Realistic win/loss record for the next 3? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Realistic win/loss record for the next 3?

The gloom and doom predictions here are curious. Every season we see the the inherent unpredictability of the game up close. How many thought SU would go into Louisville last season without Southerland and come out with a win? A few weeks later, how many had that team dead and buried after being dominated at home by Georgetown? Sure, few were expecting a home loss to BC, but strange things happen every year, with SU and other major programs.

This team starts four very good college basketball players, and has a few other guys capable of being difference makers in big games. I'm not ready to write them off in any of the next three games and believe they will battle hard in every one of them. If I had to guess, I'd say they come out 2-1 on the other end. But however it turns out, I'm hoping to see them play crisp basketball on both ends and come out healthy for the stretch run.

The gloom and doom predictions here are curious. Every season we see the the inherent unpredictability of the game up close. How many thought SU would go into Louisville last season without Southerland and come out with a win? A few weeks later, how many had that team dead and buried after being dominated at home by Georgetown? Sure, few were expecting a home loss to BC, but strange things happen every year, with SU and other major programs.

The 1-2 "doom & gloom" predictions don't have to mean the season is over. It's just being realistic. We're not gonna be favored @Maryland by anymore than we'll be an underdog @UVA; so without Orange glasses those two are a split.
Anything emotional fans may have reacted to last year doesn't change that - we were only a 2pt underdog in the 3rd Gtown game so it wasn't any kind of a shocker.

The 1-2 "doom & gloom" predictions don't have to mean the season is over. It's just being realistic. We're not gonna be favored @Maryland by anymore than we'll be an underdog @UVA; so without Orange glasses those two are a split.
Anything emotional fans may have reacted to last year doesn't change that - we were only a 2pt underdog in the 3rd Gtown game so it wasn't any kind of a shocker.

So, yeah, we were officially 1-2 in this stretch. 9 people predicted 1-2. I guess these are the ones we should be listening to.
The rest said 3-0, 2-1 or were too wishy-washy to predict anything.

So, yeah, we were officially 1-2 in this stretch. 9 people predicted 1-2. I guess these are the ones we should be listening to.
The rest said 3-0, 2-1 or were too wishy-washy to predict anything.

Yeah, what a bunch of idiots. 3-0, 2-1? They should be banned. :bang:

Yeah, what a bunch of idiots. 3-0, 2-1? They should be banned. :bang:

I'm not the type to send whiny PMs to the admins or ask for bans. Yet, I am also not going to listen to a stock broker who looks at a trend and an upcoming week and says "buy Yahoo, buy lots of Yahoo, b/c I bleed Yahoo".

After the BC beatdown, there was nothing realistic about predicting 3-0. I know, "realism is boring". And many people did not treat UVA with much respect for much of this conference season, which was just bad posting. I watched them once early, and thought they looked like a top-8 caliber team. And they have zero people on the all-anything lists. Their fans must be ecstatic.

I thought 2-1 or 1-2, so I am in the wishy washy group.

It's really just the 11 millionth example of the stat geeks being right; even though the pomeroys of the world take a beating from irate homers here and everywhere.

If someone can promise me Grant will return to form, I'd feel better now than I did after the BC game. We basically won 1.5 games on a brutal trip with one of our better players useless for 2games, so move along, nothing to see...
Yet so many people are freaking out now vs putting a positive spin on the most ghastly 2game stretch of the year by far in NIT St & BC (We WON the game! We weren't going undefeated! Look at this one close game Florida played on the road!).
Sports fans, sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom