Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I'm thoroughly depressed. Maybe it's a good thing that I'll be at my son's tee ball game when this goes down on Saturday.
I'll be in an MRI machine, but hopefully falling asleep. Gonna be a long half hour.

I'll be in an MRI machine, but hopefully falling asleep. Gonna be a long half hour.

Well wait until the MRI is done ... if you move and start doing a happy dance after he commits you will have to start it all over again.

I still stand by what i said Tuesday in post 2202. I never expected him to pick us, don't really care no skin off my back if he doesn't wish him the best and if he does then great. If 44 is such a big thing why hasn't he worn 44 in high school. His film looks good but then I have reservations......you know that talent level stuff everyone brings up. Some of the opponents look like jv sophmores. He is better than anyone we have now and in the recent past however don't know if he deserves all this hype. I really hate hyping up 16, 17 year old kids. Wish you the best in whatever you choose.

I still stand by what i said Tuesday in post 2202. I never expected him to pick us, don't really care no skin off my back if he doesn't wish him the best and if he does then great. If 44 is such a big thing why hasn't he worn 44 in high school. His film looks good but then I have reservations...you know that talent level stuff everyone brings up. Some of the opponents look like jv sophmores. He is better than anyone we have now and in the recent past however don't know if he deserves all this hype. I really hate hyping up 16, 17 year old kids. Wish you the best in whatever you choose.
You stop taking your meds?

I still stand by what i said Tuesday in post 2202. I never expected him to pick us, don't really care no skin off my back if he doesn't wish him the best and if he does then great. If 44 is such a big thing why hasn't he worn 44 in high school. His film looks good but then I have reservations...you know that talent level stuff everyone brings up. Some of the opponents look like jv sophmores. He is better than anyone we have now and in the recent past however don't know if he deserves all this hype. I really hate hyping up 16, 17 year old kids. Wish you the best in whatever you choose.

Holy cognitive dissonance.

I get it however #44 has no meaning at his school ... wearing it at SU is a different story ... he played on the U18 team and has offers from everyone ... I mean everyone, it isn't just level of competition that makes him great.

If I had to bet, I would say the father told the truth. This is a great way to walk back the story.
Honestly, that could certainly be a very real possibility. What's a better way to place it back into a shroud of mystery and put a little bit of drama back into where he'll actually pick?

Forgive me if someone has mentioned what I am about to speak of, but this thread seems to have blown up in the past 24 hours and I didn't feel like reading everything since a lot of the posts seemed to be expressing anxiety without looking at the causes. I would love to see Robert commit as much as anyone. But the thing that troubles me is that Robert is on record as saying that only three people know his choice... himself, his mother, and his girlfriend. That being said, his father is the one giving encouragement to the Orange faithful of a commitment. Also, Robert criticized his father for giving encouragement without knowledge. I know that father was one of his coaches before transfer. I know that mom has said this is a family matter. My question is, what is the relationship between mom and dad and how does this play into what is being reported and how does this effect Robert's choice? I also know that the guy that stopped posting that was a friend of the family was kind of vague why he stopped. I hope this doesn't create anger but I do believe it is something that should be raised and considered.

Forgive me if someone has mentioned what I am about to speak of, but this thread seems to have blown up in the past 24 hours and I didn't feel like reading everything since a lot of the posts seemed to be expressing anxiety without looking at the causes. I would love to see Robert commit as much as anyone. But the thing that troubles me is that Robert is on record as saying that only three people know his choice... himself, his mother, and his girlfriend. That being said, his father is the one giving encouragement to the Orange faithful of a commitment. Also, Robert criticized his father for giving encouragement without knowledge. I know that father was one of his coaches before transfer. I know that mom has said this is a family matter. My question is, what is the relationship between mom and dad and how does this play into what is being reported and how does this effect Robert's choice? I also know that the guy that stopped posting that was a friend of the family was kind of vague why he stopped. I hope this doesn't create anger but I do believe it is something that should be raised and considered.
I know where you're coming from.

But I don't think it's any of our business what the relationship between ANY recruits mom and dad is like.

ottodaorange said:

This is what I was talking about a bit. Good intentions - just maybe a touch too far. Let's just wait it out.

This is what I was talking about a bit. Good intentions - just maybe a touch too far. Let's just wait it out.

Ok well this idiot is the first person who went there, so maybe you were just predicting the inevitable i suppose...

Im totally okay with all of this because I never expected this kid to come here. If he does, awesome, but if not, we will be totally fine. I have a lot of faith in the backs we currently have. Moreover, the only position that could instantly change a team is the QB, and I reserve my recruiting excitment for a once in a lifetime QB, not RB.

I always thought it was his father or uncle, because of the knowledge of the NCAA recruiting periods. In any event, Caliluv is no longer a registered user here FWIW.

His account was deleted. Went back into the 40's of this thread to find that nugget.

The big thing to think about is if Washington had made his decision on Syracuse while Caliluv (if he is indeed the father) was posting here.

No one seems to be mentioning Michigan lately here. Reviving a team with the prestige of Michigan would be similar (if I was a recruit) to obtaining # 44. Then you have the fact Wheatley approved the initial Syracuse offer to RW, so that relationship has been built and likely pretty constant communication. Understand the hesitation with the commits Michigan already has, but RW strikes me as a kid (and has said as much) that he doesn't mind competing and winning a job as long as there is a job to win.

I really think this is going to be between Michigan and Syracuse. Still think he has chose Syracuse.

Either way, best of luck to Washington and looking forward to tracking his rushing records!

bothsocksup said:
Im totally okay with all of this because I never expected this kid to come here. If he does, awesome, but if not, we will be totally fine. I have a lot of faith in the backs we currently have. Moreover, the only position that could instantly change a team is the QB, and I reserve my recruiting excitment for a once in a lifetime QB, not RB.

1. I like our RBs too.
2. If you look at our current record and trajectory and don't think we need all the help we can get - you're insane.
3. Sure an elite QB would be nice. But that's not where we are at. RW is who is potentially choosing us this Saturday and if he does I'll be amped. Reality is worth getting excited about.
4. By your own words "a once in a lifetime QB recruit is worth getting excited about" - you might be better off not following recruiting. That's a lot of time to invest in one guy at some point in your lifetime.
5. RW is not just a RB. He is a stand up kid who has the respect of his peers. We'd be lucky to have a player of his character and skill level at any position.

timkay99 said:
His account was deleted. Went back into the 40's of this thread to find that nugget. The big thing to think about is if Washington had made his decision on Syracuse while Caliluv (if he is indeed the father) was posting here. No one seems to be mentioning Michigan lately here. Reviving a team with the prestige of Michigan would be similar (if I was a recruit) to obtaining # 44. Then you have the fact Wheatley approved the initial Syracuse offer to RW, so that relationship has been built and likely pretty constant communication. Understand the hesitation with the commits Michigan already has, but RW strikes me as a kid (and has said as much) that he doesn't mind competing and winning a job as long as there is a job to win. I really think this is going to be between Michigan and Syracuse. Still think he has chose Syracuse. Either way, best of luck to Washington and looking forward to tracking his rushing records!

He ruled Michigan out.

Robert and his father have always portrayed a close relationship to the public including RW calling his dad his role model in a USA football video. He's been a coach of his and been on multiple recruiting trips with him and others. Just sayin.

Robert and his father have always portrayed a close relationship to the public including RW calling his dad his role model in a USA football video. He's been a coach of his and been on multiple recruiting trips with him and others. Just sayin.

Relationships can and do change ... and sometimes in a hurry. Is that the case? Probably not but I have seen crazier things happen, all we can do is wait ... :bang:

I spoke with Roberts dad again last night. I won't go into details of what we talked about. I just told him that no matter what I hope he and his son are ok. I wished him and his son well for tomorrow. I expressed to him how crazy this recruiting process is the first day we talked and he had said to me then that he knew. I told him you really have no ideA. Last night I reminded him of that conversation. I told him it was stressful for shy and he wasn't anywhere the prospect rw is. He said I wAs right and it was a lot more crazy than he ever thought it could get. I can't imagine the pressure they are feeling so I'm sure most people who have never done this at all have zero clue what they are dealing with. I am not sure what the whole story is and I don't want to know. I hope after saturday rw is committed to cuse. I hope after Saturday Bailey can put this crazy week behind him. I hope after this week the washington family can get a break from the insanity. But most of all I hope a dad and his son are ok.

Bambrewer said:
I spoke with Roberts dad again last night. I won't go into details of what we talked about. I just told him that no matter what I hope he and his son are ok. I wished him and his son well for tomorrow. I expressed to him how crazy this recruiting process is the first day we talked and he had said to me then that he knew. I told him you really have no ideA. Last night I reminded him of that conversation. I told him it was stressful for shy and he wasn't anywhere the prospect rw is. He said I wAs right and it was a lot more crazy than he ever thought it could get. I can't imagine the pressure they are feeling so I'm sure most people who have never done this at all have zero clue what they are dealing with. I am not sure what the whole story is and I don't want to know. I hope after saturday rw is committed to cuse. I hope after Saturday Bailey can put this crazy week behind him. I hope after this week the washington family can get a break from the insanity. But most of all I hope a dad and his son are ok.

Your last sentence is spot on. More important than which school he picks.

Well said, Bam.

From all the information available we should feel like we have a legit chance and need to let RW make his official decision and enjoy his moment. If SS is able to this commitment and hold on to it thru the year it will go a long way to get people on his side as to his recruiting ability. Mr. Washington would be our first ESPN300 recruit EVER since ESPN entered the recruiting business and with an annual game in NC for this kid and his family to attend at NC State or Wake Forest and game every two years at Clemson this is the first fruit potentially to our move to the ACC showing up.

No need to provoke the bear anymore. If RW chooses elsewhere it wouldn't shock if he chooses SU then it wouldn't shock. This kid could roll the momentum to a top 30 recruiting class and infuse the talent back into the program we most definitely need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom