Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Well another great night ! I hope everyone is in good health! We won 46-27 on to the playoffs next ! We find out our opponent tomorrow I believe! Josh had a ok night I guess 10 carries 169 yds 3 tds and on defense I believe 3 sacks ! He has really stepped up on defense! Good luck to cuse tomorrow! And god bless

Does a lot of vertimax and weight lifting and cone drills a whole lot of agility stuff
Verti max is a brilliant piece of equipment. The one thing most speed places don’t emphasis is the knee drive. Especially as a fb cause that breaks the arm tackles.

This move has paid dividends for incoming recruits during Dino’s tenure. Im excited for Josh and I think the fanbase has been craving a power back in the mold of Jerome Smith and Delone Carter for quite some time.
Nice call on Jerome Smith. Tucker reminds me of Antione Bailey. Having Josh and Tucker (thunder and lightning) in the same backfield might be the best argument for the wishbone in Orange history.

Nice call on Jerome Smith. Tucker reminds me of Antione Bailey. Having Josh and Tucker (thunder and lightning) in the same backfield might be the best argument for the wishbone in Orange history.
Who is the 3rd back in your scenario?

Who is the 3rd back in your scenario?
Jordan. Hough as FB and Tucker as RB1. Or run a 2-back set like Clemson with Hough and Tucker, and put Jordan in the slot. Lots of talent ... hate to see any one of these guys on the bench.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has ever happened to me before, but I've seen a decent amount of clips of Josh. I'm not sure I've ever seen him get tackled though.
He hates being tackled so he just chooses to run through or over defenders. Looks easy, wish our other guys would try it ;)

Jordan. Hough as FB and Tucker as RB1. Or run a 2-back set like Clemson with Hough and Tucker, and put Jordan in the slot. Lots of talent ... hate to see any one of these guys on the bench.
Wishbone formation - Hough, Jordan, Tucker
I formation - Hough and Tucker with Jordan in the slot

Absolutely his work ethic is crazy goes to practice comes home lifts for 90 mins and then does footwork and then eats while he does homework and does it all week except game days ! Earned not given
Syracuse football succeeds when its driven by a culture of grinding, unrelenting grit. I hope Josh brings this work ethic with him to the hill. It tends to be contagious. Its earned during the hours cameras arent on you

After my conversation with rivals today josh will no longer be a 2 star after November! He will be a 4 star

They'd be crazy not to after the year he's having. They can't keep their eyes closed forever.