Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Lol, and just like that one of the players I mentioned has committed to Penn -

Idk about you, but I'm bored y'all. this recruiting cycle for 'cuse cant be serious rn
face-with-peeking-eye_1fae3.png
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png
skull_1f480.png

We have some good pieces right now fortunately. Obviously wouldn't be good to whiff on all the remaining high rated guys but we both have some serious talent already and this is just the beginning with the class changing commitments/flipping.
Didn’t a lot of coach’s say the talent level was down this year.. it would be nice to get a few more.. but we willl have room for a few transfers.. maybe a couple of twins.. lol

What about Canadians worth recruiting.. can’t seem to find anything on Canadian kids

Only two 4 four star recruits list Syracuse as a school they are interested in right now - Mason Cook, an attackman out of Loyola Blakefield and Steven Schumer Jr, a defenseman out of St. Mary's. Five star Peter Laake lists Syracuse, but he lists like ten schools in his list. Not very encouraging for how the rest of the recruiting cycle might go, but there are a number of ranked players who still haven't created their own list.

5. Hudson Hausmann - Brunswick
9. Caden Harshbarger - Lake Mary (FL)
20 Ben Firlie - McDonough
21. Matt Wills - La Salle (PA)
24. Aidan McDonald - Culver
32. Reid Gillis - Severn
33. Jimmy Kenney - Needham (MA)
39. John Lagunowich - Chatham (NJ)
46. Luke Warrington - Culver
47. Ian Dykes - Sacred Heart Prep (CA)

Would be nice if Syracuse could nab at least one of these players but unsure how likely that is. SU has grabbed one player from Culver and two from Brunwick over the past few years, but not many known connections at the other schools on this list. There are a lot of other four stars that aren't listing schools right now, so SU might do better that we anticipate.
guesses for landing spots. let's see if i do better than sirius lacrosse did last year. i'll give myself three guesses for each

5. Hudson Hausmann - duke, georgetown, princeton
9. Caden Harshbarger - maryland, michigan, north carolina
20 Ben Firlie - penn, notre dame, harvard
24. Aidan McDonald - princeton, harvard, ohio state
32. Reid Gillis - maryland, princeton, ohio state
33. Jimmy Kenney - harvard, duke, yale
39. John Lagunowich - michigan, north carolina, syracuse
46. Luke Warrington - north carolina, hopkins, princeton
47. Ian Dykes - north carolina, harvard, notre dame

i have no inside info on any of these guys except a little bit on harshbarger who is strongly considering maryland

Last edited:
guesses for landing spots. let's see if i do better than sirius lacrosse did last year. i'll give myself three guesses for each

5. Hudson Hausmann - duke, georgetown, princeton
9. Caden Harshbarger - maryland, michigan, north carolina
20 Ben Firlie - penn, notre dame, harvard
24. Aidan McDonald - princeton, harvard, ohio state
32. Reid Gillis - maryland, princeton, ohio state
33. Jimmy Kenney - harvard, duke, yale
39. John Lagunowich - michigan, north carolina, syracuse
46. Luke Warrington - north carolina, hopkins, princeton
47. Ian Dykes - north carolina, harvard, notre dame

i have no inside info on any of these guys except a little bit on harshbarger who is strongly considering maryland
Harshbarger went to Bernhardt's high school, would guess the Terps are a heavy favorite

Harshbarger went to Bernhardt's high school, would guess the Terps are a heavy favorite
The Bernhardt's went to Lake Brantley High School, where as Caden Harshbarger is listed as Lake Mary High School.

What about Canadians worth recruiting.. can’t seem to find anything on Canadian kids
IL #24/NLF #62 attack Aidan McDonald (Culver) is from Maple Ridge, BC...3.5 hours from the Gait’s hometown of Victoria, BC. He was the #1 overall pick in the BCJALL, BC’s indoor junior league. He’s a righty QB type who operates from X.

IL #24/NLF #62 attack Aidan McDonald (Culver) is from Maple Ridge, BC...3.5 hours from the Gait’s hometown of Victoria, BC. He was the #1 overall pick in the BCJALL, BC’s indoor junior league. He’s a righty QB type who operates from X.
Nice.. that would be a nice addition

Navy now has 9 four star recruits and two top 50 players. Really impressive from them. They have recruited well for a couple years but it appears the new offensive coordinator Phipps is paying dividends.

They had an extra few months to recruit but Army has one five star recruit and just one four star (eight other recruits but no stars). Air Force has 12 commits but none have stars.

Navy now has 9 four star recruits and two top 50 players. Really impressive from them. They have recruited well for a couple years but it appears the new offensive coordinator Phipps is paying dividends.

They had an extra few months to recruit but Army has one five star recruit and just one four star (eight other recruits but no stars). Air Force has 12 commits but none have stars.
The armed Forces have actually impressed me in the last two years

Interesting that ND is loading up on CT public school kids...anecdotally in the past I'd heard that their staff was not high on that region.

He'd be at the top of my list! Small but super skilled. His passing ability is top notch. 27 goals 55 assists last year as a sophomore for Culver against a good schedule. Could be a big addition as a distributor for the Gait/March offense

He'd be at the top of my list! Small but super skilled. His passing ability is top notch. 27 goals 55 assists last year as a sophomore for Culver against a good schedule. Could be a big addition as a distributor for the Gait/March offense
My thoughts exactly.. I would think Gait has the inside track on Canadian players.. don’t think Thomson would have flipped if Gait wasn’t here.. fingers crossed for this kid!!

Interesting that ND is loading up on CT public school kids...anecdotally in the past I'd heard that their staff was not high on that region.

with this kid in particular, his dad is paul burmeister, the radio voice of notre dame football. so it was always going to be ND, surprised it took this long

I think he’s the exact attackman we should be looking for in this class. Righty QB type with great vision, a little wiggle, & pinpoint accuracy on his shot from playing box. We’re loaded up on lefties & this kid would have 2 years as Spallina’s understudy.

The sounds of this Aidan kid sounds great to me. Let’s get him.