Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

In related matters, Hearing from a physician on the US lacrosse return to play committee, Fall ball is a big maybe , Spring start likely

The extension of the dead period through July has completely fkd the HS juniors.

yeah this is awful. The 2021s are in deep trouble. I suspect there’ll be a bigger than normal fall / winter season; with club and a zillion prospect camps - and that sucks because the weather can be miserable as well as with kids playing fall sports and trying to cram everything in. Friday night football and then traveling 2/3 hours for a one day camp with everything on the line; and you cross your fingers for good weather.

Last edited:
I have to assume Ryan Colsey is related to Roy?

I have to assume Ryan Colsey is related to Roy?

Yes, Ryan is Roy’s oldest son and plays for Dad at Ridgefield and Team Superstar indoor. He may not get the promotion that Joey Spallina gets, but he is a stud and a legacy.

Wow, Middlebury and Cuse neck and neck with 1 recruit in the top 100.

Eh I wouldn't read to much into that. Had there been a HS season this past year I think SU would probably have 2 or 3 guys. That said the lack of top 100 players is a concern despite 2021 being a smaller class and more midfield oriented after the haul of attack recruits for 2020. Definitely expect more for 2022 now that March has a year under his belt at SU. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot more flipping going on this fall.

Since all the 16s 17's 18's and 19's got an extra year of eligibility, how many 21's and 22's will we even have room for?