Really encouraged by Riley | Syracusefan.com

Really encouraged by Riley

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I've been skeptical of Riley. He was pretty bad on kickoff returns last season. Hadn't shown much on offense. Changed the game with the botched punt return last week.

But he made things happen today, which was huge because it showed he could shake off the mistake from last game, and it showed that he's ready when his number is called because guys ahead of him on the depth chart aren't available.

That's what you hope to see out of a young guy. I still think he looks like a 12 year old out there, but he just might be quick enough to stay safe.

Great to see one of our young guys make some real strides.

You know, a lot of times when all people see is the guy struggle, they say (and have said about Riley) what do these coaches see in him? Why? Etc...

Well, everyone got a glimpse of what the coaches have seen for awhile yesterday. Yes he's undersized, but man, when he hits a crease watch out. Appears to have them sticky's too.

Last edited:
His vision on kickoff returns has improved a lot. Lustig gets some credit too, I think.

I've been so tough on him since last year. Definitely was 1 of the people saying, "Why is he out there? He can't play at this level. He's too small." Last night he showed why. We needed someone to make plays and that kid did it. Would love to see more of that!

You know, a lot of times when all people see is the guy struggle, they say (and have said about Riley) what do these coaches see in him? Why? Etc...

Well, everyone got a glimpse of what the coaches have seen for awhile yesterday. Yes he's undersized, but man, when he hits a crease watch out. Appears to have them sticky's too.
Agreed. I mean wasn't he going to Arizona?

I'm thrilled on well he played...you could see the confidence oozing out of him as the game went on. He seems to be a player that can catch a long toss as well which too many are struggling with and the diving catch was perfect, he's short throw it so he's the only one with a chance. I still am not sure of his punt return skills and reads but he showed some improvement and that is what is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom