RE: those Big East logos on the baseline... | Syracusefan.com

RE: those Big East logos on the baseline...

jekelish

Living Legend
Could the people who were convinced those were holographic images that were only on TV please let me know where you get your weed, and how much they charge?

i noticed last night that they were decals but man they played with me for about 3 minutes

My TV is > 20 years old. It is 26". If u think I can tell a holograph from a decal then I want to know what you are smokin'.

My TV is > 20 years old. It is 26". If u think I can tell a holograph from a decal then I want to know what you are smokin'.
You are missing out on so much! Ill let you know once I get my upgrade this year and cycle a tv out.

Could the people who were convinced those were holographic images that were only on TV please let me know where you get your weed, and how much they charge?

If you ever visit Denver, I'll hook you up for free. Otherwise it's generally $35/8th and falling fairly rapidly. Kind of like shopping and picking out your favorite beer or wine, other than it being healthier than them(not that I don't enjoy them more, personally). Ah, if Americans only cared a little more about states' rights regarding the plethora of other abuses the federal government inflicts upon us, you would see the marketplace of competing ideas amongst states as our founders intended. This film is a good a place to start as any: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/america-freedom-to-fascism/

As for the logos, I honestly didn't notice them.

When HDTV first entered my house (2000 - Dallas area) it was jawsdropping. Most of us now consider HD to be the norm and expect it in all of our viewing locations around the house.

It's way past time for you to replace your heavy monster with something more modern.
Even an inexpensive 720p unit will be a huge upgrade (provided it's fed with a proper signal).
You're missing a lot!

I thought they were the best I can remember ever seeing! At first I thought I was seeing things and kept trying to look at them on out of bounds plays.

I felt like I was back in Boulder in 1974. I was worried that the players would trip over them... no pun intended.

I thought they were the best I can remember ever seeing! At first I thought I was seeing things and kept trying to look at them on out of bounds plays.

They probably look irrelevant live, but it was a cool effect watching the logo on TV.

Raptors have had this affect on their court for the last two seasons. They got the idea from several European Basketball teams that have been doing it for a lot longer. I'm sure they stole the idea from someone else.
Toronto+raptors+anamorphic+optical+illusion.jpg

You are missing out on so much! Ill let you know once I get my upgrade this year and cycle a tv out.

When HDTV first entered my house (2000 - Dallas area) it was jawsdropping. Most of us now consider HD to be the norm and expect it in all of our viewing locations around the house.

It's way past time for you to replace your heavy monster with something more modern.
Even an inexpensive 720p unit will be a huge upgrade (provided it's fed with a proper signal).
You're missing a lot!

Ha thanks for the info. I'll get around to replacing it someday. I just pretty much watch TV for SU fball and bball. The picture is getting kind of dark so I don't think it will last much longer anyway. :)

If you ever visit Denver, I'll hook you up for free. Otherwise it's generally $35/8th and falling fairly rapidly. Kind of like shopping and picking out your favorite beer or wine, other than it being healthier than them(not that I don't enjoy them more, personally). Ah, if Americans only cared a little more about states' rights regarding the plethora of other abuses the federal government inflicts upon us, you would see the marketplace of competing ideas amongst states as our founders intended. This film is a good a place to start as any: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/america-freedom-to-fascism/

As for the logos, I honestly didn't notice them.
My God, with prices that low we could we could make a killing out here!

Raptors have had this affect on their court for the last two seasons. They got the idea from several European Basketball teams that have been doing it for a lot longer. I'm sure they stole the idea from someone else.
Toronto+raptors+anamorphic+optical+illusion.jpg
Excellent pic!

More importantly is: "What is the point of trying to establish the Big East brand at the of the end of conference's life?"

Is it to try and pump up the value for the C7+2 that will essentially buy the Big East name?

The C7+2 won't be "Big" and it won't be all that "East" either with Xavier and Creighton and Butler and maybe St Louis.

The Big East is DEAD Gone! Kaput! No Syracuse. No Pitt. No WVU. No BC. (Not even lowly Rutgers who rarely participated in the Big East Tourney.) And these fools are advertising the thing.

Just because there is money on a budget, doesn't mean you have to spend it.

It's as if the Big East promotion department never got the memo.

Ahhhh, guys, don't bother with all that. We are going out of business. We are going to cease to exist.

They are like the insane and disconnected marketing department of a hotel that has burned down and is still running ads as the few dying embers of the hotel are burning out.

Ha thanks for the info. I'll get around to replacing it someday. I just pretty much watch TV for SU fball and bball. The picture is getting kind of dark so I don't think it will last much longer anyway. :)
Trust me, if anything is worth watching in HD, it's sports. When I got my plasma it was right in the middle of football season and I have never watched so much football in my life. It's glorious.

My God, with prices that low we could we could make a killing out here!

Yes, sometimes I have bad thoughts ;) top shelf too, not midgrade!

Seriously though, it's one small example that life and this country doesn't need to be what we accept just because of tradition and what special interests(in this case case alcohol, tobacco, big pharma, the CIA, etc) force upon us. People in this country have lost the ability to dream beyond what we currently see.

On that note, I am dreaming we can take out Georgetown.

On another note, now that people mentioned the logos I actually paid attention and heck yeah, they do look trippy, even though I am being completely straight edge(no caffeine even) for at least lent and probably longer.

More importantly is: "What is the point of trying to establish the Big East brand at the of the end of conference's life?"

Is it to try and pump up the value for the C7+2 that will essentially buy the Big East name?

The C7+2 won't be "Big" and it won't be all that "East" either with Xavier and Creighton and Butler and maybe St Louis.

The Big East is DEAD Gone! Kaput! No Syracuse. No Pitt. No WVU. No BC. (Not even lowly Rutgers who rarely participated in the Big East Tourney.) And these fools are advertising the thing.

Ahhhh, guys, don't bother with all that. We are going out of business. We are going to cease to exist.

They are like the insane and disconnected marketing department of a hotel that has burned down and is still running ads as the few dying embers of the hotel are burning out.
Big East Advertising Slogan # 1 - "We're a Day Late & Dollar Short" or #2
"We're the Big East - we're BIG, but we're slow.

Ugh I hate those logos. Ive hated watching them as the Knicks played the Raptors these past years. At least the Raptors have some color in them, not just a random black and white logo with no creativity...ahem Big East.

Those baseline decals shouldn't have cost more than $100 to produce and thats probably at least $99 too much.

townie, the more $$$ the current BE spends, the less their will be left over to give to the useless Fn storz football program after the split.

spend spend spend.

i want a new floor for the next 3 games. just take it out tonight after 9 and leave it on 32nd st for the street cleaners. take the next one out at 1130 and set it up outside the Lincoln Tunnel so we have something do when stuck in traffic.

lets buy solid gold seats to install and leave them at the Garden. the ones where the Syracuse heirarchy of nancy, the good dr, CTO, DC, Billy and the Dynamic Duo of Wallace & Tomcat sit.

lets barely leave bus fare for the bastards.

Oh Lord

townie, the more $$$ the current BE spends, the less their will be left over to give to the useless Fn storz football program after the split.

spend spend spend.

i want a new floor for the next 3 games. just take it out tonight after 9 and leave it on 32nd st for the street cleaners. take the next one out at 1130 and set it up outside the Lincoln Tunnel so we have something do when stuck in traffic.

lets buy solid gold seats to install and leave them at the Garden. the ones where the Syracuse heirarchy of nancy, the good dr, CTO, DC, Billy and the Dynamic Duo of Wallace & Tomcat sit.

lets barely leave bus fare for the bastards.

Oh Lord

Put THAT way, I am with you 100%. Dom Perignon for everyone! And some nice handkerchiefs for our buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom