Ready for a Girard/Richmond statistic that will blow your mind? | Syracusefan.com

Ready for a Girard/Richmond statistic that will blow your mind?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I promise you're not ready for this. Stats courtesy of sports-reference.com.

Joe Girard 20-21 3 point % = 33.3
Kadary Richmond 20-21 3 point % = ... (wait for it) ... 33.3

Joe Girard freshman year 3 point % = 32.4

Now, I know, small samples sizes and whatnot with Kadary, plus it was extremely unexpected he'd go 3 for 3 from deep in the tournament, yadda yadda yadda.

And yet... there may be more to work with when it comes to Kadary's deep ball than we think at first.

Kadarys shot got noticeably better and I do think he can be a competent shooter with some work.

but those stats are meaningless - teams were literally daring Kadary to shoot 3s and even though Joe struggled, teams wer still pushing up on him pretty hard.

The looks from 3 each player got weren’t comparable

Kadarys shot got noticeably better and I do think he can be a competent shooter with some work.

but those stats are meaningless - teams were literally daring Kadary to shoot 3s and even though Joe struggled, teams wer still pushing up on him pretty hard.

I would also say the best player to get our shooters looks is Kadary Richmond, and Kadary can't benefit from those looks. Other players need to set up his shot.

I would also say the best player to get our shooters looks is Kadary Richmond, and Kadary can't benefit from those looks. Other players need to set up his shot.
Yes but teams were literally leaving him open from 3...

Now, I know, small samples sizes and whatnot with Kadary, plus it was extremely unexpected he'd go 3 for 3 from deep in the tournament, yadda yadda yadda.

And yet... there may be more to work with when it comes to Kadary's deep ball than we think at first.
Saw that earlier comparing their numbers. Kadary is shooting the amount he should, Joe is taking far too many.

Joe would shoot at a solid clip if he took the awful shots out of his bag of tricks.

Last year (no Covid excuses), who were opposing perimeter defenders focusing on?

All im saying is the quality of looks were totally different. Joe had bad shot selection all year

All im saying is the quality of looks were totally different. Joe had bad shot selection all year
I agree with you on both points. I feel it's kind of weird with Joe. He makes enough of his bad shots that he feels confident taking them. But I also think he doesn't make enough of his good shots to feel comfortable taking bad shots, if that makes sense.

want another one? TOV%. Joe 17.3. K 20.8.

Joe is better at taking care of the ball than many here give him credit for. That said. He’s a 2g playing out of position.

want another one? TOV%. Joe 17.3. K 20.8.
Things that may you go hmmm. That's a surprising stat for sure, I'm surprised by that. However, as Samspann pointed out, Kadary is actually making something happen usually. I'll take that all day and week long over the alternative. That said, there is definitely room for improvement for sure, especially if he gets the starting job next year which I hope he does.

He’s already a competent shooter. He’ll only get better.

JB has repeatedly said Kadary has a good shot and can make open 3s. He also said he’s got a chance to really improve his jump shot in the off season. The fundamentals are all there.

Again, just tell me what % of D1 coaches would take Kadary or Joe in a draft.

Still waiting. Third thread.

Kadary beats him in PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/40, OBPM, DBPM, BPM.

But, hey, TO%. Even though when we need to get a ball across half court, JB brings in Kadary.

Good on Kadary working with GMac on his shot. It’s looking good.

But, hey, TO%. Even though when we need to get a ball across half court, JB brings in Kadary.

i think it’s pretty obvious to anyone who doesn’t have an agenda that Kadary should have played the most mins at PG for this team for the year.

that being said...maybe Jim knows something we don’t, like maybe one will be here next year and one won’t...and it played into who played the most minutes. We can all only guess.

lol. Now turnovers don’t matter? I was told they did. And in case you missed it, it was in reply to the title of this thread. And Griff and Q led in most of those things. Is anyone screaming about Griff?

One, who is in the Hall of fame, that we know for sure.

lol. Now turnovers don’t matter? I was told they did. And in case you missed it, it was in reply to the title of this thread. And Griff and Q led in most of those things. Is anyone screaming about Griff?

Did you miss the Griff threads?