Reacher | Syracusefan.com

Reacher

upperdeck

Living Legend
no one talking about this new Prime series?

This has been so good.

This new guy brings size back to the char. and the depth of the story being told over 8 episodes helps so much with how much gets lost trying to do these books in a movie setting..

20+ books in the series, I hope we get to see 5+ seasons of this.

This has been so good.

This new guy brings size back to the char. and the depth of the story being told over 8 episodes helps so much with how much gets lost trying to do these books in a movie setting..

Is it following a book or is it telling its own story?

its pretty much starting from book 1 but also doing it a bit more modern take with Reacher being more of a 2000 military man and not one of the 80s. he knows what cellphones are and how to drive in this version.

amazon has done well with Bosch, Jack Ryan, Reacher with Book to TV

maybe they could get into some of the Clive Cussler now or John Sandford

I love it so far! So awesome main character was Thad from Blue Mountain State a very good underrated comedy IMO.

Ok, so... I just gotta ask, are there some pretty heavy homoerotic undertones to things for Jack Reacher fans?

Because EVERY article I saw about this show made a whole deal out of "don't worry Reacher fans, we cast a BIG MAN this time. And I mean this guy is HUGE - you spoke and we listened. You demanded a STRONG, LARGE MAN, and we (and he) are giving it to you."

And yeah, it's been about that subtle.

Ok, so... I just gotta ask, are there some pretty heavy homoerotic undertones to things for Jack Reacher fans?

Because EVERY article I saw about this show made a whole deal out of "don't worry Reacher fans, we cast a BIG MAN this time. And I mean this guy is HUGE - you spoke and we listened. You demanded a STRONG, LARGE MAN, and we (and he) are giving it to you."

Umm no.

This has been so good.

Good suggestion

Ha. In the books Reacher is a big, physically imposing dude. It’s quite explicit that he’s 6’5” if I recall, its a big part of his character. And then in the movie from 10 years ago they cast all 5’6” of Tom freaking cruise.

they didnt really cast Cruise.. he was the reason the movies got made because he was in it.. He played the Char well.. It just wasnt the book.. But reality is more people watched the movie than probably ever read the books and most of them have no idea what the char was supposed to look like.

but size is used alot in the books and that all had to be removed in the movies..

This new guys isnt 6-5 either but he looks like to 2 Cruises put together.

I did read a review about how they changed the Roscoe char to a girl and wondered what book that reviewer read.

Ha. In the books Reacher is a big, physically imposing dude. It’s quite explicit that he’s 6’5” if I recall, its a big part of his character. And then in the movie from 10 years ago they cast all 5’6” of Tom freaking cruise.
Ah ok.

they didnt really cast Cruise.. he was the reason the movies got made because he was in it.. He played the Char well.. It just wasnt the book.. But reality is more people watched the movie than probably ever read the books and most of them have no idea what the char was supposed to look like.

but size is used alot in the books and that all had to be removed in the movies..

This new guys isnt 6-5 either but he looks like to 2 Cruises put together.

I did read a review about how they changed the Roscoe char to a girl and wondered what book that reviewer read.
Close enough for the movies. 'Reacher': How Tall Is Jack Reacher Actor Alan Ritchson?

I thought Cruise captured the essence of Reacher
His mom has been perfectly cast, IMO.

The Diana Capri Reacher books are fun

I love it so far! So awesome main character was Thad from Blue Mountain State a very good underrated comedy IMO.
Was watching the hunger games this weekend and saw he had been in that as well. Was a previous Victor from district 2. Always find it interesting when you go back and watch a movie or show years later and see familiar faces from before they were famous.

3B0B91EE-65A7-41B1-AFA6-F4C8CB391E9C.jpeg

Was watching the hunger games this weekend and saw he had been in that as well. Was a previous Victor from district 2. Always find it interesting when you go back and watch a movie or show years later and see familiar faces from before they were famous.

View attachment 227311
He was Aquaman on the show Smallville too.

View attachment 227311
He also had a micro peen on New Girl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom