Reason for some optimism | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Reason for some optimism

Preseason rankings are meaningless once the games have been played..

still waiting for a volunteer to kneecap Cunningham in his sleep… ideally just before their plane departs to Syracuse. We need a break to go our way to open this season. It’s time we start living up to the fanatic in fan.

I like playing them week 1 it seems like whomever is having the better season wins easily when we face them. Cunningham is a problem but we get all of fall practice to gameplan to stop him. I think for week 2 Uconn has a QB that can't throw and just runs too.

I'd like to play Pitt week 1 sometime for the same reason. Bummed I never got the scheduled week 1 @ BC game to attend locally for me in 2020 due to corona.

Its a tough schedule but its back loaded.

I’m sorry, but hardly any power conference schools (except for Vanderbilt) would keep a coach who’s 15-35 in conference play and has made one bowl in six years. It really is impossible for anybody not in la-la land to say anything positive about Baber’s tenure.
Dino won the lottery. Hopefully the new coaches allow him to stay at the 30k level which he seems good at.

I like playing them week 1 it seems like whomever is having the better season wins easily when we face them. Cunningham is a problem but we get all of fall practice to gameplan to stop him. I think for week 2 Uconn has a QB that can't throw and just runs too.

I'd like to play Pitt week 1 sometime for the same reason. Bummed I never got the scheduled week 1 @ BC game to attend locally for me in 2020 due to corona.

Its a tough schedule but its back loaded.

I was watching lville highlights yesterday and were also lucky that the WR Harrell transferred to bama. They have some transfers in but they might not be as talented as last year and the transfers they did get may not play to full potential by week 1.

This really sucks. First year in a long time I am not fired up for the season and it has nothing to do with our boys. More re-alignment, NIL and our unwillingness to play ball(according to Wildhack), etc just has me feeling like the college game the way we grew to love it is over.

I used to get so fired up over an upcoming WV game. I haven't felt that way in a while. I thought the whole 'who's house, our house' chant in the middle of Alumni stadium would have rekindled an old rivalry, it hasn't. It feels like we're treading water solo in shark infested seas.

At least I'm buying into some of the pre-season Lions hype. I mean we have the highest paid offense in the NFL apparently lmao.
Well glad that's over. I woke this morning ready eat some Cardinal. I must be getting old. My anticipation motor apparently doesn't start now until September or two days until the first game. Not sure which yet. LGO!

I was watching lville highlights yesterday and were also lucky that the WR Harrell transferred to bama. They have some transfers in but they might not be as talented as last year and the transfers they did get may not play to full potential by week 1.
Neither of the two WR's that burned us for TD's last year (Harrell and Watkins) is listed on the LV roster this year.

Neither of the two WR's that burned us for TD's last year (Harrell and Watkins) is listed on the LV roster this year.

They have a xfer WR, Tyler Hudson, who’s supposed to be a real stud.

I watched some highlights as well.
Behind Enemy Lines: Louisville Cardinals

I'm more concerned about their OL talent and specifically the big runs they got on us. Just look at the beginning of that clip. Their OL dominated us. They do a great job of holding using their hands to grab us just long enough for a penalty to not be called. Looked like lots of holds grabbing to me. And that was against a better DL than we have this year. They got to the second level and held blocked our LB's for big gainers.

We are definitely going to need to put up a lot of points. And lets get some friggin turnovers man!

I watched some highlights as well.
Behind Enemy Lines: Louisville Cardinals

I'm more concerned about their OL talent and specifically the big runs they got on us. Just look at the beginning of that clip. Their OL dominated us. They do a great job of holding using their hands to grab us just long enough for a penalty to not be called. Looked like lots of holds grabbing to me. And that was against a better DL than we have this year. They got to the second level and held blocked our LB's for big gainers.

We are definitely going to need to put up a lot of points. And lets get some friggin turnovers man!
Oof Josh Black got killed in those clips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom