Realistic win/loss record for the next 3? | Syracusefan.com

Realistic win/loss record for the next 3?

2-3zone

2nd String
Take off your orange colored glasses and put down the orange Kool-Aid and what do you really think will happen in the next 3 games

Duke- Loss
Maryland- Loss
Virginia- Win

I think we will lose to Duke and Maryland but after a week off beat Virginia

We have a better chance of losing to Virginia than Maryland. But I think we beat Virginia and Maryland and lose to Duke in a close game.

without breaking out the individual games, most likely scenario is 1-2. lets say we win @maryland

Well, we should truly see what sort of triage coach JB is in these next three games.

He's got his work cut out for himself, as the confidence and focus of his team on the offensive end has unraveled and continues to degrade at an alarming rate.

Hoping his 40 yrs. of experience pays off in righting the ship...

But if I'm honest... Knowing how he lets his players players play and often grind through rough patches on their own, I can see things getting ugly before they get better... actually, the Boeheim team typical mid-year slide run is all the more worrying right now because it's not january (when we typically see the slump)

They need to fix it and fix it now...

No way we win them all... it's either going to be 1-2 or 2-1...I'll say 2-1 with my heart but I'm not very confident at all.

3-0 is realistic. It's on the optimistic side, but still well within the realm of possibility. Do you honestly think poeple would expect any 25-1 blue blood team to lose in this situation or consider it unrealistic to win 3 in a row? No. So, why should we?

3-0 is realistic. It's on the optimistic side, but still well within the realm of possibility. Do you honestly think poeple would expect any 25-1 blue blood team to lose in this situation or consider it unrealistic to win 3 in a row? No. So, why should we?

It's unrealistic because all the games are on the road and because we have not played well since Duke. 3-0 is a long shot IMO.

No way we win them all... it's either going to be 1-2 or 2-1...I'll say 2-1 with my heart but I'm not very confident at all.

if we beat duke i think we will. but i dont think we'll beat duke. so i dont think we will. got it? good

We've played successively worse every game since the last Duke game and lost last night to arguably the worst D1 major conference team in the land on our home court for the worst loss by a # 1 team in the history of the NCAA.

I like blind optimism, but I don't have yours...

I will say this, we play Sat. like we played last night, you can and should expect a 20+ point loss.

if we beat duke i think we will. but i dont think we'll beat duke. so i dont think we will. got it? good

I agree, thought the turnaround is quick to MD and we are already low on gasoline in the tank. And yeah, I have little faith in the team winning at Cameron the way they've been trending.

i guess it depends how you define unrealistic. Pomeroy has us 28% to win Saturday, 62% at Maryland, and 33% vs UVA. Gives you like a 5% chance to run the table. If you thought we were 50% to win every game, you're talking a one in eight chance of winning all 3.

Anything is realistic but I have a sinking feeling this team is going 0-3

It's unrealistic because all the games are on the road and because we have not played well since Duke. 3-0 is a long shot IMO.

Not in mine. This team has played to the level of the competition all year. We will not get blown out and I expect us to be on our A game against Duke.

I think the hostile environment will be more of a motivator than anything else. The refs on the other hand...

1-2.

There is no denying that we are playing really bad basketball right now. We escaped going 0-3 in our last 3 by the skin of our teeth.

Last edited:
We've played successively worse every game since the last Duke game and lost last night to arguably the worst D1 major conference team in the land on our home court for the worst loss by a # 1 team in the history of the NCAA.

I like blind optimism, but I don't have yours...

I will say this, we play Sat. like we played last night, you can and should expect a 20+ point loss.

We won't play on Saturday like we did last night, so no worries ;)

i think we lose to duke and beat virginia, they aint going 17-1 in the acc. maryland im not sure, its basically a coin flip game.

Okay, here's a hypothetical that I think is somewhat realistic. Let's say we go 1-2 in this stretch and then win our last 2. That puts us at 28-3. Then we win one ACC Tourney game and lose one, finishing at 29-4...what would that get us: a 2 seed? Would we slip to a high 3? I think we'd be a 2.

When baseball players are in a hitting slump, what's usually the game that breaks them out of it? Probably something along the lines of 3-4 with some RBI's.

Explain to me why Fair can't start nailing the jumpers he's hit his entire career and Cooney can't drain 3's like a boss and Ennis can't make Duke's PG's his b*tch all night long?

Okay, here's a hypothetical that I think is somewhat realistic. Let's say we go 1-2 in this stretch and then win our last 2. That puts us at 28-3. Then we win one ACC Tourney game and lose one, finishing at 29-4...what would that get us: a 2 seed? Would we slip to a high 3? I think we'd be a 2.

we are at worst a LOCK 2 in that scenario, with still an outside shot at a 1 depending on what other teams do. no chance we'd be a 3 with only 4 losses. in fact if you told me before the season we'd go 29-4 and 15-3 in acc id say we're a lock 1.

That is my line of thinking as well. I'll tell you this much, would much rather be a three in the East as opposed to a 2 out West. When we won it all in 2003, we were the 3 seed in the east. Pitt was the 2 seed out West I believe and they got ousted early. Not sure if I am correct on the specific region where Pitt was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom