Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Taylor Morgan, LSM, from Georgetown Prep, played one year as a reserve at UMd (2012), then finished up his career at Stevenson.

Nate Kabiri, Georgetown Prep - Very impressive highlight reel. He looks to be a quarterback style attackman, really nice vision and dodging ability. One of the his goals around the 2:38 mark is really crazy. Syracuse hasn't had many kids from GT Prep. Lipka of course and another LSM whose name I can't remember but transferred to Maryland. That's about it. Wonder how he would fit in with Spallina, but obviously very talented.
It appears that Kabiri played at Episcopal (VA) this past spring and is transferring over to Gtn Prep.

Two players we should look at are Jack Herendeen from Victor and Christian Hogan from Auburn. Both 24s I believe.

Maybe you guys can make more out of this.
3B8625AF-12B2-43FE-8F73-BE3667AB8F60.jpeg
26C1FB51-0B31-431E-B2D6-42401851402D.jpeg

Also on the Mainstage video you see quite a bit of Ethan Pearson 6 foot middie from CO.

Sam Ricci from Victor and Brady Wambach Salisbury will be in the top 3 face off recruits in the country.

Elijah Stobaugh is a big middie out of Florida who will be a target of every ACC team.

Gravino (Victor) really exploded last year and is a smart player! It will be interesting to see who pulls the trigger on him or if they wait a little longer to see how he progresses and develops.

They all play for Sweetlax National.

Localish guys that may (not certain) get a look Andrew Kohlbrenner (CBA) & Jackson Monte (Fairport)

I saw him play this summer - I believe my post about him fell casualty to the database mishap. This kid is legit. (Have seen him play in years past, as well. I have coached a lot of 2023s.)

Thanks - any other names we should keep an eye out for?

Duffy is the top 2023 IMO. Better than Millon who is already 18 apparently and frankly should be a 2021.

I was under the impression that Millon had been hurt this summer (bad timing) so that has probably hurt his chance at "best recruit". Duffy looks like a really good player.

Does anyone have any leads on where some of these kids might end up? Usually by now there are whispers.

Duffy is the top 2023 IMO. Better than Millon who is already 18 apparently and frankly should be a 2021.
I would find it a little curious that Long Island would have 4 #1 recruits in a row, especially given that the don't dominate the Tewaraaraton award, other D1 awards or 1st team D1 AA these days at the other end of the spigot.
It sort of makes one think the LI hype machine is going strong.

I would find it a little curious that Long Island would have 4 #1 recruits in a row, especially given that the don't dominate the Tewaraaraton award, other D1 awards or 1st team D1 AA these days at the other end of the spigot.

All four (O'Neil, McAdory, Spallina and Duffy) come from the same club team as well, and three of the four go/went to St. Anthony's. In fairness to the award stuff, out of the four players only one has played a season of college lacrosse.

All four (O'Neil, McAdory, Spallina and Duffy) come from the same club team as well, and three of the four go/went to St. Anthony's. In fairness to the award stuff, out of the four players only one has played a season of college lacrosse.
Attack of the year and defender of the year were both LI (Giles Harris and Gray). Entenmenn could have easily taken goalie of the year. Pat Kavanaugh is looking like someone with future Tewwy potential and was also 1st team AA. ONeill didn't totally dominate as a frosh but he certainly looked to have future 1st team AA/ Tewwy potential. There are plenty more besides those guys who are top of the line and from LI. They are certainly top tier for hot beds that do well in D1.

Thanks - any other names we should keep an eye out for?

I was under the impression that Millon had been hurt this summer (bad timing) so that has probably hurt his chance at "best recruit". Duffy looks like a really good player.

Does anyone have any leads on where some of these kids might end up? Usually by now there are whispers.

I have a busy weekend planned but will try to put something together in the next few days. It will primarily be from NJ (where I live) and high-end teams that have played against NJ teams I'm familiar/have experience with, so not exhaustive and certainly not a "best in the nation" list. There are definitely a few kids that left a big impression on me from early on (summer after 5th grade and beyond).

Attack of the year and defender of the year were both LI (Giles Harris and Gray). Entenmenn could have easily taken goalie of the year. Pat Kavanaugh is looking like someone with future Tewwy potential and was also 1st team AA. ONeill didn't totally dominate as a frosh but he certainly looked to have future 1st team AA/ Tewwy potential. There are plenty more besides those guys who are top of the line and from LI. They are certainly top tier for hot beds that do well in D1.
Giles Harris played for St Joes in NJ that is known for football but a crappy lax team playing a crappy lax schedule. God bless Cade Van Rapphorst nm

It's an arbitrary (albeit informed) ranking created by Ty Xanders. Are you concerned that Ty Xanders has some sort of Long Island bias? If so, I think you can rest easy.

Last edited:
It's an arbitrary (albeit informed) ranking created by Ty Xanders. Are you concerned that Ty Xanders has some sort of Long Island bias? If so, I think you can rest easy.
I'd say the fact that Ty Xanders has named 3 Long Islanders in a row #1 shows he has no problem naming Long Islanders #1. Proof is in the pudding.

I'd say the fact that Ty Xanders has named 3 Long Islanders in a row #1 shows he has no problem naming Long Islanders #1. Proof is in the pudding.
Dazed And Confused GIF

I guess they are based on this: