Reading tigernet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Reading tigernet

Love the hostility, but by my count there's only three true haters over there. Need more haters and need the hate to be real and intense. I wish I could think of a way...

Love the hostility, but by my count there's only three true haters over there. Need more haters and need the hate to be real and intense. I wish I could think of a way...

A Marvin Graves type play where he spiked the ball off from a WVU helmet type of event might do it between Clemson and Syracuse. I can see Dungey doing a Marvin thing

I don’t think many Clemson football fans think they have anything to worry about Syracuse. They think last year was a fluke.

Well, you really can't blame them...the fact is we did lose ALL of our remaining games afterwards. If we somehow can pull the upset again this year, they'll respect us then, and rightfully so.

if you told someone that in 3 yrs we would beat Clem/VT/FSU would you have believed if came while not winning more than 4 games a yr? Just shows you little margin from really good to below avg is.

Very true. However, jamming at the line can backfire if the receiver gets loose and the safeties are up. This will be our first test for some of our young receivers. Custis seems to drop the same type of pass - the over the shoulder on a dead run kind - he makes the tough catches. Go figure.
I noticed that too. The deep catches he made on the Devito throws, I believe he turned to face the ball to catch it. I think it's easier to look the ball into your hands that way. Hopefully he straightens that out soon.

Well, 41-0, but what's a TD and two-point conversion amongst friends? :)
The refs stole that score from us. One of the few games I have ever missed. I was on a plane coming back from Hawaii.

For anyone who has never tailgated at Clemson, I highly recommend it. They give us scrappy seats but the rest of the experience is worth the trip.

Hoping to be down there in 2020. I didn't plan ahead of time.

A few on TigerNet seem to want us banished from the ACC. I guess they are to young to remember when Syracuse would take anyone on and win too.

ACC Expansion?

It's not that as much as there are a large number of Tiger fans who would like to see conference affiliations go back to being defined by their regions - and some of them couldn't give you an intelligent reason for what they think if you tortured them.

My personal preference would be to blow up the entire power 5 architecture and create 6 new 14 team divisions or conferences. That would require resurrecting a good portion of the old Big East. The end game would be an eight team playoff that includes the 6 conference winners plus two at large spots for the highest ranked conference championship game losers. No independents and no team skating in without playing in their championship game. TV revenue would be evenly divided among all six conferences.

A structure like that would bring more parity to the game and rebuild many regional rivalries that have gone by the wayside in recent years.

Tear it apart guys. It's not going to happen anyway.

It's not that as much as there are a large number of Tiger fans who would like to see conference affiliations go back to being defined by their regions - and some of them couldn't give you an intelligent reason for what they think if you tortured them.

My personal preference would be to blow up the entire power 5 architecture and create 6 new 14 team divisions or conferences. That would require resurrecting a good portion of the old Big East. The end game would be an eight team playoff that includes the 6 conference winners plus two at large spots for the highest ranked conference championship game losers. No independents and no team skating in without playing in their championship game. TV revenue would be evenly divided among all six conferences.

A structure like that would bring more parity to the game and rebuild many regional rivalries that have gone by the wayside in recent years.

Like you said - not going to happen.

This is pretty much what some posters on this board (rrlbees , myself, and others) have advocated, only in some cases the numbers were 4x16, instead of your 6x14.

I think to a degree it’s understandable that the Clemson fans are relishing in opportunity for revenge. That being said, I do think Coach Sweeney will have his team fired up and come out guns blazing. It will be interesting to see if Syracuse can weather the storm and keep it close. I hope we can; I’m not expecting a miracle though.

This is pretty much what some posters on this board (rrlbees , myself, and others) have advocated, only in some cases the numbers were 4x16, instead of your 6x14.

I went with 6x14 because I believe there are at least 84 programs who might field at least one playoff participant in any 10 year period. This would be even more likely with TV money being distributed evenly across the country - and better for national TV ratings. Also, 6 conferences allows for better defined regional identity which I think would make the game more appealing to fans.

This is probably the end game, whether anyone likes it or not. The conferences must prop up the weaker (PAC12because nobody east of the Rockies cares about them) and the Big12 (because there simply is not enough population to justify roughly equal payments based on the current economic models). Once the conferences/schools realize this fact, and the fact they have been underpaid for decades by the networks, the reality is the agreement will likely move towards the professional sports TV models. All teams get the same share of the basic deal.

Once that agreement is in place, restoring the regional alignments becomes easy, cost effective (does anyone really believe WVU to Lubbock, Iowa, etc., is easier than to Pitt, PSU and SU? Or, UNL to Rutgers?), and much more interesting to the fan (who can travel regionally much better).

This will take a couple decades, though. For now, everyone likes to think they are giving other conferences the shaft.

I like a rule that says you can’t go to play football in the state you’re from or any other state that borders on the state you are from. Now that will get rid of regionalism LOL

I'll preface my comment by saying that when I come here I don't read or reply to posts that are not Clemson related. That's why you only see me one week a year (hard to believe this makes SIX years I've been coming!). But in that context, I have never experienced any Tigernet style fringe lunacy on this board. I always assumed it was because the mods on this board kept a tighter rein on the content.
We have a 250 page thread dedicated to Rutgers. We don’t exactly have a shortage of fringe lunacy.

For anyone who has never tailgated at Clemson, I highly recommend it. They give us scrappy seats but the rest of the experience is worth the trip.
Clemson actually gives a pretty good number of great, lower deck seats to visiting fans.

I don’t think many Clemson football fans think they have anything to worry about Syracuse. They think last year was a fluke.
It was a fluke. But it’s repeatable. Y’all have a good QB (I’m assuming Dungey is back), and an offensive system that is hard on our defensive play caller because he likes to make the call after the offense is lined up. Y’all also look to have a good DL.

A repeat may not be as likely as a Friday night road game with an injured QB1, but Clemson needs to be fully engaged.

This is probably the end game, whether anyone likes it or not. The conferences must prop up the weaker (PAC12because nobody east of the Rockies cares about them) and the Big12 (because there simply is not enough population to justify roughly equal payments based on the current economic models). Once the conferences/schools realize this fact, and the fact they have been underpaid for decades by the networks, the reality is the agreement will likely move towards the professional sports TV models. All teams get the same share of the basic deal.

Once that agreement is in place, restoring the regional alignments becomes easy, cost effective (does anyone really believe WVU to Lubbock, Iowa, etc., is easier than to Pitt, PSU and SU? Or, UNL to Rutgers?), and much more interesting to the fan (who can travel regionally much better).

This will take a couple decades, though. For now, everyone likes to think they are giving other conferences the shaft.

Was just reading this article yesterday about the dilemma of the PAC 12 in Football and Basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom