Class of 2019 - RB Patrick Garwo (PA) Verbal to BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Patrick Garwo (PA) Verbal to BC

Includes? Either SU and UVA were just left out or this is the new pecking order.

That’s fine, fagan/wallace/tre and richards will get to him after they’re done with sulahaddin

Looking forward to what july has in store.

I love our stable of young backs and our transfer...not to concerned if we don’t land a runner this cycle...

BC is a rising power, meathead is on a roll.

Yup, BC with their crap gameday atmosphere and offensive fulitity continues to recruit well. As rbs love wisky they ALSO have an affinity for BC and their system.

Meathead football or not, bowl games in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, finishing 7-6 all of those years.

It's a proven style of football.

I don't understand the disdain for the style, other than it's not as exciting. I'd trade our recent history with them in a minute. Dino's teams are thrilling to watch, but the results need to start materializing soon. I don't see a reason why BC should thump us, ala 2017.

I do believe that this year will be a jump up, I do. If it's not, I'm interested to see how the fan base reacts.

Meathead football or not, bowl games in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, finishing 7-6 all of those years.

I don't understand the disdain for the style, other than it's not as exciting. I'd trade our recent history with them in a minute. Dino's teams are thrilling to watch, but the results need to start materializing soon. I don't see a reason why BC should thump us, ala 2017.

I do believe that this year will be a jump up, I do. If it's not, I'm interested to see how the fan base reacts.
Ditto. Addazio is getting the job done in his own way. He has a ton of expeience. He knows he can't consistently get the better athletes to come up there. So he beats you up. Kinda reminds me of Pitt basketball. They never got the best athletes, their style was boring to watch but they won most of their games. BC runs the ball and stop the run. That formula will always work in football no matter the era or new trendy schemes teams have. Of course you need LB's that can run and tackle in space these days but first and foremost you need them to be able to tackle between the tackles. That's what BC's does consistlently. With that said, we have some speed guys on the edges that can hurt them on the screen game and hopefully challenge them vertically. We have better athletes than them. This year I am more confident against them with a healthy Dungey and a quality back up. Dillon is a grown man and runs angry. We are replacing our LB's but we have a improved DL.

Last edited:
Always going to be tough to beat out BC when they have a Heisman candidate RB and we haven't had a 1,000 yard rusher since Dino took over. If you're looking to be showcased, BC is definitely a place to go.

Is it proven here? I mean the last time we were good we had Marrone mixing in very modern passing concepts with tempo, before that it was the freeze option with athletic QB’s.

As for success, it’s really clear Dino will get us there as long as our depth (that he’s been building) starts to show out. Addazzio has a head start by a couple of years as does Doreen and Clawson.

Clemson and VaTech wins are enough proof for me.

Always going to be tough to beat out BC when they have a Heisman candidate RB and we haven't had a 1,000 yard rusher since Dino took over. If you're looking to be showcased, BC is definitely a place to go.

I agree for RB. Plus I’m not worrying given our Oklahoma transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom