Really good week for our TEAM Development | Syracusefan.com

Really good week for our TEAM Development

OrangeinDC

Mission: Always destroy Bayside44 in Hoops!
Even with the two L's. Young team got to see a couple things which will go so much better in the future if they get it. There were glimpses of good things (with a lot of bad I will admit) in the games against Tenn and Gonzaga. Chaminade was overmatched, however the players got to see what it looks like if they do things right. The ball movement and trusting your teammates. I also think the players are getting more familiar playing with each other and learning what each one does well. Maybe it was me but it looked like JT's teammates really decided to help him get out of his shooting funk. Trust in each other will be huge with the makeup of this team on how they develop, and I saw that seed planted actually.. playing for each other.

The LSU game will tell a lot, they'll either build on this week or they will revert back.

Agree. Playing good teams will show these guys that they need to gel batter and take care of the details. If they are as competitive as Red says they are, they should continue to listen and get better. The ball movement and unselfishness last night was a big improvement. The key will be in tough situations, will they fight together or go on their own. That’s Red’s big challenge. Last night they actually ran out of bounds plays. That’s another good sign.

Agree. Playing good teams will show these guys that they need to gel batter and take care of the details. If they are as competitive as Red says they are, they should continue to listen and get better. The ball movement and unselfishness last night was a big improvement. The key will be in tough situations, will they fight together or go on their own. That’s Red’s big challenge. Last night they actually ran out of bounds plays. That’s another good sign.
Hopefully they learn from it and realize to win, they need to play team ball. Great teams revealed their weaknesses and they responded last night and overwhelmed a less talented team, as they should. It's nice to see that for a change. But they learn more from the losses than the wins.

Agree. Hopefully the team and the coaches learned something from getting manhandled by 2 talented and/or well coached teams.

We will know soon enough..

Will this team have an upward trajectory?

Or, are we what we are?

I hope for more team play on O, better shot selection, & shooting with more confidence. We purposely take too many too difficult shots.

Hopefully Red finds his rotations & has a plan.

Hopefully the 1 dimensional players try to offer a broader contribution.

The team could be the start of something great, or could disappoint.

We will know soon enough.

Even with the two L's. Young team got to see a couple things which will go so much better in the future if they get it. There were glimpses of good things (with a lot of bad I will admit) in the games against Tenn and Gonzaga. Chaminade was overmatched, however the players got to see what it looks like if they do things right. The ball movement and trusting your teammates. I also think the players are getting more familiar playing with each other and learning what each one does well. Maybe it was me but it looked like JT's teammates really decided to help him get out of his shooting funk. Trust in each other will be huge with the makeup of this team on how they develop, and I saw that seed planted actually.. playing for each other.

The LSU game will tell a lot, they'll either build on this week or they will revert back.
Yes. I’m also hoping those two losses came against teams that play much better defense than we are likely to see with consistency this year. They were both pretty impressive in that respect.

Really good to see JT get that work to reestablish himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom