Reception Leaders in 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Reception Leaders in 2024

Orijinal

All Conference
So I wanted to talk about the receivers and tight ends on the 2024 roster. Man, there sure seems to be an overwhelming amount of quality talent to choose from. I would even go so far to say that these 2 positions are loaded, even without seeing many of them take the field yet for Syracuse.

I was wondering who we all feel will be the top 3 receivers/TE's at the end of the year in total yards? Feel free to mix and match from both positions to come up with a top 3 (I don't see how you can do this exercise otherwise)

I'll give my top 3 and add one X Factor--someone who didn't make my top 3 but very well could by year's end.

Anyway, here's my group:
1. Justus Ross Simmons
2. Oronde Gadsden
3. Trebor Pena
X-Factor: Yazeed Haynes

Notable absences: Dan Villari, Emanuel Ross, Jackson Meeks, Jamie Tremble

I have to say Trebor Pena wowed me in the Spring Game. That kid really transformed his body and he will be someone to contend with come fall. I was shockingly surprised (in a good way). I just hope he stays healthy all year so we can see what he really can do

So I wanted to talk about the receivers and tight ends on the 2024 roster. Man, there sure seems to be an overwhelming amount of quality talent to choose from. I would even go so far to say that these 2 positions are loaded, even without seeing many of them take the field yet for Syracuse.

I was wondering who we all feel will be the top 3 receivers/TE's at the end of the year in total yards? Feel free to mix and match from both positions to come up with a top 3 (I don't see how you can do this exercise otherwise)

I'll give my top 3 and add one X Factor--someone who didn't make my top 3 but very well could by year's end.

Anyway, here's my group:
1. Justus Ross Simmons
2. Oronde Gadsden
3. Trebor Pena
X-Factor: Yazeed Haynes

Notable absences: Dan Villari, Emanuel Ross, Jackson Meeks, Jamie Tremble

I have to say Trebor Pena wowed me in the Spring Game. That kid really transformed his body and he will be someone to contend with come fall. I was shockingly surprised (in a good way). I just hope he stays healthy all year so we can see what he really can do

I'll say OG, Haynes and JRS, in that order.

OG, JRS, Haynes in that order.

OG needs to get the ball in his hands, and is probably our best zone buster / 3rd down option. Haven't seen much from JRS, but just due to his body size, and need for a WR1 he needs to be brought into the mix. Lastly, Haynes could go from 3 to 2 and is more of an x factor, and if anything can be taken away from the spring game, he could explode on the scene.

I hope we are able to throw to who ever as needed and have to rely on one guy being open. We should be able to get better matchups with this group if the oline can block a decent amount of time.

What are your projections for the starting OL?

E. Cruz, Hornsby, Reed, Weatherspoon, and Wohlabaugh?

no Hatcher at all in these lists. he will be going against the 3-4 DB when he is on the field
Hatcher didn’t even make the first team during spring game. That went to Zeed, Peña, & Gil (who made the same tough catch that Hatcher was unable to make)

Then you gotta assume that OG and JRS are ahead of him too, not to mention Meeks who Kyle has been very high on in the spring practice sessions.

I think Hatcher is WR7 if you count OG with the WRs

It doesn't mean that WR #3 gets the 3rd most catches. Its about time on the field and chances to make catches.

Until we see real sets we wont know peoples rolls. I can see OG playing the slot taking away Pena reps.
We dont know the TE volume at all.

If we complete 25 a game 5-6 guys will see the ball.

We could see Haynes outside get 3-4, OG get 5-6, Vallari 1-2, Pena 3-4 That still leaves 5-10 catches to be made.

I do think Ross Simmons may lead the team in the roll he will play though.

Gill and Hatcher who knows..

Will we complete 30 a game?

McCord Spread it around pretty good after Harrison last year whole only completing 20-25

the TEs were about 4 a game. If we run well will we see that same volume

Even in our broken passing game Hatcher had 32 last yr.

One other thing about Peña. The reports out of spring ball said the coaches really like him, and it showed in the spring game. I think he is going to see more run than some on here are anticipating, and I think that's a great thing

I now step down from my Peña soapbox

Nahhh that is not ideal.
I get your point, I just think he is going to be fail safe type of guy. A lot of quick hitters is why I think he will lead and not by a large margin. I suspect there will be some distribution between a fair number of guys this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom