Class of 2019 - RB Patrick Garwo (PA) Verbal to BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Patrick Garwo (PA) Verbal to BC

Is it proven here? I mean the last time we were good we had Marrone mixing in very modern passing concepts with tempo, before that it was the freeze option with athletic QB’s.

As for success, it’s really clear Dino will get us there as long as our depth (that he’s been building) starts to show out. Addazzio has a head start by a couple of years as does Doreen and Clawson.

Clemson and VaTech wins are enough proof for me.

Doesn't really need to be proven here. I'm not calling for our system to change. Marrone's passing concepts were literally the same concepts that everyone runs, smash, stick, etc.

Is it really clear?

Regardless, I'm 100% on board with Dino, and anything contrary to that was not the intent of the post. You don't have to love or want "meathead" football to respect it. There's elements of it in every offense you'll see this Fall.

Doesn't really need to be proven here. I'm not calling for our system to change. Marrone's passing concepts were literally the same concepts that everyone runs, smash, stick, etc.

Is it really clear?

Regardless, I'm 100% on board with Dino, and anything contrary to that was not the intent of the post. You don't have to love or want "meathead" football to respect it. There's elements of it in every offense you'll see this Fall.

I respect “meathead” football and certainly elements of it are in our current system. I just don’t advocate it for us, in the Dome, with the talent available to us.

Marrone mixed that stuff with tempo. A key element of meathead football is a slow tempo, combined with a defensive mindset.

I’d also suggest that with the talent available to BC, the ceiling on their success is lower than ours running Dino’s system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom