Class of 2017 - RB Tayon Fleet-Davis (MD) Verbal to UMD | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Tayon Fleet-Davis (MD) Verbal to UMD

IMO he doesn't leave Maryland without committing
Told you fellas. Its sad because , If Chris Beatty stayed on the staff, Fleet Davis, Johnny Jordan, Kasim Hill, Tyann Hunt and others would be committed to Cuse by now. Beatty was a big get for them.
Now, as far as the the RB position. We are not in dying need of a RB. We need a power back though and some of the targets are still out there. IMO, I think TFD would be a better LB. I would be surprised if he's not switched by his sophomore year at Maryland.

UMD owning the MD/DC recruiting area these days! Cuse should play them and Rutgers every other year.

Told you fellas. Its sad because , If Chris Beatty stayed on the staff, Fleet Davis, Johnny Jordan, Kasim Hill, Tyann Hunt and others would be committed to Cuse by now. Beatty was a big get for them.
Now, as far as the the RB position. We are not in dying need of a RB. We need a power back though and some of the targets are still out there. IMO, I think TFD would be a better LB. I would be surprised if he's not switched by his sophomore year at Maryland.
You win the most absurd comment of the year award. All of those guys would have committed by now? And you know this how? How many of them have you spoken with? I'll save you the trouble - zero. You think the fact that a Big Ten state school from their state located 30 minutes from home, friends and family might have helped MD? "Told you fellas"? How hard was it to think these kids would stay local with MD putting them all on their cannot lose list? Tell us more.

You win the most absurd comment of the year award. All of those guys would have committed by now? And you know this how? How many of them have you spoken with? I'll save you the trouble - zero. You think the fact that a Big Ten state school from their state located 30 minutes from home, friends and family might have helped MD? "Told you fellas"? How hard was it to think these kids would stay local with MD putting them all on their cannot lose list? Tell us more.
Something is really wrong with you if you thought I was implying that I knew they were coming. lol wasnt claiming I had insider info. its was a opinion based on Beatty's recruiting prowess. lol

Can't see how anyone could pass up this offense but on to the next...

image.jpeg
btw VirginiaOrange this is a pic of me and Tayon after our game of madden. It was during his unofficial visit. So I do know a little something ;)

Last edited:

You having a bad day or something?

I believe we will take one more but that the staff will wait for a better option. I have been wrong before (many times) but I think this is the case

Better option than who?

I also think a quality RB is a need this year. Strick and Fred will be juniors when this years kid hits campus. Moe a sophomore. It's how you build depth. Strick/Fred seniors. Moe a junior. This years kid a frosh or soph. Depends on if he redshirted. And if Fred doesn't get his weight down he might not play so there's that to.

Better option than who?

I also think a quality RB is a need this year. Strick and Fred will be juniors when this years kid hits campus. Moe a sophomore. It's how you build depth. Strick/Fred seniors. Moe a junior. This years kid a frosh or soph. Depends on if he redshirted. And if Fred doesn't get his weight down he might not play so there's that to.
Yeah dont forget Stritz. We already have him. Adding a power back will be 2 for this year. IMO we need a power guy. TFD was that. he didnt have breakaway speed but he will get you tough yards. Thats the type of back we dont have.

Yeah dont forget Stritz. We already have him. Adding a power back will be 2 for this year. IMO we need a power guy. TFD was that. he didnt have breakaway speed but he will get you tough yards. Thats the type of back we dont have.

See I think Stritz ends up on defense. I'd like to see us bring in a 190# scat back. Like the two we missed out on at the end last year from Florida.

Better option than who?

I think RB is an overrated position honestly. Not the importance of the position, but the fact that there are a ton of RB's out there that are good enough to win with. At Syracuse, even during the lean years, the RB position has been largely adequate to above adequate.

Better option than who?

Better option than Damone Drew

The most absurd comment of the year hardly. You must not spend any time on the BB forum.

The coach is an extremely knowledgeable and reliable poster. I put stock in what he posts.

You clearly have absolutely no idea whatsoever you are talking about. He has probably spoken with more recruits in the past week than most people will in their entire lives.

Money is as solid a poster as there has ever been on this board or any other.

You might wanna shut your trap and listen...or read and learn somthing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom