiver.

most teams roll with 3/4 blue chip running backs so this is a crushing blow to the depth, the drop off after Tucker is immense. I really hope Hough doesn’t come in overweight. We need him to come like Ron Dayne rather than Adonis Ameen Moore or Garrison Johnson (who is also in the portal.)

we’ve now had three running back‘s enter the portal, plus Howard and Adam’s. Seems a bit odd no?

This one truly hurts. Obviously Tucker is the guy for the next 3 or so seasons. I don't see him staying 4 more (too much wear & tear & he'll likely want and be ready for a shot at the NFL). In any case, Jordan would have helped this team a lot, as a guy who could carry the ball 8-10 times and catch passes out of the backfield/slot. There's no positive way to spin this. Really stinks.

Unfortunate but not surprising, as mentioned previously had heard some bigger names were on the fence for leaving, I assume this is one of those. This is why people mocking those about "mass exodus" probably should have waited until at least the spring to start gloating.

What a dummy but unless Tucker gets injured Tuck is the #1 for the next 4 years and maybe Jordan’s hearing Hough footsteps as the #2?

most teams roll with 3/4 blue chip running backs so this is a crushing blow to the depth, the drop off after Tucker is immense. I really hope Hough doesn’t come in overweight. We need him to come like Ron Dayne rather than Adonis Ameen Moore or Garrison Johnson (who is also in the portal.)

we’ve now had three running back‘s enter the portal, plus Howard and Adams. Seems a bit odd no?
The only one really odd would be Jordan.

This one truly hurts. Obviously Tucker is the guy for the next 3 or so seasons. I don't see him staying 4 more (too much wear & tear & he'll likely want and be ready for a shot at the NFL). In any case, Jordan would have helped this team a lot, as a guy who could carry the ball 8-10 times and catch passes out of the backfield/slot. There's no positive way to spin this. Really stinks.

exactly and Tuck got banged up a lot this year missing a lot of snaps. Losing JJ hurst big time. There’s no spinning it.

Last edited:
The only one really odd would be Jordan.

of the 6 running backs on the 2020 roster 5 have left or are leaving the program.

Tucker (Adams Howard Johnson Pierre Jordan). When everyone on the depth chart bails it’s odd.

Lutz was moved for depth, Pena was recruited for the slot.

I suspect Pena will have to move into the Jorden role now at RB.

that is scary bad depth going into 2021

I would happily accept Jarveon back should the door not be closed from his side. Sometimes hype takes on a life of its own on this board.

If we had a three RB room of tucker, lutz, howard. We’re set. Gives Hough time to adjust.

Lutz played his ass off this season. Not a flashy, but to me seemed to read everything better. Gimme more Lutz.

Lutz is a tough SOB and a warrior but he needs a tractor trailer size hole to run through and he’s not gonna make anybody miss.

of the 6 running backs on the 2020 roster 5 have left or are leaving the program.

Tucker (Adams Howard Johnson Pierre Jordan). When everyone on the depth chart bails it’s odd.

Lutz was moved for depth, Pena was recruited for the slot.

I suspect Pena will have to move into the Jorden role now at RB.

that is scary bad depth going into 2021

IDK, they all have their own stories.

Adams was at OU, is a bit older, and RBs have super short shelf lives. Howard people alluded to stuff back at his home (which is far away). Pierre wasn't at this level. Honestly Jordan to be seemed to be a bit of board legend more than anything else, but maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Perfect projection...he could be our Tavon Austin...could be but that is still TBD

Well maybe he figures out things and changes his mind

Lutz is a tough SOB and a warrior but he needs a tractor trailer size hole to run through and he’s not gonna make anybody miss.
Lutz should be our passing Down back. He was good in that spot and made better blocks then tucker imo

We’ll be okay
tenor (2).gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom