Reasons why nba draft board dont mean jack chit to me | Syracusefan.com

Reasons why nba draft board dont mean jack chit to me

Jerami grant projected in the top 15. Cleanthony early probably not even projected. Id take early every day of the week and twice on sundays over grant and i looooove jerami grant.

What position is Early going to play in the NBA?

Marsh01 said:
Jerami grant projected in the top 15. Cleanthony early probably not even projected. Id take early every day of the week and twice on sundays over grant and i looooove jerami grant.

You're forgetting: potential.

Ha.

I'd take about 40 forwards over Grant.

Seriously after watching a ton of games in this tournament grant Ennis CJ would be on the second page. Christ I'd take the entire Witchita starting five before those three.

No clue and i could give a crap about the nba and where these kids go. Give me college potential

You should have specified that in your post. The NBA draft board sites are referring to the NBA. Weird post.

What position will JG play? At least Early has the shooting and scoring thing going for him. Grant has being 19. They're the same size and similar athletes, so supposed potential is all that puts JG ahead of Early. And that's kind of crazy.

What position will JG play? At least Early has the shooting and scoring thing going for him. Grant has being 19. They're the same size and similar athletes, so supposed potential is all that puts JG ahead of Early. And that's kind of crazy.

SF. I don't believe they are similar athletes nor does the NBA...but we'll see

What position is Jerami going to play in the NBA? Is he a 205 lb power forward? Is he a 3 even though he has no perimeter shot and a weak handle?

NBA drafts on upside Early is a good scorer but he wasn't able to guard his Kentucky counterpart. Grant is an NBA athlete and is a mid first round pick if he wants to leave. Grant has a pretty good ceiling.

Early impressed the he11 out of me today. Just huge in every phase of the game. I could easily see him as a 3 in the league. And as others point out above (and I don't pretend to know the inner-workings of NBA talent eval), if you question what position he'd play, JG doesn't stand a chance whatsoever.
To me, Early looks like a better: athlete, scorer, shooter, defender, ball handler. Perhaps JG has the edge in rebounding and that would be it.

Early impressed the he11 out of me today. Just huge in every phase of the game. I could easily see him as a 3 in the league. And as others point out above (and I don't pretend to know the inner-workings of NBA talent eval), if you question what position he'd play, JG doesn't stand a chance whatsoever.
To me, Early looks like a better: athlete, scorer, shooter, defender, ball handler. Perhaps JG has the edge in rebounding and that would be it.

I honestly didn't watch enough of him all year to give a solid assessment. However, just from what I saw today the kid looked like a tremendous talent.

What position is Jerami going to play in the NBA? Is he a 205 lb power forward? Is he a 3 even though he has no perimeter shot and a weak handle?

Jerami will be a 3 in the NBA. He has the makings of a perimeter shot and is a good enough athlete to cover NBA 3s (in theory).

Both Early and Grant are 3's, sometimes a 4 when a team wants to go small and quick creating mismatches.

I thought during the game that I'd trade back, leave the Kentucky players at the top of the board and take Early mid to late 1st round in a heartbeat.

Both Early and Grant are 3's, sometimes a 4 when a team wants to go small and quick creating mismatches.

I thought during the game that I'd trade back, leave the Kentucky players at the top of the board and take Early mid to late 1st round in a heartbeat.

One additional thing though and it was kind blown over.

Early turns 23 next month. 23.

For comparison, Thaddeus Young is 25 and Paul George is 23.

You draft a 23 year old, he better be ready to immediately play in the NBA. You can sit on Grant for a year or two if you picked him.

I've seen two NBA star caliber players this week. Early and Cotton. Not Parker, not Randle. They will be NBA players, just not stars like those two.

There isn't a chance in hell that Early can play the 4. Short with a short wingspan =/= small ball PF.

And I know that we lost yesterday and Grant disappointed, but seriously? Saying guys like Early are more athletic? Give me a break. Grant is one of the best athletes in the draft hands-down. I don't understand how people can say things like Early is a better athlete than Grant and that Ennis' athleticism is on par with guys like Rajon Rondo. Just insanity going on around here.

Early will be a late 1st-early 2nd round pick, but he just isn't the prospect that Grant is.

I've seen two NBA star caliber players this week. Early and Cotton. Not Parker, not Randle. They will be NBA players, just not stars like those two.

You think Cotton will be a STAR NBA player? Do you know how many star players in the NBA are currently 6'0?

One additional thing though and it was kind blown over.

Early turns 23 next month. 23.

For comparison, Thaddeus Young is 25 and Paul George is 23.

You draft a 23 year old, he better be ready to immediately play in the NBA. You can sit on Grant for a year or two if you picked him.

If you sat on jeremy grant for two minutes, let alone two years, he would break in half.

There isn't a chance in hell that Early can play the 4. Short with a short wingspan =/= small ball PF.

And I know that we lost yesterday and Grant disappointed, but seriously? Saying guys like Early are more athletic? Give me a break. Grant is one of the best athletes in the draft hands-down. I don't understand how people can say things like Early is a better athlete than Grant and that Ennis' athleticism is on par with guys like Rajon Rondo. Just insanity going on around here.

Early will be a late 1st-early 2nd round pick, but he just isn't the prospect that Grant is.
I don't know man, today Early looked every bit the athlete that Jerami is.