Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow

He's been injured the last couple weeks hasn't he? It really blows though that when we trade punts with teams that we are giving up 20 yards in field position.
It does but he wasn't kicking well pre injury. Hope we bring in another punter for next year.

Can't let this kid have a 10 - 13 type of passing first half. Need to disrupt him, and not let him get into a groove. Hit him early and often.

Hoping we are able to move the sticks consistently like we did against FSU and WF, despite their defensive talent. Really hoping our banged up OL -- Davis, Bleich, Servais, Bergeron -- can gut it out today and perform at a high level.

And that we win the turnover battle.
I assume you mean 10 completions for 13 yards in the first half? I'd probably say more like 7 or 8 completions for 13 yards to be honest...

I assume you mean 10 completions for 13 yards in the first half? I'd probably say more like 7 or 8 completions for 13 yards to be honest...

Was referring to completions / attempts. Your QB has struggled with consistency -- don't want to see him get into a groove.

So, Wake's D is "not good"?

FSU's pass D is not good, but their DL and run D were/are excellent.

I get that Clemson's D has a lot of talent, the DE's and LB's in particular.
But, clearly they aren't unbeatable.
I don't know if Wake's D is good. They kept Virginia in check, who's been putting points up. Louiville put 34 on them and we put 34 on them in regulation. Maybe they're good.

I don't know what FSU is. Does anyone conclusively know what they are yet?

Please tell me where I said Clemson was unbeatable.

You seemed to have a strong reaction to my post. I said I don't know what to expect. I guess you do. I suppose this team has no question marks for you.

No, it’s a stupid statement. It’s the same as when people are like “Well let’s focus on the next game before thinking ahead” it doesn’t matter what we do, we can talk about anything in anyway.

To be fair, that’s the point of the msg board. Really.

Ohh, I thought we were talking about QB pressure and sacks. 13 pressures and 10 sacks in the first half. 7-8 is more realistic though.

I don't know if Wake's D is good. They kept Virginia in check, who's been putting points up. Louiville put 34 on them and we put 34 on them in regulation. Maybe they're good.

I don't know what FSU is. Does anyone conclusively know what they are yet?

Please tell me where I said Clemson was unbeatable.

You seemed to have a strong reaction to my post. I said I don't know what to expect. I guess you do. I suppose this team has no question marks for you.
Wakes D is below avg
FSU's D is about the same
Clemson's D is top 5 and elite

I don't have a lot of faith that Shrader can stay healthy running the ball 29 times. He was knocked around a lot last week. Looked like a heavy weight fighter going into the 12th round.
From listening to Dabo's PC earlier in the week, it sounded like the focus of the game plan was to limit Shrader's rushing yardage. Of course he talked about Tucker too, but he kept going back again and again to how important it would be to tackle Shrader in space and get him "on the ground."

Shrader will be the focus. Not sure how well he will do with a 25+ carry night vs that D.

Think we'll cover but hard for me to be optimistic enough for a win. Have the same feeling I did before FSU, thought we'd bounce back vs Wake but that didn't happen either

From listening to Dabo's PC earlier in the week, it sounded like the focus of the game plan was to limit Shrader's rushing yardage. Of course he talked about Tucker too, but he kept going back again and again to how important it would be to tackle Shrader in space and get him "on the ground."

Shrader will be the focus. Not sure how well he will do with a 25+ carry night vs that D.
3 to 1 odds that Skalski has a dirty hit

What are everyone's expectations for tomorrow? Are you guys expecting a close game, home team blowout, a game so boring that no one watches the second half, etc.

I fully expect Clemson to continue to look like the bad news bears with:
1. Multiple three and outs
2. An offense that runs the same 6 plays
3. Tony Elliott to look absolutely clueless when the camera pans to him in the box
4. The defense to be on the field for 40+ minutes
5. Dabo saying at halftime we need to make adjustments and then not make any adjustments

Just a few off the top of my head...

Fans are fans.

1634328566319.png