Recap of the 6th Orangeyes Open | Syracusefan.com

Recap of the 6th Orangeyes Open

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The 6th annual Orangeyes Open was held at Foxfire Golf Course Saturday afternoon at noon.

We had an excellent turnout featuring 11 teams, most clad in Syracuse gear. Dan would have loved that 11 foursomes = 44 golfers.

The weather was perfect. The course was in good shape and I think everyone had a good time. I will leave it to OrangeOnions to provide final numbers but my guess is that another $4K to $5K was raised for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Western and Central New York.

A large number of luminaries on the board attended. I will not even try to list them all. The OrangeOnions powerhouse team won with a sterling score of -14. At dinner, Brian made a great speech about his dad, his dad's impact on his life and his great love of sports and people.

Dinner was tasty. It featured a lovely garden salad, Italian bread, meatballs, roasted chicken, salt potatoes, baked ziti and chocolate chip cookies. All in all, it was a great day.

Other highlights:

gocusecaz won the closest to the pin for the men with a remarkable shot. I believe it was 6 feet away. Incredible.

Headmaster 9 won the long drive contest for the women, with a drive reported to be 389 yards!

OrangeOnions youngest daughter Sophia did a great job calling the numbers for prizes and has positioned herself strongly as the replacement for Yolanda Vega sometime down the road.

The Colliers won a spirited bidding battle for a chance to watch a game in cto's coveted court side basketball tickets. Thank you so much cto for your generosity once again!

And thanks to all who came and played, to those who attended the dinner and those who supported the cause financially or buy donating prizes for auction. It means a lot to me and it means a lot to Dan's family.

For those who plan ahead and like to block out dates on scheduled, the tournament will be held next year, again at Foxfire, again with a noon shotgun start, on August 8th. At that point, the new roof of the athletic facility now known as the Carrier Dome should be almost complete.

I am already excited about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 6th annual Orangeyes Open was held at Foxfire Golf Course Saturday afternoon at noon.

We had an excellent turnout featuring 11 teams, most clad in Syracuse gear. Dan would have loved that 11 foursomes = 44 golfers.

The weather was perfect. The course was in good shape and I think everyone had a good time. I will leave it to OrangeOnions to provide final numbers but my guess is that another $4K to $5K was raised for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Western and Central New York.

A large number of luminaries on the board attended. I will not even try to list them all. The OrangeOnions powerhouse team won with a sterling score of -14. At dinner, Brian made a great speech about his dad, his dad's impact on his life and his great love of sports and people.

Dinner was tasty. It featured a lovely garden salad, Italian bread, meatballs, roasted chicken, salt potatoes, baked ziti and chocolate chip cookies. All in all, it was a great day.

Other highlights:

gocusecaz won the closest to the pin for the men with a remarkable shot. I believe it was 6 feet away. Incredible.

Headmaster 9 won the long drive contest for the women, with a drive reported to be 389 yards!

OrangeOnions youngest daughter Sophia did a great job calling the numbers for prizes and has positioned herself strongly as the replacement for Yolanda Vega sometime down the road.

The Colliers won a spirited bidding battle for a chance to watch a game in cto's coveted court side basketball tickets. Thank you so much cto for your generosity once again!

And thanks to all who came and played, to those who attended the dinner and those who supported the cause financially or buy donating prizes for auction. It means a lot to me and it means a lot to Dan's family.

For those who plan ahead and like to block out dates on scheduled, the tournament will be held next year, again at Foxfire, again with a noon shotgun start, on August 1st. At that point, the new roof of the athletic facility now known as the Carrier Dome should be almost complete.

Great recap but I’d like a little more information on the 389 yard drive. Is Headmaster Brooks Koepka?

We raised a total of $4,078 this year bringing our 6 year total to $28,542.27.
Thank you to everyone who attended and donated.
Save the date for next years tournament.
The 7th Annual Orangeyes Open will be held on Saturday August 8th at noon at Foxfire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Other highlights:

For those who plan ahead and like to block out dates on scheduled, the tournament will be held next year, again at Foxfire, again with a noon shotgun start, on August 1st. At that point, the new roof of the athletic facility now known as the Carrier Dome should be almost complete.

Update:

The tournament next year will be held on August 8th, not August 1st. It will still be a noon shotgun...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom