RB situation | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RB situation

Run down by a number of teams? he has only played in two games and FSU was the only one that caught him after a forty five yard run. What you just said makes no sense.

FSU isnt the only team with speed these days. Yes, the way he got gobbled up, i will go out on a limb and say he would have beeh caught by multiple secondarys. Not a bad thing, love this kid...

I say Howard doesn’t have high end speed but he makes up for it with extreme explosiveness in a short distance. Good vision and great hips. Doesn’t need to be bo Jackson fast. Adams as I hear it has great moves and elite speed also. Kinda giddy about both playing next year.
Adams has not played one down here yet so I have no idea about his elite speed or other abilities, but I hope he is the second coming of Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, and Jim Brown all rolled into one, but I kind of doubt he will be. Meanwhile I think I will accept what we have and not say they do not or can not do this or that. Howard is pretty dam fast, and has many other desirable traits. I do not get you guys.

Who said speed was an issue? Certainly not me. He is a faster version of Delone Carter
You did, and then named people that were no faster than he is in the forty.

You did, and then named people that were no faster than he is in the forty.
LOL...You have serious reading comprehension issues. Carry on.

FSU isnt the only team with speed these days. Yes, the way he got gobbled up, i will go out on a limb and say he would have beeh caught by multiple secondarys. Not a bad thing, love this kid...
Oh you were projecting that he will be caught, but that is not what you wrote. I had no idea you could predict future events. I guess time will tell.

Adams has not played one down here yet so I have no idea about his elite speed or other abilities, but I hope he is the second coming of Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, and Jim Brown all rolled into one, but I kind of doubt he will be. Meanwhile I think I will accept what we have and not say they do not or can not do this or that. Howard is pretty dam fast, and has many other desirable traits. I do not get you guys.

You seem to be upset that a few posters commented on howards speed. He doesn't have break away speed yet , but he may develop it. Kid isa beast and a huge player for us going forward. Are you going to be OK with adams not adding up to Davis, little, and Brown? Who could?! We have some great backs moving forward, let's watch them grow...

Oh you were projecting that he will be caught, but that is not what you wrote. I had no idea you could predict future events. I guess time will tell.

Lol. Question: do you think FSUs secondary would be the only in the nation to run down Howard

Could not care less if he got caught or even if he has breakaway speed. Jerome Smith, Carter, Mungro, Brinkley probably would’ve gotten caught too. They were all really good. We don’t get the true elite, one of the best in the country backs. That’s ok. Just want some good ones again.

Who said speed was an issue? Certainly not me. He is a faster version of Delone Carter

I'd peg him as a faster and stronger version of Jerome Smith. Regardless, he is the best true freshman RB recruit we've had in the better past six years.

Could not care less if he got caught or even if he has breakaway speed. Jerome Smith, Carter, Mungro, Brinkley probably would’ve gotten caught too. They were all really good. We don’t get the true elite, one of the best in the country backs. That’s ok. Just want some good ones again.

God love him, Jerome Smith routinely ran out of juice at the tail end of 60 yard runs. The NC State game in 2013 comes to mind. He was still a pretty damn good back. I honestly believe that--at the end of the season-- Howard will be every bit as good as Jerome Smith was as a senior.

The hell with the top end speed, that initial move was SICK. True freshman leaving a FSU defender slapping the carpet in frustration.

His name is Mr. Howard

Dump truck!

I'm done defending Strickland after that series where we were at the goal line, he had a hole to the left and ran straight into a FSU LB because he had his head down. The OL is now opening holes and his vision just isn't good enough.

Like what I've seen from Jarveon so far, and Neal definitely should be starting from here on out.

I'm done defending Strickland after that series where we were at the goal line, he had a hole to the left and ran straight into a FSU LB because he had his head down. The OL is now opening holes and his vision just isn't good enough.

Like what I've seen from Jarveon so far, and Neal definitely should be starting from here on out.

I watched that series several times because I thought he got in the first carry. Which play are you talking about? I don’t see it at all.

I watched that series several times because I thought he got in the first carry. Which play are you talking about? I don’t see it at all.
Thought it was his second down carry but I can't remember. Will see if I can go back and find it tomorrow.

I too thought he was in, but with ACC refs Syracuse has to score twice for them to count it.

On one run against a depleted D in a game that was out of hand, well yes he did.

Watching all of the games he's been the guy, Strick is not a big YAC runner. IMO, he gets wrapped up early and often. Breaking tackles is usually not his strength.

I think he does ok. He broke some tackles and trucked a dude for a TD against W Mich too. Just saying I think there’s more to him than you think. I’ve seen him break enough tackles and break for long enough runs to not believe what you are saying. Difference in opinion!

Mr. Howard is, IMO, going to be a difference maker for us during his tenure at SU. Because he's had few touches, I've only seen spurts of his ability and it's all good - like yesterday, in a burst, he shot through the middle like a missle and FST barely caught him, 3 yards short of a touchdown. He isn't a dump truck, too fast for that - maybe an F150 with the BIG ENGINE and slicks and I don't agree that his perceived non 4.4 speed makes a difference – he's fast enough just needs more playing time. Jawhar Jordan, mercurial, ankle breaker, not - but This man is the deal! Abdul Adams from Okieland is in the wings behind curtain #3 but we won't see him this year. Until then with the bigger better offensive line we have a winner. GOSU :)

P.S. (just in case you missed this):
Listed as one of the top prospects in Mississippi by (No. 9), 247Sports.com (No. 13) and ESPN (No. 20) … No. 31 running back in the Class of 2018, according to … Ranked No. 35 among running backs in the 247Sports.com composite and No. 64 by ESPN … 2017 Mississippi Association of Coaches Class 1A All-State First Team … 2017 Hattiesburg American First Team All-Area selection … Invited to participate in the Bernard Blackwell North/South All-Star Game … As a senior, rushed for 1,508 yards and 21 touchdowns on 118 carries (12.8 avg.) … Seven 100-yard rushing games, including 320 yards and four TDs versus North Forrest … Added 11 receptions for 203 yards (18.5 avg.) and two scores, and made 83 tackles on defense, during his final prep season.

An F150??? I hope he isn't prone to breaking down as much as a Ford. :)

Not sure what he expects from a 211 lb RB but Howard is about 4.4, now there may be faster people but I bet they are not 211 lb RBs very often. You are correct it is all relative the guys chasing him were not exactly slow.

no way is Howard near 4.4. Probably more like 4.65. And that's ok. It's also ok that he was caught from behind. Lots of running backs get caught from behind by fast secondary kids.

All I know is that Howard is going to give some DB's Mississippi mud when they see him coming at them full speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom