RB's | Syracusefan.com

RB's

Cuse4Life

Walk On
So i was thinking about this alot lately...I know Ryan Nassib has improved alot but I dont think he can shoulder the load offensively. When we get into 3rd and long, we rarely ever convert.

So i was thinking, we should run AAM for 20-25 carries a game and have him just wear down the opponents front 7 with just a grind it out game for the first three quarters. Enter Bailey in as a guy that can be in passing downs and outside the tackles guy. I just feel like Bailey doesnt wear down the D like Carter did for us last year. That is why having a big bruising back can help because it slows down the pass-rush and wears down the D-front 7 and will allow our o-line to actually get some momentum against the front 7.

I know Marrone is worried about his weight, but now that you have exhausted his redshirt, we mine as well ride his back and see what he has...Im not in full out panic mode, i just think we have relied on running ball as our MO and now we have turned into a scat-back, pass the ball 5-9 yrds and hope and pray when we have to get back to the grind it out, pound it out

So i was thinking about this alot lately...I know Ryan Nassib has improved alot but I dont think he can shoulder the load offensively. When we get into 3rd and long, we rarely ever convert.

So i was thinking, we should run AAM for 20-25 carries a game and have him just wear down the opponents front 7 with just a grind it out game for the first three quarters. Enter Bailey in as a guy that can be in passing downs and outside the tackles guy. I just feel like Bailey doesnt wear down the D like Carter did for us last year. That is why having a big bruising back can help because it slows down the pass-rush and wears down the D-front 7 and will allow our o-line to actually get some momentum against the front 7.

I know Marrone is worried about his weight, but now that you have exhausted his redshirt, we mine as well ride his back and see what he has...Im not in full out panic mode, i just think we have relied on running ball as our MO and now we have turned into a scat-back, pass the ball 5-9 yrds and hope and pray when we have to get back to the grind it out, pound it out
i think our biggest issue is marrone is so worried of an injury to Nassib that he does not allow him to run ever-- with our talent it is difficult to win when your Qb is not allowed to leave the pocket

3 and outs don't wear down the opponent - you need a dominating offensive line for that strategy to work - and if you recall the last 5 games of the regular season last year (when SU had a bigger/stronger center and an older/stronger RB) the SU OLine wasn't capable of wearing down the opponent. It was painful to watch, resulted in losses anyway and I hope to god they don't try going that route again this year.

I think that we should throw the ball 50 times tomorrow and go out of a no huddle and shot gun most of the game. Do what Wake did to us. Mix it up and have a chance. If we try and pound the ball fine but if so than to your point stick to it. our current mix is not going to produce anything against the WV D they will commit to stop the run and we have to be prepared to throw and throw alot. I also want to see about 5 deep balls on first down. We need to push the play and try and keep them off their game otherwise we will get our asses handed to us.

i'll say this for the 42nd time, open the offense up like we did vs usc for the first half. We did not play scared and nassib looked as calm as I have ever seen him. The usc defense is jsut as good as wvu, and technically we don't have anything to lsoe they are the 13th best team int he country, I guess. However, this is a ENORMOUS GAME for the current marrone tenure when we reflect back after year 3.

i think our biggest issue is marrone is so worried of an injury to Nassib that he does not allow him to run ever-- with our talent it is difficult to win when your Qb is not allowed to leave the pocket

Unless they switched uniforms, it was Nassib that ran for a TD against Tulane on a designed read-option.

And our efficiency on 3rd down has improved greatly in the last 3 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom