Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the people complaining about it don't realize how and why it was retired. It was retired foolishly 10 years ago in an effort to create buzz and sell tickets. This is simply righting an awful wrong. This isn't something that's been retired since, like, 1965, like people seem to think.

Like many other things regarding SU history, the complainers don't have a clue

It feels like the people complaining about it don't realize how and why it was retired. It was retired foolishly 10 years ago in an effort to create buzz and sell tickets. This is simply righting an awful wrong. This isn't something that's been retired since, like, 1965, like people seem to think.
I feel like the people complaining about it are generally whining bitches with no skin in the game.

McNabb is a special case. A sweet apology and a juicy donation would get him back on the side of the angels. And a nice little swim with Konrad.

I talk to CaliLuv now and again, so hey, let's pretend he's still here speaking through me like he's Patrick Swayze and I'm Whoopi Goldberg. Which actually works better than it should since Whoopi and I share a birthday.

I guess we should get concerned when you start spinning the pottery wheel, right?

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/sports/h...-tv-announces-2015-big-22-players-watch/nmPWM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —

WSOC-TV Channel 9 and High School Football Extra’s Big 22 brought to you by Bojangles’ Famous Chicken’n Biscuits announced the 22 high school football players who have been determined as the top pre-seasonstandouts from area high school teams for the 2015 season. They will be featured throughout the season on Channel 9’s weekly “High School Football Extra” show along with in-depth coverage on wsoctv.com.

Coaches from public and private high-schools located in the WSOC-TV, Channel 9 DMA viewing area in NC and SC were asked to nominate three players from their team and two players from other schools to be considered for the “Big 22.” The final twenty-two were selected by the WSOC-TV sports department after reviewing the coaches’ nominations and using a set of judging criteria.

SPECIAL SECTION: Big 22

“Recognizing the “Big 22” players is a great way to showcase these young athletes and demonstrates Channel 9’s ongoing commitment to our community”, said Joe Pomilla, WSOC-TV Vice President and General Manager.

For the 2015 High School Football season the “Big 22” are (in alphabetical order by last name):

Jaret Anderson, Charlotte Catholic High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Joshua Brown, Mallard Creek High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Cade Carney, Davidson Day School, Davidson, N.C.

JT Cauthen, Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw, N.C.

Christian Colon, Independence High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Elijah Deveaux, Charlotte Christian School, Charlotte, N.C.

Landon Dickerson, South Caldwell High School, Hudson, N.C.

Myles Dorn, Zebulon B. Vance High School, Charlotte, N.C.

BJ Emmons, Freedom High School, Morganton, N.C.

Zack Gilbert, South Mecklenburg High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Tre’ Harbison, Crest High School, Shelby, N.C.

Austin Kendall, Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw, N.C.

Moe Neal, Forestview High School, Gastonia, N.C.

Conner O’Donnell, cfa Academy, Concord, N.C.

Julian Okwara, Ardrey Kell High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Marquill Osborne, William Amos Hough High School, Cornelius, N.C.

Travis Ramseur II, Statesville High School, Statesville, N.C.

Cody Reece, Mt. Pleasant High School, Mt. Pleasant, N.C.

James Smith, Jr., Mallard Creek High School, Charlotte, N.C.

Chazz Surratt, East Lincoln High School, Denver, N.C.

Hank Tuipulotu, Nation Ford High School, Fort Mill, S.C.

Robert Washington, Jr., Mountain Island Charter School in Mount Holly, N.C.

The “Big 22” players will also be featured on “High School Football Extra Kickoff”, a LIVE primetime special airing Wednesday, August 19 at 8 p.m. on WSOC-TV Channel 9. “High School Football Extra” will air Fridays on Channel 9 at 11:35 p.m. starting August 21.

This isn't new news right?

This is new news. This is the school that Aapri just said he is going to transfer to and where RW Sr. will be coaching at this year (assistant). I wonder if RW and his girlfriend are having issues. He was going to go to her school.

This is new news. This is the school that Aapri just said he is going to transfer to and where RW Sr. will be coaching at this year (assistant). I wonder if RW and his girlfriend are having issues. He was going to go to her school.
Oh geez...let's not turn into a gossip magazine and start speculating on a high school kid's love life. He's going to play for his dad, plain and simple.

The most important question as far as all of us are concerned, is will this still allow him to be a January enrollee? That's all I care to speculate about.
I think that's the reason for the move. I believe it was stated earlier in the thread that he wouldn't be allowed to graduate early from his former school.

I think that's the reason for the move. I believe it was stated earlier in the thread that he wouldn't be allowed to graduate early from his former school.
Yeah, that was the reason for the original move. The reason for the move to Mount Island Charter rather than East Gastonia as originally planned is that EG isn't in Robert's district, so he legally can't enroll there.

He's definitely focusing on graduating early and getting to SU in January.

Anyone know what than means as far as who his new team will be playing against this season? Is the competition he will play against at Mount Island Charter better or worse than what he would be facing at East Gastonia?

Anyone know what than means as far as who his new team will be playing against this season? Is the competition he will play against at Mount Island Charter better or worse than what he would be facing at East Gastonia?

My guess is equal to possibly lesser competition. But that's a guess.

Last edited:

Mount Island Charter is 1A. East Gaston is 3A.

Ahh, they do get a Home school team though. You live in Carolina, what is my link all about then? Looks like MIC plays a bunch of schools from the Southern Piedmont group then?

Well it looks like your link was for last year and they were listed as an Independent. I'm not sure how long the school has been around or had a football program. And MIC is in the Charlotte area so it makes sense that they play those schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom