Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Main criteria to be a top 10 player ——— re-class or post grade.

Interesting development, Schutz jumps from the 8 spot to number 1. I think it has been two years since IL updated their list of Top 100 for the 2021 class, so a lot has changed. Andrew MacAdory from Duke was the previous number 1. I think we will get a full updated list later in the week, IL just ran the Women's list last week. Blake Borges was the only Syracuse recruit ranked in the last printing (at 95).

Lot of weight being put into that Under Armor game performance.

I think the Leo Johnson kid at Yale is going to end up being the best player in this class. Great first step, elite vision and passing skill and a great fit for that system. Likely a starter on attack from day one. He's going to put up a ton of points and will be the centerpiece of that offense for years to come. Schutz is good but will play second fiddle to Shellenberger for three years.

Interesting development, Schutz jumps from the 8 spot to number 1. I think it has been two years since IL updated their list of Top 100 for the 2021 class, so a lot has changed. Andrew MacAdory from Duke was the previous number 1. I think we will get a full updated list later in the week, IL just ran the Women's list last week. Blake Borges was the only Syracuse recruit ranked in the last printing (at 95).

Hoping for a Corsi sighting. Classic IL creating hype by changing the number one guy right before the season starts. No pressure Griffin!

Anyone hearing anything about us? Flippers or flippies?

A name to keep an eye on for '24 - it looks like Roy Colsey has another son, Kyle, a lefty attackman. Interesting to see if he ends up at Dad's alma mater, or joins his brother at Virginia.

Kyle Colsey, A, Ridgefield (Conn.), Eclipse 2024
(Highlights in Profile)
Brady Pokorny, A, Darien (Conn.), Eclipse 2024
(Highlights in Profile)
The Lefty-Nation duo has a clear chemistry that has been picking apart defenses all weekend the IMLCA Players Summit. As freshman, the two combined for 168 collective points this past spring for their respective varsity programs. Colsey initiates off the left wing, with every dodge in the book, leaning and bouncing his way to free his hands

Only five combined top 100s for Cuse and Hopkins. Things certainly have changed. Though both have stronger 2022 and 2023 classes so that number will go up again soon.

I like the change from McAdorey to Schutz for the #1 overall. I'd have considered Leo Johnson as well.

Pretty good class for Penn State:

PSU has a 5-star attackman Matt Lazzaro in the 2022 class, and a 5-star attackman, Kyle Lehman in the 2023 class, so while this year might be a off year for them, it looks like they might rise up in coming years.

Pretty good class for Penn State:

PSU has a 5-star attackman Matt Lazzaro in the 2022 class, and a 5-star attackman, Kyle Lehman in the 2023 class, so while this year might be a off year for them, it looks like they might rise up in coming years.
Not sure how in-tune you are with SU's feelings about the Nits--but we despised them before Sandusky, so you can imagine what Orange fans think of State Penn today.

That was a pretty fast flip. Lesson is, recruiting never stops.

Nick’s brother Jack went to Duke and played lax there. His uncle, also named Nick Bruckner, played WR for Syracuse in the early 1980s and later played on the Jets for 3 seasons.

Not sure how in-tune you are with SU's feelings about the Nits--but we despised them before Sandusky, so you can imagine what Orange fans think of State Penn today.
I feel much the same. I think a large number of Terp fans feel that way also.
I have to support PSU in lacrosse a little, particularly in ooc match-ups, as they are Big Ten, but I don't warm up for them.

Many of the Class of 22 will be on campus next weekend for scrimmages. Should be a good time to get a look at the Cuse future together at the basketball game.

Same time as SU-UVA but three Syracuse recruits will be in action this weekend as St Johns (DC) takes on Gilman, and there is a stream.

Same time as SU-UVA but three Syracuse recruits will be in action this weekend as St Johns (DC) takes on Gilman, and there is a stream.

Figueiras and Trujillo played a half. Rhoa sat out for this scrimmage. Figueiras and Trujillo will make strong cases for playtime next year. Different

Both US Lacrosse and Inside Lacrosse released their preseason high school Top 25. Syracuse recruits well represented with the likes of St Anthony’s (Leo), St Johns (Rhoa, Figureias, Trujillo), Mt Sinai (Spallina x3, Sageder), Loyola (Dwan), Calvert Hall (Beck), The Hill Academy (Scott), Garden City (Finnel) and Lawrenceville (Kilrain) being ranked. St Johns is number one in IL and St Anthony’s is number one in US Lax.