Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

OT, but here's my question. I went through the All-CNY Team, and I saw a 6-2, 300-plus DL named Elijah Buck. Junior. Have we offered? If he's good, it'd be great to keep him home.

I'll go back to what I said previous in this thread. Huge academic risks here. With the way the scholarship rules are applied now and not being able to backdate - wouldn't surprise me if offers by programs to academic risks are pulled
And I'm not sure if this is a rule change or something I've just become aware. Looks like they are trying to make sure kids are eligible in order for them to take OVs. "You need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school. "

I've seen multiple people say he will not have the grades

Likely a grades issue. It’s a shame because who doesn’t want a 240lb RB. He might squeak into Indiana but it’s a wait and see.

Kids from CBA usually have no problem qualifying. It’s tough to stay eligible at that school and play athletics.

Not to say he couldn’t qualify, but that may be spin on Toad’s part. Maybe Stevie committed early to secure a spot somewhere, but never really felt at “home” so to speak.

His injury doesn’t help either. Kid should have committed here early. Too bad.

he'll be an interesting tst case for the early signing period. If grades ARENT an issue and he's waiting for a better offer, he'll be a Guinea pig to see how that strategy works out.

Crazy quotes

"I mean, we had a talk. He said he was considering because they didn't really pass the ball too much. But after this weekend, he said he's ready to re-commit."
Isn't he a rb?

Scott personally confirmed his Rutgers decommitment with NJ.com Thursday morning, stating he "wasn't feeling it anymore."

He also said he's no longer considering the Scarlet Knights. The Indiana Hoosiers appear to be his next destination but Scott isn't "saying too much right now."

Crazy quotes

"I mean, we had a talk. He said he was considering because they didn't really pass the ball too much. But after this weekend, he said he's ready to re-commit."
Isn't he a rb?

Scott personally confirmed his Rutgers decommitment with NJ.com Thursday morning, stating he "wasn't feeling it anymore."

He also said he's no longer considering the Scarlet Knights. The Indiana Hoosiers appear to be his next destination but Scott isn't "saying too much right now."
Mike Hart strikes again?

Tre Williams and Luke Erickson liked
Gabe Horan‏ @horangabe11 8h8 hours ago
Gabe Horan Retweeted Stevie Scott III

1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

That was fast, I guess he had to think long and hard about a big decision...lol

He's on the Taysir Mack plan, I see.

Good on ya Stevie!

Sometimes the jokes write themselves.