Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

I guess they are based on this:

Nice to see another publication do recruiting rankings other than IL. Gives a different viewpoint. Lax Playground are very high on the Syracuse class, which is great to see. No surprise but they have Spallina as their number one recruit. A bit of a surprise is Dwan is the number three overall recruit, but again, great to see. I was also (pleasantly) surprised to see Truilijo and Mercado on this list, not often you see d-mids get on these kinds of lists. That said Chuck Kuclyski was not listed, I thought he would considered a "top" player.

They are also not as high on Dom Petro it seems - IL made it very clear that Spallina and Petro were the top two guys out there, but Lax Playground has him at number six.

Reading through, you are reminded how many good players Syracuse is bringing in all over the field - attack, midfield, LSM, close defense, d-mid and goalie. Syracuse has players on this list from all positions, which is really quite something. Missing of course is FOGO.

Lastly, nice to see a breakdown like this include things the players need to work on, not just endless praise. One of my biggest issues with IL's ranking system is that they never include any sort of criticism, no insight into why a player gets ranked higher or lower from one year to the next. Kudos to Lax Playground.

Wow that class is something. Need these kids... especially the long sticks to pan out. Offense is in a good spot still but defense is the question.

Nice to see another publication do recruiting rankings other than IL. Gives a different viewpoint. Lax Playground are very high on the Syracuse class, which is great to see. No surprise but they have Spallina as their number one recruit. A bit of a surprise is Dwan is the number three overall recruit, but again, great to see. I was also (pleasantly) surprised to see Truilijo and Mercado on this list, not often you see d-mids get on these kinds of lists. That said Chuck Kuclyski was not listed, I thought he would considered a "top" player.

They are also not as high on Dom Petro it seems - IL made it very clear that Spallina and Petro were the top two guys out there, but Lax Playground has him at number six.

Reading through, you are reminded how many good players Syracuse is bringing in all over the field - attack, midfield, LSM, close defense, d-mid and goalie. Syracuse has players on this list from all positions, which is really quite something. Missing of course is FOGO.

Lastly, nice to see a breakdown like this include things the players need to work on, not just endless praise. One of my biggest issues with IL's ranking system is that they never include any sort of criticism, no insight into why a player gets ranked higher or lower from one year to the next. Kudos to Lax Playground.
Nice to see some love for Mercado. His highlight tape is quite the display of athleticism. Nice to see love for the SSDM position in general. Surprised that AJ Larkin, who plays D along side Dwan, did not crack the top 10. Curious if the guy who made this is lurking around hear somewhere? He seems to have reached levels of unhealthy obsession that some of us know all too well!

Wow that class is something. Need these kids... especially the long sticks to pan out. Offense is in a good spot still but defense is the question.
Keep in mind we will be losing a boatload of guys on O after next season. Curry, Quinn, and Seebold guaranteed gone and Dordevic could easily leave rather than stay on campus a 6th year.

Keep in mind we will be losing a boatload of guys on O after next season. Curry, Quinn, and Seebold guaranteed gone and Dordevic could easily leave rather than stay on campus a 6th year.

FWIW Tommy Drago posted a "story" on IG the other day with Dordevic and Quinn, with the caption of "1 More Year". I am not the best at deciphering the language of college kids these days, but I assume Dordevic will only be back for this season. We shall see.

The Orange really need some good younger players to step up at midfield this season. It's great to have Curry, Dordvic, Quinn and, assuming Buttermore back, but that's four of six they'll have to replace the following year. And as good as the '22 class is, midfield is probably the hardest position to transition to form high school.

FWIW Tommy Drago posted a "story" on IG the other day with Dordevic and Quinn, with the caption of "1 More Year". I am not the best at deciphering the language of college kids these days, but I assume Dordevic will only be back for this season. We shall see.

The Orange really need some good younger players to step up at midfield this season. It's great to have Curry, Dordvic, Quinn and, assuming Buttermore back, but that's four of six they'll have to replace the following year. And as good as the '22 class is, midfield is probably the hardest position to transition to form high school.

Don't take it as gospel but I don't believe Dordevic will be back for a sixth year.

Why stop there.

7 years gets him into Blutarsky territory.
29 Internet Philosophers Who Will Rip A Hole In Your Mind | National  lampoon's animal house, Animal house, John belushi animal house

FWIW Lax Playground does predictions as to where these kids might end up. I am not sure what they are based off of, so no idea how accurate these are at all. Here are the guys listed with Syracuse under their predictions for players 66-11 (NOTE - these kids all have multiple schools under "prediction") -

65 - Brock Desmaris (FOGO)
63 - Zach Mesa (D)
60 - Shawn Lyght (D)
59 - Jake Spallina (FOGO)
46. Tommy Stines (D)
39 - Brett Koopman (LSM)
36 - Jacob Pacheco (SSDM)
32 - James Carroll (LSM)
31 - Tucker Kellogg (M)
27 - Connor Foley (G)
22 - Cole Webber (D)
21 - Anderson Moore (G)
15 - Roman Buono (D)
13 - Donny Scott (D)
12 - Quinn Cepiel (M)

Will update when they post the Top 10. Interesting that they have so many defenders listed for SU when the '22 class is so full of them. Some other names that I saw that were not linked to Syracuse were Andrew Greenspan at 37 (there was a rumor based on a telecast he might have been committed to SU), Trey Deere (they spell his name wrong) at 23, and Tomas Delgado at 14.

Nice to see some love for Mercado. His highlight tape is quite the display of athleticism. Nice to see love for the SSDM position in general. Surprised that AJ Larkin, who plays D along side Dwan, did not crack the top 10. Curious if the guy who made this is lurking around hear somewhere? He seems to have reached levels of unhealthy obsession that some of us know all too well!
agree about Larkin. I think he is more athletic, faster and just as good in coverage as Dwan. He seems to be everywhere on the field in unsettled situations. Should be rated higher I believe.

FWIW Lax Playground does predictions as to where these kids might end up. I am not sure what they are based off of, so no idea how accurate these are at all. Here are the guys listed with Syracuse under their predictions for players 66-11 (NOTE - these kids all have multiple schools under "prediction") -

63 - Zach Mesa (D)
60 - Shawn Lyght (D)
46. Tommy Stines (D)
39 - Brett Koopman (LSM)
32 - James Carroll (LSM)
31 - Tucker Kellogg (M)
27 - Connor Foley (G)
22 - Cole Webber (D)
21 - Anderson Moore (G)
15 - Roman Buono (D)
13 - Donny Scott (D)
12 - Quinn Cepiel (M)

Will update when they post the Top 10. Interesting that they have so many defenders listed for SU when the '22 class is so full of them. Some other names that I saw that were not linked to Syracuse were Andrew Greenspan at 37 (there was a rumor based on a telecast he might have been committed to SU), Trey Deere (they spell his name wrong) at 23, and Tomas Delgado at 14.
Ben Beacham's brother is going to UMD this fall and Tomas Delgado's brother is going to Michigan this fall. He lists neither school in each recruits respective list. While brother don't always follow brother, still it happens quite a lot.

63 - Zach Mesa (D)
60 - Shawn Lyght (D)
46. Tommy Stines (D)
39 - Brett Koopman (LSM)
32 - James Carroll (LSM)
31 - Tucker Kellogg (M)
27 - Connor Foley (G)
22 - Cole Webber (D)
21 - Anderson Moore (G)
15 - Roman Buono (D)
13 - Donny Scott (D)
12 - Quinn Cepiel (M)

I think IL did something like this one time, take it with a grain of salt as some of those guys probably won't even have offers from SU and SU is definitely not taking that many defenders. I do expect multiple fogos and SU is on Spallinas bro but it's not a foregone conclusion

Anyone know if SU is looking at Tom Gravino, from Victor? Has an Army offer, and probably a Navy offer coming up.

When can we expect 2023's to pledge? Dead period ends tomorrow, correct?