Ready for a Girard/Richmond statistic that will blow your mind? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ready for a Girard/Richmond statistic that will blow your mind?

lol. Now turnovers don’t matter? I was told they did. And in case you missed it, it was in reply to the title of this thread. And Griff and Q led in most of those things. Is anyone screaming about Griff?
Michael Carter Williams SO Year TOV% - 22.2%

Scoop Jardine SR Year TOV% - 22.1%

TOV% doesn't matter as much as you had hoped it would, Mr. Contrarian.

Kadary could score from all 3 levels in highschool. He wasn't known as a knockdown shooter like JG3/Buddy were coming into college but for some reason there was this belief that he couldn't shoot a lick...and that was never true. Not saying he's the guy I'd want bombing threes all game but he was definitely tentative in his style of play if you've watched anything hes done before college.

Kadary could score from all 3 levels in highschool. He wasn't known as a knockdown shooter like JG3/Buddy were coming into college but for some reason there was this belief that he couldn't shoot a lick...and that was never true. Not saying he's the guy I'd want bombing threes all game but he was definitely tentative in his style of play if you've watched anything hes done before college.
He was tentative because the head coach would scream at him if he took a shot that was outside 2 feet. Unlike the other guy.

He was tentative because the head coach would scream at him if he took a shot that was outside 2 feet. Unlike the other guy.
100% JB gives some guys the green light and others don't get that. I understand why he coaches this way but sometimes when guys have open looks and in the flow of offense you just have to take those good looks. If someone is always thinking about getting yanked for taking a good look (but might miss) then hes playing tentative and scared.

LOL

in HS he was a SF. Moved to a combo in prep school and then PG.

lol. Now turnovers don’t matter? I was told they did. And in case you missed it, it was in reply to the title of this thread. And Griff and Q led in most of those things. Is anyone screaming about Griff?

this is a Joe/Kadary thread. Kadary is smashing him in most categories, especially ones that, imo, are very important to overall efficiency and quality of play.

Joe is directly taking his minutes.

And to your point about AG and Q leading most of those categories, they both start!

The point is Kadary is not starting.

Again, just let me know which % of D1 coaches would take Kadary vs Joe in a draft.

no one wants to answer and we all know why.

Joe is better at taking care of the ball than many here give him credit for. That said. He’s a 2g playing out of position.
He is a two guard playing out of position.

What does that have to do with his shooting ability? He broke down guys off the dribble and was also able to knock down his shot from outside. You can go a few years back and watch him do this.

it supports what you said. Some of you try too hard.

this is a Joe/Kadary thread. Kadary is smashing him in most categories, especially ones that, imo, are very important to overall efficiency and quality of play.

And to your point about AG and Q leading most of those categories, they both start!

Again, just let me know which % of D1 coaches would take Kadary vs Joe in a draft.

yes, it’s a Joe/Kadary thread and surprising stats between the 2. Just like the title says and the OP pointed out. I listed one too. But since you chose to change the subject, I did too.

Yea you lost me :)

he wasn’t always a PG. playing SF and then as a combo he had to be a scorer and shooter too. So he took those skills when he was moved to a full time PG.

he wasn’t always a PG. playing SF and then as a combo he had to be a scorer and shooter too. So he took those skills when he was moved to a full time PG.
Gotchya!

I think this team would of been better overall at the guard positions if there was a better rotation between the three guards. I know JB is always going to play Buddy 37 minutes a game and if he is on fire like the first two tournament games then I'm all for it. But if Buddy plays like he did yesterday and many other games this year this rotation would benefit the team and keep them all fresh:
Buddy = 32 mpg and starts
Kadary = 28 mpg and starts
Joe = 20 mpg and subs for both the 1 & 2
I think this rotation could work next year if they all are back and JB could rest Buddy 4 minutes each half :)

It doesn‘t matter what any of us think. JB plays the guys he thinks gives him the best chance to win. That may mean Joe or Kadary plays anywhere between 15-35 minutes. Buddy will not play less than 35. If Joe or Kadary doesn’t think thats workable, they will both be in the portal. I would guess one or the other leaves.

It doesn‘t matter what any of us think. JB plays the guys he thinks gives him the best chance to win. That may mean Joe or Kadary plays anywhere between 15-35 minutes. Buddy will not play less than 35. If Joe or Kadary doesn’t think thats workable, they will both be in the portal. I would guess one or the other leaves.
Buddy at 35+ is nonsense. But it never hurts to have a dad for a coach. I don’t even think Carmelo Anthony played 35+.

If Richmond leaves, we won’t successfully replace him until Buddy graduates.

I promise you're not ready for this. Stats courtesy of sports-reference.com.

Joe Girard 20-21 3 point % = 33.3
Kadary Richmond 20-21 3 point % = ... (wait for it) ... 33.3

Joe Girard freshman year 3 point % = 32.4

Now, I know, small samples sizes and whatnot with Kadary, plus it was extremely unexpected he'd go 3 for 3 from deep in the tournament, yadda yadda yadda.

And yet... there may be more to work with when it comes to Kadary's deep ball than we think at first.

Kadary took less 3s than you would in the 3 point shooting contest. Based on him going 7 for 21, there is a wide variation of outcomes if he shot the 150 3pa that Girard did. There is a 21% chance that he would make a quarter or less, with Girard there would just be a 4% chance.

TOV% matters. In context. I don’t think I’d use a raw number to represent the truth of the matter, though.

As noted above, KaDary is doing more with the dribble and the passes. Higher reward, higher risk. And I expect that more minutes and experience would lessen his turnovers.

Kadary’s 3pt percentage is relevant because it illustrates he plays with recognition of what makes him a more efficient scorer. Joe is a shotgunner. Volume, volume, volume. But, you need both of them.

If you really want to know that bad I would shoot Jeff Goodman an email that fluckin loser has the time do to the poll for you

I think the idea that he ‘couldn’t shoot a lick’ came from a few posters noting that he had ‘bad form’ that needed to be corrected, and then the story expanded from there. I don’t think those comments were actually based on his actual HS shooting percentages—just the look of the shot.