Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to College Sports Radio on XM yesterday and Packer brought up how Syracuse is bringing 44 out of retirement. Hawkins went on a rampage that this was ridicules and that in no way should SU disrespect the legendary players that have worn that number. I felt it was very short sided of him since he doesn't even know how those legendary players feel about making the number available again. He made SU sound like a bad football program reaching for a life line.

I was listening to College Sports Radio on XM yesterday and Packer brought up how Syracuse is bringing 44 out of retirement. Hawkins went on a rampage that this was ridicules and that in no way should SU disrespect the legendary players that have worn that number. I felt it was very short sided of him since he doesn't even know how those legendary players feel about making the number available again. He made SU sound like a bad football program reaching for a life line.

!@#$ Hawkins.

Packer is an ass who will crap on anything SU because the school is located north of the mason dixon line. I have no idea who Hawkins is, but sounds like he fits right in on that show.

Just missed it but have been tempted to call to mention that it was approved by those legendary players AND that it should not have been retired at all. My question is: if it wasn't retired 10 years ago would he, or anyone for that matter, be clamoring for it to be retired today?

Just missed it but have been tempted to call to mention that it was approved by those legendary players AND that it should not have been retired at all. My question is: if it wasn't retired 10 years ago would he, or anyone for that matter, be clamoring for it to be retired today?

Exactly!

Short sighted.

Smart of this kid to take the remainder of his visits. Don't hold it against him at all.

Smart of this kid to take the remainder of his visits. Don't hold it against him at all.
Exactly. Who wouldn't want to take 5 all-expenses-paid trips to the best college campuses around? I don't see any problem here, especially because he's helping on the recruiting trail...you're not gonna help recruit other great players to a place you are not 100% committed to (barring a coaching change like Zach Allen).

Exactly. Who wouldn't want to take 5 all-expenses-paid trips to the best college campuses around? I don't see any problem here, especially because he's helping on the recruiting trail...you're not gonna help recruit other great players to a place you are not 100% committed to (barring a coaching change like Zach Allen).
And as has been stated repeatedly, the only chance for a flip is really if there's a coaching change, or if we go back on our word about him being the only RB we recruit.

And as has been stated repeatedly, the only chance for a flip is really if there's a coaching change, or if we go back on our word about him being the only RB we recruit.
Yes. That is why getting on him, or any recruit, for taking the visits is wrong. You only go through the recruiting process once. Enjoy it. I know I would if I were in his position.

And thanks again for all the inside info on RW, Jekelish. It means a lot to this board.

Yes. That is why getting on him, or any recruit, for taking the visits is wrong. You only go through the recruiting process once. Enjoy it. I know I would if I were in his position.

And thanks again for all the inside info on RW, Jekelish. It means a lot to this board.
Ditto! Thanks Jek! But I wish Caliluv would return.

Just missed it but have been tempted to call to mention that it was approved by those legendary players AND that it should not have been retired at all. My question is: if it wasn't retired 10 years ago would he, or anyone for that matter, be clamoring for it to be retired today?[/QUOTE

Coach Shafer was on with Childers and Neuheisel today on that same station. They LOVE that we are bringing it back. It was a very good interview with Coach. Talking about not just 44 but about the upcoming season, all the injuries from last year etc. if you have Sirius online you can listen to it. From about 935A this morning

Sorry my phone is acting strangely. The first part above is quoting Tex and the second part is my response..

Coach Shafer was on with Childers and Neuheisel today on that same station. They LOVE that we are bringing it back. It was a very good interview with Coach. Talking about not just 44 but about the upcoming season, all the injuries from last year etc. if you have Sirius online you can listen to it. From about 935A this morning

Son of a beeeeech, can't believe I missed it. That may be the first time in a year that they have spoken about SU.

Son of a beeeeech, can't believe I missed it. That may be the first time in a year that they have spoken about SU.

Pretty much yeah! They were very positive today, excited about 44. It was nice. By the way, someone had mentioned Hawkins. That would be Dan Hawkins, the former bigmouth chump of a coach who washed out at Colorado. Glad I missed him ranting against 44

Pretty much yeah! They were very positive today, excited about 44. It was nice. By the way, someone had mentioned Hawkins. That would be Dan Hawkins, the former bigmouth chump of a coach who washed out at Colorado. Glad I missed him ranting against 44

I didn't hear Hawk as I got in right after a commercial break, but Packer said something to the effect "Hawk really got going. Really upset about the #44 at Syracuse." Hawk basically said "don't get me going on that again." Then it was SEC talk again. sigh...

I didn't hear Hawk as I got in right after a commercial break, but Packer said something to the effect "Hawk really got going. Really upset about the #44 at Syracuse." Hawk basically said "don't get me going on that again." Then it was SEC talk again. sigh...

So silly. The number was given out for many many years. All they are doing is righting a wrong

So silly. The number was given out for many many years. All they are doing is righting a wrong
It feels like the people complaining about it don't realize how and why it was retired. It was retired foolishly 10 years ago in an effort to create buzz and sell tickets. This is simply righting an awful wrong. This isn't something that's been retired since, like, 1965, like people seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom