Realistic win/loss record for the next 3? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Realistic win/loss record for the next 3?

1-2 and possibly 0-3. You can't make the players any less tired without a prolonged recovery period.

I'll be doing back flips if we get out of it 2-1. That'll mean we either have the inside track on the ACC, or swept Duke & have a stranglehold on a 1seed.
1-2 definitely seems most likely.

Okay, here's a hypothetical that I think is somewhat realistic. Let's say we go 1-2 in this stretch and then win our last 2. That puts us at 28-3. Then we win one ACC Tourney game and lose one, finishing at 29-4...what would that get us: a 2 seed? Would we slip to a high 3? I think we'd be a 2.

A 3 seed would be literally impossible. I think we would be on the cusp of being the last #1 or a high #2, and it would depend on what happens with other teams.

2-1 with the 1 at Duke. Even that game will be a nail biter and will go down to the wire. Either way, we will beat MD and UVA.

Duke won't slow us down and we will get to the basket just like game 1. MD will also play up tempo. UVA will effectively be for the regular season title. It's going to one hell of a week...

1win, 2 loses - I think we have been playing with fire for a while now and we are going to get a little crispy for a few games, not a great way to end the regular season but just what reality has in store for us, hope we learn from the lumps we take and come roaring back in the post regular season

You never want to lose a game like the one on Wed but I honestly think that now that the 1st loss is behind them(in a rock bottom sort of way), I think it will relieve a lot of the pressure of trying to stay undefeated off of this team and they will play more sound basketball. This team is not going to all of the sudden turn great offensively but their defense has kept them in every game and we know they can more than capable of closing well on close games. The Duke game is the only one where I have no idea what's going to happen but I think all the others are going to be close and come down to the end. I am very confident we beat UVA,...Maryland is the one that worries me.

Anything is realistic but I have a sinking feeling this team is going 0-3

It all comes down to how quickly and completely we snap out of it. W/out a Keita or a Duany etc I can see us going all hang-dog.
Fair's isos? He's been doing that too much all season.
Ennis is pressing more, which we all seem to want, but it's leading to mistakes.
Grant still takes way too crazy shots.
Cooney is treated weirdly in the rotation. Maybe due to Keita's injury, I don't know. He's the hardest worker, and should be rewarded. But he seems to not working off the ball with as much ferocity.

This could be the beginning of an epic fail, or...

We could nut up, and all start playing with the ferocity of Keita and Cooney and with the control of Ennis. Fair could return to an earlier year's form. Who knows? We could do as well as 2-1 or as bad as 0-3 and dropping out of the top 10.

Six players with minutes played and assists, (891-92), (758-57), (834-95),(837-35), (646-82), (741-51), match the players with the totals. The six players are Scoop Jardine, Trevor Cooney, Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche, Paul Harris and Dion Waiters.

It's almost impossible to win in Cameron. Plus the team is in a funk right now. Duke has so many weapons IMO they will be a FF team. I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled us by 20. But I think after that the team will snap back and win at MD in a tough close game and then go down and beat UVA.
Duke - L
Maryland - W
Virginia - W

What? 3-0. "Realistic?" Does that word regularly apply in sports? 3-0.

Edit: if we only played sports "on paper," we would never need to play the actual game.

I just want us to be competitive in every game. It may be mean 1-2, 2-1 or 3-0. I am not going to freak out about a 2 or 3 point loss in the Duke or UVa game.

Two losses by a total of 5 or 6 points is not going to make me feel bad about this team.

For months people defended our record, our schedule. For months we beat our chest about how good our freshman point guard is. People argued vehemently about foul calls and how we weren't lucky - we were good. Best start in school history.

And now, after the first loss - people are saying we can't win the next three? C'mon.

3-0. There is no taking off the orange glasses.

3-0. My orange glasses are welded on and I believe in this team today as much as I did after the Duke game. Realism is boring and never takes the sting off a loss, so why not be optimistic?

I'm thinking we go 2-1 not sure who we beat or lose to except we will beat Maryland.

3-0 - Just not at all realistic considering how this team can't throw the ball in the ocean right now

2-1 - I'd be thrilled

1-2 - Disappointing, but not much to worry about as long as they win the final two reg games

0-3 - *gulp*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom